Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Back on the Subban(d) wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I heard the presser is to talk about Benning talking about Subban Publicly.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban Subban

THAT"S ALL I CAN THINK OF :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Cloned said:
Half expecting "Subban traded to Calgary for Wideman, Bennett and 6th overall."

Calgary will swoop in and trade 3 picks for him since they're apparently magic at cheating us in deals.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I have to wonder if Chiarelli is really trying to pry Montreal's 9th overall pick out of them if a Subban deal simply can't happen without giving up the 4th overall AND Draisaitl.

It would really suck to go through an entire year of enduring a 29th place finish and not even have a 1st round pick to look forward to tomorrow. Sure Subban would be great next year yadda yadda, but it'd still make tomorrow suck watching Tkachuk putting on either a Canucks or Flames jersey.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I think because the GMs are still in their meetings.

Shhh..
Stop-it-fool-BA-Baracus.jpg

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I don't see this presser being any good news for Oilers fans.

Most likely he's just going up there to squash these rumours. Who calls a presser before a trade is even completed?

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I'm freaking out!!!

Wait I'm a Kings fan...

I'm still freaking out!!!

Come on Oilers!!!!

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Don't look at me as an insider, but my friend was told about the Talbot contract and the Maroon trade before it happened.

They tell me the Oilers offered Nuge Not drai as a counter. 4th. Korps, and Fayne. That's on the Oilers end.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Wouldn't surprise me. Benning is an idiot, flat out.

Other than MacT, I'm not sure that there is any GM in recent memory that would be dumb enough to spout off about negotiations on another teams player while those negotiations are ongoing.

Just baffling that a person in his position could be that stupid. Love that he's with the Nucks.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

t is all the Twit
a is for Ages
m is Moron
p is Practically inviting
E is for Ego#
R is for really stupid
I is for Idiot
N is nincompoop
G- is for goof

if he was DUMB enough to say he wanted Subban

the word Tampering comes to mind

you just do not mention players by name

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Don't look at me as an insider, but my friend was told about the Talbot contract and the Maroon trade before it happened.

They tell me the Oilers offered Nuge Not drai as a counter. 4th. Korps, and Fayne. That's on the Oilers end.

Man...

Bergervin please fold.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Scary thing is that that trade is entirely plausible. :laugh:

:laugh:

Calgary's looking down the barrell of two huge extensions for Johnny (looks like he's) Five and Monahan. They don't have a starter.

Even if you conservatively price JG at 7.5 and Monahan at 6, they really don't have the space to add PK.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

I'd much rather part with RNH than Drai. But who knows if all of this chatter has any substance to it or not anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad