Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Thanks for the update on Stone but after hearing other chatter I think we might see Stone on the ice in a Jets jersey very soon.Also hearing others besides Stone.

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not often a team is trading their 3 best players. Not sure if Dorion has something more important to do than figure out what he wants back for them.

But it isn't just Dorion.

Isn't their 3 best players either. Not quite. :laugh: Definitely an unusual situation though. Does that imply that both Stone and Duchene might be what is going on?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Thanks for the update on Stone but after hearing other chatter I think we might see Stone on the ice in a Jets jersey very soon.Also hearing others besides Stone.

I didn't say anything about him not ending up in a Jets jersey. ;) I'm leaning towards something big happening like this myself, but I guess we'll see soon.

Reactions: ps241

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
According to the Sens forum, Duchene recently purchased a townhouse in Nashville.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Why would you trade Connor at all?

Just trade Trouba for a dman...

Trouba for Montour or Manson

I’d rather not move him if we don’t have too but we may have to make a move at some point. “May”.

What’s the motivating factor for another team to make a move like that? It’s very rare to move defensemen of this caliber in a 1 for 1 and even if we can we likely won’t get the best value as opposed to futures.

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
I hope we get both Stone and Duchene and make the big push for the cup now. I hate trading futures away but at some point the future needs to become the present. If we miss our window we might not get this close again to the ultimate goal of winning Lord Stanley's mug. I was telling my son during last years playoff run to enjoy every second of the Jets being 1 of the final 4 teams because there is no guarantee that we get this close again for years. This years team is very good but not Cup good unless pcs are added (imo)
Go Jets!

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Dzk1HjzVsAMJSN-.png

Do you happen to have a similar chart comparing Duchene and Hayes?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I hope we get both Stone and Duchene and make the big push for the cup now. I hate trading futures away but at some point the future needs to become the present. If we miss our window we might not get this close again to the ultimate goal of winning Lord Stanley's mug. I was telling my son during last years playoff run to enjoy every second of the Jets being 1 of the final 4 teams because there is no guarantee that we get this close again for years. This years team is very good but not Cup good unless pcs are added (imo)
Go Jets!
Welcome aboard. It could get very interesting around here very soon. I hope :nod:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I heard Dzingel was basically the backup plan. If Ott wants too much for Stone/Duchene, or they get traded to someone else then Chevy could refocus on Dzingel

That makes no sense. Dzingel alone does nothing for us - nothing at all.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Under no circumstances do I think Chabot is in play by the Sens to us or anyone else, he fits the coming years guidelines of what they what to do, a young very good to great d man who they will have control of.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If I recall he had an awful lot of detractors even when he was scoring, including myself. I agree though, he might be the next Brett Hull etc. but I hate they we are seemingly forced to play a "project" on our second line in a year when we could otherwise be a contender. Just to stay on topic, I would be completely on board if the right deal came up for Laine.

We aren't forced to play a project on our second line. He can be moved down the depth chart.

The right deal under current circumstances is about as likely as being hit by an asteroid. More or less.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Plenty of good forwards on the trade market. Obviously, Stone is the best available but if the price is too high then Chevy should move on to other options. That's almost certainly what he's already doing. The Jets have been scouting the Rangers, and apparently had a couple of hockey guys at the Panthers game last night, probably scouting Brassard among others.

Because it is written in stone somewhere that contenders must try something, anything at the TD.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad