Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | ChaoticOrange: "The man you're looking for is Joel Persson"

Is Joel Perrson the man you're looking for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Good news

Puljujarvi agent is now saying he never said Puljujarvi wouldn’t play for the Oilers next season . Changing his turn . I am sure he would have spoken up long ago if it wasn’t true .

New info? Link?

Yup good news if true. Holland specifically said he has waited out previous premadonnas. Good on him!!

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Good news

Puljujarvi agent is now saying he never said Puljujarvi wouldn’t play for the Oilers next season . Changing his turn . I am sure he would have spoken up long ago if it wasn’t true .

I was about the biggest JP fan there was right up until this trade request came out and how it's been handled.

I don't care if JP comes back and lights the NHL on fire, I want him gone from this team as soon as we can get decent value for him. Absolutely no respect for him after this whole situation. His agents made it seem like he's just a spoiled kid who's only now realizing how garbage his value is so he's pretending like he was misinterpreted.

The kid went from comic relief with fans being split on his future to probably one of the most hated oilers right now. The oilers failed him, but there were far better ways to handle this situation.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
I was about the biggest JP fan there was right up until this trade request came out and how it's been handled.

I don't care if JP comes back and lights the NHL on fire, I want him gone from this team as soon as we can get decent value for him. Absolutely no respect for him after this whole situation. His agents made it seem like he's just a spoiled kid who's only now realizing how garbage his value is so he's pretending like he was misinterpreted.

The kid went from comic relief with fans being split on his future to probably one of the most hated oilers right now. The oilers failed him, but there were far better ways to handle this situation.
Yep, I was considering buying his jersey not long after he was drafted, thank f*** I didn't do that. What a loser

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Good news

Lehto
giphy.gif

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Good news

Pulju should probably fire his agent now to salvage the situation. His agent is looking like a fool now, claiming that media guys were lying about him saying Pulju would not play for the Oilers again, and he would go to Europe if he wasn't traded. He's wrecked a lot of his credibility going forward.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Such confusing statements by Lehto, especially about the part the team has a obligation to develop him

TMac sang him praises and gave him stints in the top 6, but that can be debated

Hitch on the other hand basically gave the kid a reach around happy ending and he played his worst hockey to date. He even rewarded him with priime PP time during a great game, then JP came back the next and made Sport Goofy look like the GOAT

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Pulju should probably fire his agent now to salvage the situation. His agent is looking like a fool now, claiming that media guys were lying about him saying Pulju would not play for the Oilers again, and he would go to Europe if he wasn't traded. He's wrecked a lot of his credibility going forward.

I agree . If he never said Puljujarvi wouldn’t play for the Oilers as soon as it came out any normal person would come out and say I never said that . You don’t wait for 3 weeks to play dumb . Maybe Jesse said something to him as it looks like Holland won’t be force into a trade by his agent

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Wonder is puljujarvi got some advice from people that aren't his agent. He hasn't had the best treatment and he hasn't put in his best but as a young player who hasn't proved much you'd think you'd like your chances with our position right now

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The rumored ask was a 2nd, a mid tier prospect and maybe a late pick

I think it's a consensus at this point our 2nd rounders are destined to be early picks, so that value is good. We also have 2 good goalie prospects now, plus Bear, Laggesson, maybe even Jones or Samourokov

Or maybe we sweeten it with a better pick

My point if Holland wanted to make a legit offer on Gusev, for the asking price, we should be able to make a legit offer

It's not like they are asking for a grade A prospect

From the rumors, the ask should be attainable, even from a division rival

If he gets traded for what always seems to be an underwhelming return, I will be pissed unless we hear definitely that McPhee refused to trade within the conference

2nd + Bear + 4th?

If that's all that it'd cost you have to make such a trade and gamble. Then add Brassard on the cheap and move out Benning.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Chiasson-RNH-Gusev
Lucic-Brassard-Gagner
Nyquist-Haas-Puljujarvi/Khaira

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Jones-Lagesson/Persson

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
2nd + Bear + 4th?

If that's all that it'd cost you have to make such a trade and gamble. Then add Brassard on the cheap and move out Benning.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Chiasson-RNH-Gusev
Lucic-Brassard-Gagner
Nyquist-Haas-Puljujarvi/Khaira

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Jones-Lagesson/Persson

It think it an either or situation...Either Gusev or Brassard.
Not enough cap space for both.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Good news

That's bad news his development has stalled, Europe is the better bet to get him back on the right path.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Trouba who is a true #1 is rumored to be signing for around 7.5 on a long term deal. No RFA years.

Nurse is worth no more than 5 to 6 on a long term deal.

Ummm Trouba is no more of a #1 than Nurse is.

Trouba is one of the most over rated players on HF in the last 5 years.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
It think it an either or situation...Either Gusev or Brassard.
Not enough cap space for both.

Copper & Blue
@CopperandBlue

·
1h
Thinking more about it and the Oilers really can't afford to miss out on Gusev can they? That's an add they pretty much have to be in on, the upside there is could solve a massive need at a relatively low cost

Gusev and a low cost reclamation project like Nichushkin seem like a nice possibility for under $5m combined. The problem is that I don't see Vegas being overly willing to hand us a potential Panarin-level asset on the cheap.

So you really have to question what you're willing to give up to a division rival for a player you have no clue what they bring to the table.

I also have concerns about our ability to tap into the offense of a player who doesn't speak a lick of English.

So what are we ponying up to get him? He might have a low AAV cost but the trade cost is unknown. Vegas likely want him out of their division but if we sweeten the pot who knows? We'd still only be a 2 line team up against the cap if he is the real deal so maybe they show us some pity?

I'm definitely in for Gusev. The cost really isn't that great and salary isn't crippling either. It is a bit of a risk but the contract he's looking for is only two years. This is a perfect situation for the Oilers, even if he walks in two years time, it will be worth the risk and the price to get a great potential winger in here for a couple seasons.

I'm sure we could beat out any other deal and if @bobbythebrain thoughts could be correct we really aren't a threat to Vegas right now so positive thoughts.

Looking at Vegas' AHL lineup it looks like they could use a few RHD prospects. We could deal John Marino away if speculation is right that he's not going to sign with Edmonton. Logan Day is also not too bad and steps right in with the Wolves. Add in the second rnd pick and that should get it done.

Vegas gets their 2nd rounder and low end prospect with Day and rights to sign Marino which he definitely will be a big name come next year. Both defenders are RHD which Vegas looks to be lacking a bit at the moment.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Copper & Blue
@CopperandBlue

·
1h
Thinking more about it and the Oilers really can't afford to miss out on Gusev can they? That's an add they pretty much have to be in on, the upside there is could solve a massive need at a relatively low cost

He could be another Panarin or he could be a Shipachyov. He’s done nothing to prove he’s an NHL player and we can’t afford another miss. Pass.

Reactions: Cypress

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He could be another Panarin or he could be a Shipachyov. He’s done nothing to prove he’s an NHL player and we can’t afford another miss. Pass.
You're right, so let's just not take the shot and be guaranteed garbage instead. Keep in mind that it isn't just Panarin who has come over and hit it out of the park. Dadonov came over and has killed it too.

And Shipachyov ultimately didn't cost the Knights anything. He didn't make the team and went back to Russia.

I'd rather risk a 2nd rounder and a mid tier prospect on the potential of getting a legit 1st line talent than just go with what we have now. Because we know that isn't going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad