Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
If we're getting two forwards, I'd prefer Stone and Hayes to Stone and Duchene, but I don't think two forwards is best for the team. Too big of a change in my view.

Also wouldn't mind a bottom pair D.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
If we're getting two forwards, I'd prefer Stone and Hayes to Stone and Duchene, but I don't think two forwards is best for the team. Too big of a change in my view.

Also wouldn't mind a bottom pair D.
WTF? You prefer Hayes over Duchene?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They could always be pulled at the last minute if a trade is consummated.

That's not the point. No trade has been consummated, Stone gets a serious injury. No trade ever happens. Ottawa is ****ed.

Playing those UFA's at this point is dumb.

Different for CBJ. They are in it.

Reactions: HannuJ

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
That's not the point. No trade has been consummated, Stone gets a serious injury. No trade ever happens. Ottawa is ****ed.

You're not understanding. My point is Stone can be pulled at the last minute, like right before tonight's game starts. Sheesh.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
That's not were I heard any of my news.I agree there I dont believe I here from there. Lol

Do you feel they know what they’re talking about or would know these things? Or are they reading things on Twitter and falling for some random guy saying something and then passing it on

Some people hearing Stone will likely remain a Senator

And then There’s also a guy on Twitter with a sperm avatar claiming jets got duchene and stone for Laine :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Because it is written in stone somewhere that contenders must try something, anything at the TD.
7y2hPq4.png

None

Feb 22, 2012

Melnyk's probably worried about fan response even though it seems like the writing's on the wall at this point, and Dorion is inexperienced as the guy who has to make those decisions.

Not trying to make excuses because I definitely agree that it's not smart, but I wonder if they've been trying to negotiate a trade with the idea that the players can still be signed and taken off the market as leverage. I don't think it's smart negotiating when patience will win out for the other side.

And as a sidenote: 40+ pages in 3 days, might be the fastest moving thread on the Jets forum that isn't a GDT :laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Why would you trade Connor at all?

Just trade Trouba for a dman....

Trouba for Montour or Manson

If I was Chevy and knew that Trouba was leaving ( for sure) - I'd extend Myers for 4-5 years. and after the season trade Trouba for a high first round pick and a second rounder. at the entry draft. I'm sure there will be a couple great talents.

OR

Trade him one on one for a Dman like Ekblad -- just don't wait to long to do this.

I don't believe the Jet's can afford to lose Trouba and Myers --"big trouble."

Reactions: HPsauce

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think that's a difficult argument to make. I can't say Im a big Duchene fan either.

Hayes is having the best year of his career and would probably be cheaper than Duchene. Hayes has better possession numbers than Duchene.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

If I was Chevy and knew that Trouba was leaving ( for sure) - I'd extend Myers for 4-5 years. and after the season trade Trouba for a high first round pick and a second rounder. at the entry draft. I'm sure there will be a couple great talents.

OR

Trade him one on one for a Dman like Ekblad -- just don't wait to long to do this.

I don't believe the Jet's can afford to lose Trouba and Myers --"big trouble."

Unless the money was very team friendly, 4-5 years for Myers could bite us in a bad way. His injury issues would have to be completely behind him for one.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You're not understanding. My point is Stone can be pulled at the last minute, like right before tonight's game starts. Sheesh.

Yes - but you said something like 'if there is a trade'. They need to sit him whether there is a trade or not.

Reactions: HannuJ

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Melnyk's probably worried about fan response even though it seems like the writing's on the wall at this point, and Dorion is inexperienced as the guy who has to make those decisions.

Not trying to make excuses because I definitely agree that it's not smart, but I wonder if they've been trying to negotiate a trade with the idea that the players can still be signed and taken off the market as leverage. I don't think it's smart negotiating when patience will win out for the other side.

And as a sidenote: 40+ pages in 3 days, might be the fastest moving thread on the Jets forum that isn't a GDT :laugh:

Wait till something happens or better yet doesn't happen

Reactions: None

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Everything that we all hear is definitely speculation until a trade is made.I heard from a source that's close to the Sens Brass that a deal is being worked on involving Stone.Now whether it happens or it doesn't they are definitely talking.Ive also heard and not on 1290 or any trade rumor sites that Jets are seeking more than just Stone.

Reactions: roccerfeller

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
Since all this "Stone/Duchene to Winnipeg" rumors started to build I have been wondering how guys like Wheeler, Schiefle etc would feel if either guy signed long term for way more than they are making? Maybe the only way to keep the peace in the room is if they are rentals only? Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad