Rumor: Rumours & Proposals - (Chia discussion will be met with a threadban)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I’m Really on the fence when it comes to a Hoffman for yams deal.

On one hand it would assure the team we’re in win now mode, and would hopefully be proceeded by other roster solidifying moves.

On the other hand, if we aren’t going to be going all in to win the cup in the next 2 years, we’re wasting Hoffman’s prime and giving up whatever potential yams has during his elc.

I wanna win now, and think Hoffman is the kind of shooter we’re missing, I just wish our prospect cupboard wasn’t so barren, giving up our only good forward prospect would hurt.

Reactions: CHIRAQREPDAT

North

Jun 25, 2009
I’m Really on the fence when it comes to a Hoffman for yams deal.

On one hand it would assure the team we’re in win now mode, and would hopefully be proceeded by other roster solidifying moves.

On the other hand, if we aren’t going to be going all in to win the cup in the next 2 years, we’re wasting Hoffman’s prime and giving up whatever potential yams has during his elc.

I wanna win now, and think Hoffman is the kind of shooter we’re missing, I just wish our prospect cupboard wasn’t so barren, giving up our only good forward prospect would hurt.

Maksimov and Safin are trending well so Yamamoto might not be our only good forward prospect but that's not for sure.

Would Ottawa take a d prospect or goaltending prospect? We have a few of those.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sorry Brian, I guess it needed more Reinhart.:scared:

I'll throw out a more basic trade for the simple minds like yours then.:razz: I know three ways and flipping assets can be confusing at the best of times.

Strome for Rieder

RFA for RFA

Strome Brothers Connection for Zee German Connect

My simple mind likes said proposal!

So tell me again why we need another LW? The only thing that makes sense is that they have no intention of re-signing Maroon.

I am skeptical that they re-sign him TBH.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Strome, Caggiula, 2018 2nd for Simmonds

RNH for Faulk. Flip Faulk + Klefbom + Bear + Benson + 2018 1st and 2019 2nd for Karlsson and Pageau.

Lucic McDavid Puljujarvi
Khaira Draisaitl Simmonds
Maroon Pageau Kassian
Walker Letestu Slepy

Sekera Karlsson
Nurse Larsson
Russell Benning

Talbot
Brossoit

1st unit PP would be insane. McDavid, Drai, Simmonds, Pulju, Karlsson. Pure fantasty lol.

Faulk's value has probably dropped a lot. He has 2 ES points this year and 7 in total despite still getting prime pp minutes. My guess is that the Sens would prefer Nuge especially if they were moving out Pageau.

Faulk has never been a really great ES point generator. Going back to the beginning of 2015-2016 he has 46 ES points in 171 games. That is .269 ES points per game.
Over that period Larson has 40 ES points in 182 games. As far as the other Oiler defensemen Sekera and Klefbom are both at .236 ES points per game. Nurse is at .211.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Faulk is and has always been very overrated... only decent offensively at evens... and terrible defensively. We already have our Faulk and his name is Klefbom (and I like Klefbom more).

I'd even take Hamonic over Faulk (and everyone knows how much I love Hamonic).

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'd give up a LOT for a Hoffman/Pageau duo. Both those players are actually very underrated in their 2-way play. They would both be excellent additions to the Oilers and would definitely move the needle forward.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'm curious if Ottawa might throw a curve ball, if they want to cut salary it might be Zach Smith or Mike Condon opposed to a more coveted name; both are underperforming relative to their salary this year, but aren't immovable boat anchors like Bobby Ryan or Phaneuf.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Maksimov and Safin are trending well so Yamamoto might not be our only good forward prospect but that's not for sure.

Would Ottawa take a d prospect or goaltending prospect? We have a few of those.

^this ! Hoffman is the type of guy we need and have been missing offensively since the awful Ebs trade was made. gotta try hard to sign this guy to an extension if we get him, then trading Yam will have been worth it ! i have said since last year that the Oilers need to sacrifice a few of their prospects for good established players and not continue to wait for the kids to develop because they should indeed be in a win now mode.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm curious if Ottawa might throw a curve ball, if they want to cut salary it might be Zach Smith or Mike Condon opposed to a more coveted name; both are underperforming relative to their salary this year, but aren't immovable boat anchors like Bobby Ryan or Phaneuf.

It's going to be Brassard.

Chia/TM like their forwards to have versatility, and Brassard can basically play all three forward positions.

Slepyshev + Caggiula + pick for Brassard.

Leaving:

Lucic - McD - JP
Maroon - Brassard - Drai
Cammalleri - RNH - Strome
Khaira - Letestu - Kassian

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
People, for some perspective...

Hoffmann
0.32 Goals Per Game
0.67 Points Per Game
5.188M AAV - 5.65M salary (2.5 seasons remaining)

Eberle
0.32 Goals Per Game
0.75 Points Per Game
6M AAV (2 seasons remaining when traded)

Eberle fetched Ryan Strome - essentially a downgrade and salary dump. So, let's stop throwing around Yamamoto in trade speculation for Hoffman. You're looking at something more like Caggiula/Slepyshev/Strome and a draft pick (2nd rounder max). I could see the Oilers being willing to include one of their defensive prospects not named Caleb Jones instead of the draft pick. If the Sens can do better in the trade market then good on them. Chiarelli helped establish the market for a pricy winger like Hoffman last summer when Eberle was dealt and there's no reason to step outside that range. Chiarelli cannot simply lose trade after trade any longer (no need to mention that the Maroon and Talbot deals were good; I'm speaking of other deals that have not been great value wise).

Reactions: McDrai

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hoffman would be a Stome + EDM 2nd + Jones type package, take it or leave it.

EDM 1st and stuff like Klefbom ... lets not get crazy.

Why are the Sens just giving away a 30 goal, 60 point player and no, him and Eberle don't have similar value so lets not go there. Faster, elite shot, better season leading up to the trade, playoff producer.

They will likely ask for high end cheap assets like Puljujarvi or Yamamoto++. Don't think I'd be interested in either deal, would rather spend the money elsewhere. I'm only trading those assets for a young puckmoving Dman with high upside.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It's going to be Brassard.

Chia/TM like their forwards to have versatility, and Brassard can basically play all three forward positions.

Slepyshev + Caggiula + pick for Brassard.

Leaving:

Lucic - McD - JP
Maroon - Brassard - Drai
Cammalleri - RNH - Strome
Khaira - Letestu - Kassian

I'm not sure Chia would want him to be 8.5M winger since he's 'supposed to be' the 2C....

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Why are the Sens just giving away a 30 goal, 60 point player and no, him and Eberle don't have similar value so lets not go there. Faster, elite shot, better season leading up to the trade, playoff producer.

They will likely ask for high end cheap assets like Puljujarvi or Yamamoto++. Don't think I'd be interested in either deal, would rather spend the money elsewhere. I'm only trading those assets for a young puckmoving Dman with high upside.
That's sort of your assumption, I agree he probably has more value then Eberle, but there have been plenty of noise related to Hoffman's lack of hockey sense and other things that hold him back from being a "core" player in Ottawa.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That's sort of your assumption, I agree he probably has more value then Eberle, but there have been plenty of noise related to Hoffman's lack of hockey sense and other things that hold him back from being a "core" player in Ottawa.

Of course it's an assumption, nobody really knows the true value of the players but he has two distinct advantages over Eberle, speed and an elite shot, not to mention that he produced in the playoffs. I think people are dreaming if they are expecting to get him for a bunch of nothing.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
So what's the deal with Hoffman in terms of his position? Does he play centre regularly? If so, I could see a deal there, because it would give McLellan the option of setting Leon on the wing, if needed. Not to mention Hoffman is a very good player--fast and skilled, he reminds me of Barzal with less creativity but with a better shot.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Of course it's an assumption, nobody really knows the true value of the players but he has two distinct advantages over Eberle, speed and an elite shot, not to mention that he produced in the playoffs. I think people are dreaming if they are expecting to get him for a bunch of nothing.
I'm not suggesting a bunch of nothing. But it Won't cost Puljujarvi, and if it cost Yamamoto, it won't be a ton more then that.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm not suggesting a bunch of nothing. But it Won't cost Puljujarvi, and if it cost Yamamoto, it won't be a ton more then that.

I'm just illustrating what I think the Sens ask would be, the ++ to Yamamoto would be spare parts. The poster I quoted proposed Strome+Jones+2nd, can't see that getting it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad