Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If the Jets ever trade Trouba I doubt the other team would be sending a "clone" back

Trouba has no choice but to sign here or accept a 1 yr arb award. Although he could hold out and go play in Europe with his buddy Mark Stuart

It will be interesting to see how far Chevy takes it. If a deal is not consummated on the court house steps do we move on?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It will be interesting to see how far Chevy takes it. If a deal is not consummated on the court house steps do we move on?

If an arb salary is actually awarded then I'm sure Chevy will "entertain" offers but he still won't give him away

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If an arb salary is actually awarded then I'm sure Chevy will "entertain" offers but he still won't give him away

My 100% speculative guess is that if it goes to arb next summer Jacob is done with us and we need to figure out his exit strategy. My full expectations is that Chevy does alright in the trade if and when it happens, anything else would be totally unacceptable for me at least. That being said I am getting ahead of myself.

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
Trouba re-signs for 5 or 6 years this summer.
5 x 7.25m
6 x 7.75m

I personally don't believe those numbers ($) work for TNSE. That essentially handcuffs the organization. IMO, Jacob Trouba would become a less desirable asset with that inflated contract (short of taking on dead Cap weight), whilst the Organization still needing to deal with the inevitable rising Winnipeg Jets' Salary Cap situation (Wheeler, Laine, Hellebuyck, Morrissey & Poolman). I've stated before, and will so again; I think Jacob's ceiling in Winnipeg is $7 Million on a long-term contract. Time will tell.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Vegas lost both goalies already, Subban out 4weeks, Fleury concussed,

Mason and Dano to Vegas for Theodore?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Vegas lost both goalies already, Subban out 4weeks, Fleury concussed,

Mason and Dano to Vegas for Theodore?

They don't have enough cap space to do that deal. They can't even take just Mason

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
And if they had: Who is going to play goal with Helle for us? Comrie? Hutchinson?
IMO we need Mason and need to be patient as he rounds into his game. Not having anyone to support Helly was one of the things that killed us last season. We are fortunate that Helly looks to have taken the next step towards becoming a good quality starter, but there will be bumps along the road and we will need someone to step in and win games.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the biggest need right now is a legit 2way 3 C.

Does anyone have any ideas of who might be out there on the market that could fill this role effectively. I'm not talking a legit top 6 centre like Duchene but more along the lines of a Bonnio type.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think the biggest need right now is a legit 2way 3 C.

Does anyone have any ideas of who might be out there on the market that could fill this role effectively. I'm not talking a legit top 6 centre like Duchene but more along the lines of a Bonnio type.

As long as Maurice is here this slot will be filled by Lowry.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
As long as Maurice is here this slot will be filled by Lowry.
That's about all there is to it. Maurice is not going to change his thought process until he absolutely has to. Something that could do the trick is Roslovic shining in the NHL.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Maybe as long as Lowry is here..... or until Roslovic becomes a fixture on the Jets.

I believe Lowry is here for the long haul and I am more than fine with that because I think he is a valuable asset. His usage is a byproduct of Paul's top 6 bottom six philosophy and how Paul sees his 3rd line contributing at least at this point. My post was not meant to bash Lowry, I was making the point that while Maurice is here Adam is not going anywhere (thus we don't need a 3rd line center) and I doubt Roslovic replaces him. Jack looks to be tracking really well and he will find his way onto the parent club at some point I am not convinced he will bump Adam from his current spot.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I believe Lowry is here for the long haul and I am more than fine with that because I think he is a valuable asset. His usage is a byproduct of Paul's top 6 bottom six philosophy and how Paul sees his 3rd line contributing at least at this point. My post was not meant to bash Lowry, I was making the point that while Maurice is here Adam is not going anywhere (thus we don't need a 3rd line center) and I doubt Roslovic replaces him. Jack looks to be tracking really well and he will find his way onto the parent club at some point I am not convinced he will bump Adam from his current spot.

I was not disagreeing with you. I doubt they are about to make a trade for another C unless there's a serious injury. There is still a path to the show for Roslovic

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Two options there: are they calling Jarry up, or is there a trade in the making?

They really need a reliable backup

If Niemi clears waivers would the Jets be willing to trade Hutch for Niemi with an appropriate sweetener?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad