Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Back on the Subban(d) wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Don't look at me as an insider, but my friend was told about the Talbot contract and the Maroon trade before it happened.

They tell me the Oilers offered Nuge Not drai as a counter. 4th. Korps, and Fayne. That's on the Oilers end.

I'd do either. I think we would be taking back a little more salary if Nuge is involved though. Drai if they retain some?

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
I don't see this presser being any good news for Oilers fans.

Most likely he's just going up there to squash these rumours. Who calls a presser before a trade is even completed?

I think so as well.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Wouldn't surprise me. Benning is an idiot, flat out.

Other than MacT, I'm not sure that there is any GM in recent memory that would be dumb enough to spout off about negotiations on another teams player while those negotiations are ongoing.

Just baffling that a person in his position could be that stupid. Love that he's with the Nucks.

"I'm here to announce that the Montreal Canadiens organization will never trade with Mr. Benning again and will take steps to ensure that other managers around the league are not allowed to deal with Mr. Benning in future negotiations."

*drops mic*

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Yeah, kind of strange that we haven't heard any clue as to what this press conference is about.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
"I'm here to announce that the Montreal Canadiens organization will never trade with Mr. Benning again and will take steps to ensure that other managers around the league are not allowed to deal with Mr. Benning in future negotiations."

*drops mic*

Pff... then how could other GMs fleece him? He's like the guy in your hockey pool that takes all oilers.. you like having him around because it helps you

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

*drops mic*

That'd be unfortunate for the rest of the league....

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Yeah, kind of strange that we haven't heard any clue as to what this press conference is about.

I imagine it will be like Chiarelli's from earlier today. Just sort of give people an idea of where his head is at.

I really think we'll hear that he's not moving Subban anywhere though.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I would be shocked that a deal is made before the draft floor. I would be more then happy if it was though :)

I would be all in for Subban, give them what they ask for.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Don't look at me as an insider, but my friend was told about the Talbot contract and the Maroon trade before it happened.

They tell me the Oilers offered Nuge Not drai as a counter. 4th. Korps, and Fayne. That's on the Oilers end.

could just be typical trade negotiations though too. We would rather nuge then drai to test the waters. Could end either way

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

beauty

i see Chia wanting Drais as a core piece.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I wonder if I can thread ban a mod? I've never tried :naughty:

yes you can

mod can allow himself back in

we had a mod thing in 2003/2004 something like and old Mod Rabi not only got a thread ban--but he got sent to the sin bin--to be fair he was drinking with me at the Maple leaf right before he went on line to post--so he was a bit worse for wear

for those who remember OG Mod Rabi--I saw him about a month ago and he has lost about 100 pounds

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I imagine it will be like Chiarelli's from earlier today. Just sort of give people an idea of where his head is at.

I really think we'll hear that he's not moving Subban anywhere though.

I'd be very surprised if he didn't say this regardless of what's going on.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

I would go wild if we got Subban and cleared all of that cap with Draisaitl sticking around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad