Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
How are we worse ? Who have we lost that we haven’t replaced that makes us a worse team ? Sekera who didn’t play much of the season due to injuries or maybe reider and JP because they created a lot of offence. If anything I’d say we’re pretty much the same maybe a slight better but not enough to make much of a difference.

Sekera. I get he only played part of the year, but he was one of our best D for moving the puck.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Oilers are going to set history next year by being the most incompetent team 5 years into a generational player's career.

Even the Penguins with Mario Lemieux had started to figure it out by now and added top end help like Paul Coffey.

This has never been done before what the Oilers are doing.
Slow down bud, it’s mid July.

Reactions: PistolPete

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
So Dzingel, Brassard, Maroon, Vanek, Williams, and Thornton are the top remaining available forwards.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
If Ken can get Dzingel on an aav 3.5-4 I’d call it a successful off season

That would be a bet backup goalie, top 6 forward , 3rd line winger and some nhl depth players that the rookies have to beat out to earn their spots ..... now if Russel or Lucic gets moved then it’s a great offseason

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Slow down bud, it’s mid July.

rOsTeRs DoN'T ChAnGe iN MiD jUly!!

*Holland says he's working on acquiring a 2line forward, says he has two months to work it; current Oilers Chiasson and Russell were signed in October in recent years*

Reactions: nabob

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I mean if the Nucks then sign Boeser to a $5M deal (probably 1 yr), the Oilers might be able to get Goldobin for free. OS of 1yr $1.35M and there's no compensation at that level.

Reactions: nabob

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I got the Pacific as

1.) Calgary or San Jose
2.) San Jose or Calgary
3.) Las Vegas
4.) Vancouver
5.) Edmonton
6.) Arizona
7.) Anaheim
8.) LA

I'm being nice by putting Edmonton at 5 over Arizona, they could be lower than that.

1- Las Vegas
2- Arizona (yup and don’t @ me lol)
3- San Jose
4- Calgary
5- Edmonton
6- Vancouver
7- Anaheim
8- LA

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
There are some useful FAs still out there. Holland has mentioned addressing other needs through trade.

He's not doing anything unusual from what he said was going to happen. The people who expected him to come and make a quick fix are going to be disappointed.

I’m skeptical he’ll pull off any kind of meaningful trade, but we’ll see.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I mean if the Nucks then sign Boeser to a $5M deal (probably 1 yr), the Oilers might be able to get Goldobin for free. OS of 1yr $1.35M and there's no compensation at that level.

I think they move Sutter or Tanev to make room for Ferland. Boeser goes 8m x 5.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Sekera. I get he only played part of the year, but he was one of our best D for moving the puck.
I would agree if it was Sekera pre injuries but How I see him now is one of our upcoming dmen like Jones will likely be able to replace what he had to offer. Plus hey now we have smith who will Likely be our best puck moving dman next year lol

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
1- Las Vegas
2- Arizona (yup and don’t @ me lol)
3- San Jose
4- Calgary
5- Edmonton
6- Vancouver
7- Anaheim
8- LA

I see Vancouver and Anaheim finishing above us. I think we will be around 6th or 7th in the division barring miraculous goaltending and/or a few of our 4th liners putting up career years offensively.

Reactions: MisterD

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Next summer Oilers will have about $27 million in cap. Assuming an $83 million cap and current signed players return. That will be 10 players signed to the roster and will need to fit in:

• Goalie
  • 4 defensemen (Nurse the most notable free agent here)
  • 8 forwards

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
rOsTeRs DoN'T ChAnGe iN MiD jUly!!

*Holland says he's working on acquiring a 2line forward, says he has two months to work it; current Oilers Chiasson and Russell were signed in October in recent years*
"The investigation is ongoing."
"The cheque is in the mail."

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I would agree if it was Sekera pre injuries but How I see him now is one of our upcoming dmen like Jones will likely be able to replace what he had to offer. Plus hey now we have smith who will Likely be our best puck moving dman next year lol

As sad is it was, he still looked like our best puck moving D when he returned.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I see Vancouver and Anaheim finishing above us. I think we will be around 6th or 7th in the division barring miraculous goaltending and/or a few of our 4th liners putting up career years offensively.

I’m thinking 5th or 6th.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
"The investigation is ongoing."
"The cheque is in the mail."

If you want to complain when something doesn't happen, that's fine. But when the guy tells you himself; and all of the media spend the next two weeks telling you they're trying, maybe wait until nothing actually happens before you start crying about it.

Just makes you look stupid.

Reactions: Critical I

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I can as well but I am the eternal optimist. I think it will be 5- 8 points separating 3rd from 6th/7th. It will be tight.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If you want to complain when something doesn't happen, that's fine. But when the guy tells you himself; and all of the media spend the next two weeks telling you they're trying, maybe wait until nothing actually happens before you start crying about it.

Just makes you look stupid.

This organization is the one that looks dumb, not the people who are critical.

The Oilers ask their fanbase to drink their kool-aid PR every summer and have a new "philosophy" to sell each year, this is nothing new.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
If Ken can get Dzingel on an aav 3.5-4 I’d call it a successful off season

That would be a bet backup goalie, top 6 forward , 3rd line winger and some nhl depth players that the rookies have to beat out to earn their spots ..... now if Russel or Lucic gets moved then it’s a great offseason

He's saving up for a big fish next summer.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
99% of the impact making moves are done by mid-July every year, where's this nonsense about "oh tons of stuff happens in uh .... August" coming from.

It's not a typical year, first of. We've already heard that agents think it's going to be a record setting year for PTOs.

When the man himself tells you he wants to accomplish something and will try over the next two months, there's really only one logical stance: Wait it out. I'll be with you if they completely whiff.

Reactions: Critical I

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Next summer Oilers will have about $27 million in cap. Assuming an $83 million cap and current signed players return. That will be 10 players signed to the roster and will need to fit in:

• Goalie
  • 4 defensemen (Nurse the most notable free agent here)
  • 8 forwards
Not to mention RNH and Larsson will be needing new deals after next season as well if they want to stay. All three can have a $17 million total cap hit RNH($7 mill) Nurse($5)Larsson($5) Nurse might even cost more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad