Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Rattie to EDM, Oesterle to CHI, Pitlick to DAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Some depth d we lost recently in Reinhart, Oesterle, Davidson.

I'm thinking Simpson will be getting the call a few times this season. LaLeggia as well will make his debut.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, I'm sure Russell is the biggest dirtbag in the NHL and he won't do anyone favors? He was THANKFUL we signed him last year and he owes us for giving him a chance. He is very aware of it. And why would he say no thanks when he submits 10 teams and Arizona is on the list that he WILL go to? That makes no sense :laugh:

I'm not questioning Russell's character here. I don't know why you brought that up.

When players are given the option they will exercise it as they see fit. What works for the team doesn't always work for the player, and vice versa.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
But that's only if Russell agrees with it. If we want to send him to the Coyotes and he says no thanks, then that's that. He's blocked off 1/3 of the league in year 3 and half of it in year 4. We can still move him but it's not that flexible. Everyone dreams about sending him to a cap floor team but if he doesn't want that then we have to look elsewhere. It's not ideal for a guy who will no doubt decline over the course of his contract.

I don't see him dropping off so bad we need to send him to a Floor team. 4 mill is a reasonable contract for the service he provides

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I didnt repeat you what? You said giving him a full NMC would be a mac T thing to do. That's exactly what Chia did, a full NMC for his contract.

No, he didn't. Full NMC means he cannot be traded, waived, or sent down to the minors unless the player says so. He just has a Full NMC in year 1 and 2. Then in 3rd year and 4th year he submits a 10-15 team list he is WILLING to be traded to. That's NOTHING like MacT. :shakehead

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The other thing is - to me - is someone like Iginla a lock to be better than, say, Slepyshev?

The RW's on this team as it's currently constructed are Strome, Puljujarvi, Kassian, and Slepyshev. The LW's are Lucic, Maroon, Caggiula, and Khaira. I don't know if we're not better off giving our young guys a chance to shine.
Iginla was awful in both Colorado and LA last year. That tank may be empty now. Colorado was historically bad last year so I'm not convinced his veteran leadership made any positive impact. Kings didn't win much after they acquired him either. I'm not as keen on bringing him in here as others. The guy hasn't been a winner anywhere he's gone and that's the reason we'd want him isn't it? Not sure bringing him in here to be able to rub Flames fan's noses in it would be worth it. I'd rather give the kids a shot than go with him.

North

Jun 25, 2009
You are confusing NTC with NMC, guy.

The NTC he submits a list of 10 teams to not go to in year 3, then 15 teams in year 4.

He has a full NMC throughout his whole contract.

Click on my link first before coming at me.

I'm coming at you because you think it's a MacT move when there is flexibility to move him in years 3 and 4.

MacT would have given him a full 4 for each year and a full NMC for each year, see Ference, Andrew.

Chia at least made sure the final two years are less salary and there is an ability to move him to a team on his list.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I'm not questioning Russell's character here. I don't know why you brought that up.

When players are given the option they will exercise it as they see fit. What works for the team doesn't always work for the player, and vice versa.

It's the fact you are saying players only think of themselves and won't do anyone favors. But my bigger point is if he submits a list of 10 teams on it BEFORE the season starts, and Arizona is on it, why would he say 'no thanks'?

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
The NMC just prevents him from going to the AHL. He can't block a trade if it's to a team on his list.

I know, that's what I've been arguing since the beginning. Paralyzer said that Mac T would've given Russell a full NMC, I said Chia has given him a full NMC.

And NMC is bad because:
1. The clause is in his contract forever, makes it less attractive to teams that are gonna trade for him
2. Cant bury him or buy him out without permission if we can't trade him

10-15 teams is a lot, that's a third-half the league

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don't see him dropping off so bad we need to send him to a Floor team. 4 mill is a reasonable contract for the service he provides

That amount is fine for 2 years, not for 4 on the wrong side of thirty, especially when he's not the best puck mover and has almost no offensive upside.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
We should bring in Dwight King for peanuts.

King will have a bit more jump in his step with his home being Meadow Lake SK, he'll have a bit of fans in the stands each game.

He is suited for the 4th line here but can perform on the 3rd line here if necessary. There's some hockey i.q in him actually.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Some depth d we lost recently in Reinhart, Oesterle, Davidson.

I'm thinking Simpson will be getting the call a few times this season. LaLeggia as well will make his debut.

Joey LaLeggia was transitioned to be a winger last season and is no longer a defenseman. That move likely saved him in the Oilers organization as he looks like a very good winger at the AHL level.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I'm coming at you because you think it's a MacT move when there is flexibility to move him in years 3 and 4.

MacT would have given him a full 4 for each year and a full NMC for each year, see Ference, Andrew.

Chia at least made sure the final two years are less salary and there is an ability to move him to a team on his list.

But Russell has a full NMC. Look at the capfriendly link, its there for all 4 years. Its a mac t move because Chia gave him a full NMC for all 4 years. NTC is completely different from it

North

Jun 25, 2009
Very untrue.

Yeah, I'm going with the eye test on this one and the fact that he played second pairing on St. Louis so he didn't have to do the heavy lifting.

He's a one dimensional d man. He's good at that dimension but that's all he's really good at.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I know, that's what I've been arguing since the beginning. Paralyzer said that Mac T would've given Russell a full NMC, I said Chia has given him a full NMC.

And NMC is bad because:
1. The clause is in his contract forever, makes it less attractive to teams that are gonna trade for him

Umm 10-15 teams he's WILLING to be traded to. Not the other way around.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Yeah, I'm going with the eye test on this one and the fact that he played second pairing on St. Louis so he didn't have to do the heavy lifting.

He's a one dimensional d man. He's good at that dimension but that's all he's really good at.

How many games of St Louis did you watch?

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton

And NMC is bad because:

The point is there was a negotiated structure in year 3 and 4 to move him if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad