Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread: "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ryan McLeod is our Mathieu Joseph.

And I'm assuming the posters complaining about not getting Paul would have complained about us trading McLeod + 4th for him.
I wouldn't have traded McLeod and a 4th for Nick Paul. Maybe last year.

For the record, I don't think Mathieu Joseph is very good. But it's pretty clear that Dorion is focused on building a tough, physical team to surround their young guys. I don't think we had the piece they were looking for.

At the very least Joseph looks like a comparable to Paul that's younger and cheaper moving forward. I just think they're going to be disappointed. Just like they will be with Hamonic.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Y’all been following hockey closer than I have. Has there ever been a player in recent memory who didn’t give a damn about cups? They only wanted the money, and the low expectations from the franchise to CRUISE a career out of the opportunity. Like do just enough to get your money, and don’t get dropped from the league.

Because I can honestly see how a young college kid like McBain would like to live that life style

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm kind of warming up to Leddy, although I'm frightened of the cost.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Remember, this is supposed to be our “all in” year

It's pretty clear that went out the window when the team tanked mid-season and they had to fire the coach.

Not to mention "all-in" means you aren't running two rookies on defense for most of the year. That's a growing pains season, not an all-in.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
I just went through 18 pages just to find out Holland didn't do anything and lol'd at the Turris (non)waiver transaction.

giphy.gif

(I could've checked other sources but I wanted to read the reactions here)

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wouldn't have traded McLeod and a 4th for Nick Paul. Maybe last year.

For the record, I don't think Mathieu Joseph is very good. But it's pretty clear that Dorion is focused on building a tough, physical team to surround their young guys. I don't think we had the piece they were looking for.

At the very least Joseph looks like a comparable to Paul that's younger and cheaper moving forward. I just think they're going to be disappointed. Just like they will be with Hamonic.
Tampa fans seem to think Joseph was a weak link in their depth. I highly doubt he was McLeod's equal.

I haven't watched Joseph though.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Tampa fans seem to think Joseph was a weak link in their depth. I highly doubt he was McLeod's equal.

You probably remember him as the guy who was running around against the Oilers until Lucic literally sat on him some years ago.

North

Jun 25, 2009

In terms of a physical forward it would be Kassian and he’s older and more expensive. It’s no wonder they preferred Joseph.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
You probably remember him as the guy who was running around against the Oilers until Lucic literally sat on him some years ago.
haha, I really don't. But wouldn't Paul be similar to McLeod, not in style of play but in value? Paul is described as a player who is bottom six but you could play him in the top six.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
It's pretty clear that went out the window when the team tanked mid-season and they had to fire the coach.

Not to mention "all-in" means you aren't running two rookies on defense for most of the year. That's a growing pains season, not an all-in.

Despite all of that we are only five wins behind the “contender” Flames and they haven’t had a single notable injury this season. If we had their injury luck we’d be ahead of them.

We’re on a five game win streak, just beat Tampa and Florida and are going to be getting Nuge back. Seems like a decent time to go all in to me. I’m sure it’s what McDavid wants too.

Reactions: McIce Whole

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
None of these low end guys are any better than what we have If we are not chasing a goalie don't bother throwing away draft picks for no reason.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Despite all of that we are only five wins behind the “contender” Flames and they haven’t had a single notable injury this season. If we had their injury luck we’d be ahead of them.

We’re on a five game win streak, just beat Tampa and Florida and are going to be getting Nuge back. Seems like a decent time to go all in to me. I’m sure it’s what McDavid wants too.
Yep. Add to the fact that we got Kane for cheap and free and next year it’s going to be hard to ice a forward core this deep? Is there a better time?

That said if we can’t figure out goaltending we are donezo anyways.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
It’s fomo
Hasn't anybody watched the past few games? Our impact forward addition (Kane) has been doing just that.

It's obvious that tomorrow will focus on adding a depth defender. If Holland misses on that (and any goalie upgrade that may appear), then, yes, it will be a disappointing deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad