Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread: "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Y’all been following hockey closer than I have. Has there ever been a player in recent memory who didn’t give a damn about cups? They only wanted the money, and the low expectations from the franchise to CRUISE a career out of the opportunity. Like do just enough to get your money, and don’t get dropped from the league.

Because I can honestly see how a young college kid like McBain would like to live that life style
Alexandre Daigle is the poster boy for this type of asshat. Not of recent vintage but he’s the classic case.

Reactions: DucksUnited

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Y’all been following hockey closer than I have. Has there ever been a player in recent memory who didn’t give a damn about cups? They only wanted the money, and the low expectations from the franchise to CRUISE a career out of the opportunity. Like do just enough to get your money, and don’t get dropped from the league.

Because I can honestly see how a young college kid like McBain would like to live that life style

Jaromir Jagr. Lucky enough to win a cup but his real passion was $ and went everywhere the money was highest in order to longate his gambling career

Ya, ya, some ppl may quote Jags saying he still plays for the love of the game blah, blah, blah.

The guy literally only went to the highest paychecks for years and didn't take training seriously till later cuz he realized he needed to keep playing in order to get contracts

Reactions: DucksUnited

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Despite all of that we are only five wins behind the “contender” Flames and they haven’t had a single notable injury this season. If we had their injury luck we’d be ahead of them.

We’re on a five game win streak, just beat Tampa and Florida and are going to be getting Nuge back. Seems like a decent time to go all in to me. I’m sure it’s what McDavid wants too.

Eastern teams are loading up. From the west, we’ve only seen Colorado and Calgary load up. It’s literally there for the taking and Holland refuses/isn’t capable of making the moves necessary to give us that extra push.

It is shocking that fans can evaluate this teams performance under Woodcroft better than our 5 million dollar GM can.

When you are the highest paid GM in the league, the expectation is you get shit done and improve your team.

Time for Holland to earn his paycheque. Will he though? Very likely not :help:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Despite all of that we are only five wins behind the “contender” Flames and they haven’t had a single notable injury this season. If we had their injury luck we’d be ahead of them.

We’re on a five game win streak, just beat Tampa and Florida and are going to be getting Nuge back. Seems like a decent time to go all in to me. I’m sure it’s what McDavid wants too.

You really want to bet it all with Kosk/Smith in net?

That's the kind of bet that leaves people broke and destitute in Vegas.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
None of these low end guys are any better than what we have If we are not chasing a goalie don't bother throwing away draft picks for no reason.
These seems like a dominant opinion. Does this mean we just give up on the season? Making the playoffs is the highest goal? That's what Holland is communicating if he does nothing. The team has obvious holes on it. Even if you don't bring in a goalie, you can upgrade your goalie stats by upgrading the defense

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
You really want to bet it all with Kosk/Smith in net?

That's the kind of bet that leaves people broke and destitute in Vegas.
Seems like as good of a year as any tbh. It’s not like any player we take in the draft this year is going to make an impact before Connor and Leon leave.

And yes, they’ll be leaving if the Oilers continue to refuse to make an effort to win.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
There may never be a better time to go for it.

JP and Kane are vastly underpaid and Nurse is four million less than what he'll be in the future. McDavid, Draisaitl, Hyman and Nugent-Hopkins are better now than they ever will be in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad