Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Chia Talk Ban | Oilers Sign KHL G Mikko Koskinen, What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Taking your life lessons from a comedian hahaha
I’m sorry but if you think his wife did something to deserve a punch, multiple kicks, a laceration on the eye, and getting nearly strangled to death, then you’re clueless and I hope you aren’t married. Maybe man up and learn to control your ****ing self.

This.

To even suggest that a brutal assault like that can be justified away is shocking. It demonstrates a severe lack of understanding of domestic violence.

People like Voynov should be held to example. He served his time. Having said that, I believe he's compromised his integrity sufficiently so that he shouldn't have the privilege of being paid to play in the world's best hockey league.

bertty

Jun 6, 2017
I wouldn't trade away Svechnikov but I would explore offers for the 3rd overall.
Is he the guy we need? Our right side is filled right now and will be better sesons to come. I think our draft targets are Boqvist and Bouchard if we draft in top six or seven.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
If the NHL was gonna fix the draft would McDavid be an Oiler or Matthews a Leaf?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying it's fixed and I'm assuming they're still getting the independent company to do it, all they've done is muck about with the system to try for the results they want. If it was fixed in the past McDavid would not be an Oiler and Matthews would for sure be in Arizona.

However.. maybe Bettman finally said enough is enough? ;)

I still smile a little inside when I remember the look on his face when we won the McLotto :)

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Just to be clear, I'm not saying it's fixed and I'm assuming they're still getting the independent company to do it, all they've done is muck about with the system to try for the results they want. If it was fixed in the past McDavid would not be an Oiler and Matthews would for sure be in Arizona.

However.. maybe Bettman finally said enough is enough? ;)

I still smile a little inside when I remember the look on his face when we won the McLotto :)

For nostalgic reasons, 6:47 is the start of the really good part.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
If the NHL was gonna fix the draft would McDavid be an Oiler or Matthews a Leaf?
The actual Lottery was done right in the CBC building in front of select media members, the last 3 have been this way. They may not do that this year, which means they’d go back to doing it in the NHL office’s days before the lottery, which is sketchy.

Gary and 2 other guys, if they wanted to fix the Lottery they could.

Last edited:

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
My final report after the last FEL final:

Kärpät won the championship (wins 4-2) with a 1-0 victory today.

Veini Vehviläinen: Another magnificent game. His father died during the playoffs, but he kept his head cool and was incredible during the playoffs. 21 years old, undrafted, but will get drafted this summer. The Oilers should pay special attention to him. Junior national team background, excellent technique, great attitude, cool head, and now the best goalkeeper of the FEL.
* save percentage in the playoffs 93,33%
* goals allowed per game 1,57
* 17 playoff games, 3 shutouts

Julius Junttila: Was selected the MVP of the playoffs. Scored 8+6=14 (+6) in 18 playoff games. He was the best scorer in the playoffs, though the players of the finalists naturally play more than the others. He was also selected the best player of the league before the playoffs, and as he's the fastest player of the FEL he could be an interesting player for the Oilers too.

Jani Hakanpää: Was injured (broken finger?) so he didn't play today. He was the best defender of the playoffs, and really looked like an NHL player. Imo the Oilers should do what they reasonably can to sign him. Not much to lose, but he could very well become a solid, physical defender that the fans would love. As I wrote he was like a brick wall in the FEL, and there are some very physical players that tried to shake him with no luck.

Reactions: PulYou and Aerrol

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Veini Vehviläinen: Another magnificent game. His father died during the playoffs, but he kept his head cool and was incredible during the playoffs. 21 years old, undrafted, but will get drafted this summer. The Oilers should pay special attention to him. Junior national team background, excellent technique, great attitude, cool head, and now the best goalkeeper of the FEL.

Julius Junttila: Was selected the MVP of the playoffs. Scored 8+6=14 (+6) in 18 playoff games. He was the best scorer in the playoffs, though the players of the finalists naturally play more than the others. He was also selected the best player of the league before the playoffs, and as he's the fastest player of the FEL he could be an interesting player for the Oilers too.

Jani Hakanpää: Was injured (broken finger?) so he didn't play today. He was the best defender of the playoffs, and really looked like an NHL player. Imo the Oilers should do what they reasonably can to sign him. Not much to lose, but he could very well become a solid, physical defender that the fans would love. As I wrote he was like a brick wall in the FEL, and there are some very physical players that tried to shake him with no luck.

I thought Hakanpaa was still owned by the blues for one more year?

With Veini Vehvilainen is we draft him keep him in Europe for another year if not 2

Why?
not sore the reason you might think

Goalies under contract
NHL
dadbot
Montoya
AHl
Laurent Brossoit
Nick Ellis
ECHL
Shane Starrett

Signed and possibly coming out of JR
Dylan Wells backing up Starrett in ECHL playoffs

We have Stuart Skinner running around who we drafted last year

we had a goalie named Miroslav Svoboda the preds signed this off season after we we were unable to sign him(he signed with preds today).

this is before we factor in the new Fin guy who we may or may not have signed--just waiting to announce

My guess is both Brossoit and Ellis are gone this off season

but with new guy coming in that pushes Montoya to the farm

Goalies for me is the one position where I believe the goalie needs to play and we drafting a goalie we will need to look at where he will play the most games

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I thought Hakanpaa was still owned by the blues for one more ye

I'm really sorry, I somehow didn't realize this. So you would need to negotiate with them. I don't know if they have plans with him, but it's been a while since I've been as excited about a defender playing in the FEL.

This would leave Vehviläinen, but like you said there's quite a few goalies if Koskinen comes, and Junttila. It'd be very interesting to see how Junttila would do, at least he would bring some speed if nothing else. He had a magnificient season so it's possible some NHL teams are after him.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
With the Flyers announcing they are letting Matt Read go(IE--not offering him another contract)--I know we talked about him last year in a trade last year--he could be an interesting fit on the third fourth line?

Just an idea

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm really sorry, I somehow didn't realize this. So you would need to negotiate with them. I don't know if they have plans with him, but it's been a while since I've been as excited about a defender playing in the FEL.

This would leave Vehviläinen, but like you said there's quite a few goalies if Koskinen comes, and Junttila. It'd be very interesting to see how Junttila would do, at least he would bring some speed if nothing else. He had a magnificient season so it's possible some NHL teams are after him.

I could be wrong--I know he came over for a few years and then went back home--could be wrong thought the blues had a default setting of also offering contracts to players who have gone home--I could be wrong

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I could be wrong--I know he came over for a few years and then went back home--could be wrong thought the blues had a default setting of also offering contracts to players who have gone home--I could be wrong

Actually yes, you (and I in my previous message) could be wrong. I checked Eliteprospects and saw he's got a contract until 18/19, but that's obviously the contract with his FEL team Kärpät.

I'm not sure about all the NHL details, but Hakanpää was drafted already in 2010, so could the Blues still have his rights?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

I'm still blown away nobody spent a late round pick on Vehvilainen the last couple years. His technique is fantastic and he's got very good reflexes as well. It always just seemed the problem was between his ears, when things started going off the rails he couldn't stop them. But that's something that a guy could easily grow out of, and it seems he has. I'd definitely like to see the Oil draft him in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad