Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Rattie to EDM, Oesterle to CHI, Pitlick to DAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lalefgia ks a winger now... but still, Jones, Paigin as possible callups also

Worth noting that not only is LaLeggia a winger now, he is a pretty good winger now. Scored 20 goals for Bako last season and he's fast. Probably first call up if Caggiula or Maroon get hurt.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's the fact you are saying players only think of themselves and won't do anyone favors. But my bigger point is if he submits a list of 10 teams on it BEFORE the season starts, and Arizona is on it, why would he say 'no thanks'?

I never said that. What I am saying is that they have a lot to consider when these things are brought up. He could easily say "I'll only go to bottom tier teams to help you out" or he could say "I'll go to another contender only".

The point is, he's limiting the team's options to trade him in declining years. The NTC doesn't help the Oilers trade him.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Lalefgia ks a winger now... but still, Jones, Paigin as possible callups also

Jones won't be getting the call anytime soon. He needs to make the team first as he should, Bear will be challenging for a spot along with other young d.

Paigin has potential but still needs seasoning before he gets a call.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
That amount is fine for 2 years, not for 4 on the wrong side of thirty, especially when he's not the best puck mover and has almost no offensive upside.

You might be right for the last two years, but the way the salary is set up its still very doable.

I predict we can move him just fine when we need to, and hope we do that means Nurse and Benning step up not back

North

Jun 25, 2009
I know, that's what I've been arguing since the beginning. Paralyzer said that Mac T would've given Russell a full NMC, I said Chia has given him a full NMC.

And NMC is bad because:
1. The clause is in his contract forever, makes it less attractive to teams that are gonna trade for him
2. Cant bury him or buy him out without permission if we can't trade him

10-15 teams is a lot, that's a third-half the league

Why would the Oil try to move him to a team he's not willing to go to?

They have a list they know what the parameters are.

The sky is not falling except for people who have a crystal ball apparently.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
But Russell has a full NMC. Look at the capfriendly link, its there for all 4 years. Its a mac t move because Chia gave him a full NMC for all 4 years. NTC is completely different from it

You obviously aren't understanding what we are saying.

NMC is full, yes, but in year 3 and 4 he has to submit a 10-15 trade team list he's WILLING to move to. He can't refuse to be traded to a team that is on the trade list. That would make the Modified NTC stupid and pointless. So yes, it isn't a MacT deal.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I never said that. What I am saying is that they have a lot to consider when these things are brought up. He could easily say "I'll only go to bottom tier teams to help you out" or he could say "I'll go to another contender only".

The point is, he's limiting the team's options to trade him in declining years. The NTC doesn't help the Oilers trade him.

Yeah but those 10-15 teams could be contenders or a team that would want him. If he had a 5-10 team list, I'd agree with you but 10-15 is half the league. You can't tell me not one of those 10-15 teams would want a veteran dman like Russell to help their team or help them financially...

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
He hasn't? I'd say he negotiated well with Russell. Do you think Russell would have agreed to signing bonuses in year 1 and 4 and a modified NTC? He could have done the MacT way of things and put a FULL NMC on the whole thing and kept it at 4M for 4 years. Heck, let's give him 5 so we get him for 1 more year. Profit.

I'm talking about this portion, you're saying its the Mac T move to give him full NMC

Russell got that from Chia, what am I missing here?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
We couldn't hold on to one of Pitlick or Oesterle?

Why? :dunno:

That confuses me. They both are nhl players today not ahl.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah but those 10-15 teams could be contenders or a team that would want him. If he had a 5-10 team list, I'd agree with you but 10-15 is half the league. You can't tell me not one of those 10-15 teams would want a veteran dman like Russell to help their team or help them financially...

But they still have to want him. He's going to be declining in those years and his cap hit might steer them away.

He's still limiting the Oilers ability to trade him in the part of his contract where we would want to deal him.

I just don't understand why 4 years was necessary for him.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I'm talking about this portion, you're saying its the Mac T move to give him full NMC

Russell got that from Chia, what am I missing here?

You really don't get it? You fail to see the difference in the last two years of the Russell deal compared to the Ferrence deal?

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
whats analytics wizard Mark Fayne's chart look like?

dude was loved by the stats community

Very bad considering his WOWY away from Greene was horrid. Why you asking?

People need to understand what they're arguing against before they start pulling things out their butts, I know what I'm arguing against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad