Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Keep Nuge Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Judging by that photo, it’s no wonder why the Oilers are so bad.

As a body language expert, their body language is down right terrible. Not a winners attitude. Also, from that photo, since JP isn’t there you can see that his English is so bad that he doesn’t warrant being there.

Unbelievable.

Somebody is going to take this seriously. ;)

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Gregor was trashing David Staples on the radio this afternoon, something about him being the worst evaluator of hockey players in the local media.

Reactions: KYams17

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Does he have skinny legs?

9hSC_WRHWTourney01_0709___Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Belchior

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton

As a body language expert, their body language is down right terrible. Not a winners attitude. Also, from that photo, since JP isn’t there you can see that his English is so bad that he doesn’t warrant being there.

Unbelievable.

What I find troublesome from this photo is Nuge barefoot with Shultz and Eberle but his actual team-mates are wearing sandals. Is the the old clique rearing its ugly head? Were only the cool guys allowed no shoes? Why did Nuge enforce a hierarchy that required some to wear shoes and others none? Maybe a subtle nod to the fans that Nuge is leaving for greener pastures like his old friends? I don't like this one bit, the longer I look at this photo the more enraged I get.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Gregor says he's the worst evaluator of players because he doesn't go to the rink and because Staples argued that Strudwick was bad at hockey. Hot take alert.

Strudwick 5v5 GF% from 08-09 to 10-11 = 39.67% with 50% zone starts. CF% 40.61%.
Cult of Hockey
Media member responds to radio jabs
DAVID STAPLES, EDMONTON JOURNAL Updated: July 17, 2019

This just in from myself to Jason Gregor: go to hell.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Gregor says he's the worst evaluator of players because he doesn't go to the rink and because Staples argued that Strudwick was bad at hockey. Hot take alert.

Strudwick 5v5 GF% from 08-09 to 10-11 = 39.67% with 50% zone starts. CF% 40.61%.

I just listened to that. Some clear and obvious pandering by Gregor there. Pretty sure he says nothing if he doesnt have a relationship with Struds.
Very transparent, very unprofessional and very unnecessary.
I am sure even Strudwick picked up on that although I am sure he appreciated the support.

Ultimately though that was a dick move by Gregor.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Unbelievable.

Can’t like post so I’m quoting this to congratulate you on the post of the day.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Legs are a tricky thing to build for some people.
I used to have skinny legs at one time as well despite being an athlete (not a pro obviously) and doing weights on and off for years..
Then I went into Shotokan Karate for 3 years...my physique completely changed. We had to hold stances and the Sensei would go around the class and critique the stance. Sometimes it meant holding a stance for 10 minutes or more. I was in Karate for about 8 hours a week which consisted of perfecting stances (as part of our Katas), and Kumite (fighting) at the end of every class. 8 hours a week is nothing extreme.
It took about 6-8 months (which is about how long my legs were sore for) but in terms of my legs all of the little supporting muscles became much stronger and as a result the bigger muscles became stronger and bigger as well...especially around my knees. It really surprised me....obviously in a good way. It educated me on the value of using other methods aside from weights to build strength.

When I look at Nuges legs I see the same thing especially immediately above his knees....not nearly enough muscle there and around the sides of his knees.
He is already a great skater but building his legs (that doesnt necessarily involve heavy weights) would give him more explosiveness and also allow him to be stronger on his feet because he would have more leverage.
I am truly surprised that he clearly hasnt explored enough in that regard.

Anyway...a rather long winded way of agreeing with you. :D
Fortunately for me I was bestowed with tree trunk legs lol think it was all in the genes but playing soccer growing up sure helped keep my legs in shape. I used weights a bit in high school but nothing over the top it was more for tone rather than body building. You would think after playing hockey his whole life that RNH would have built muscle naturally from playing but yes after seeing his chicken legs I would have guessed the Oilers org would have some kind of trainer in place to help with such things but perhaps RNH doesn’t see his legs as a concern haha I agree though if he did work on putting some extra meat on his legs it would definitely help in some areas of his skating and strength battling for pucks.

Reactions: guymez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad