Rumor: Rumour and Proposal Thread: Who retires?

Who retires?

• Mike Smith

Votes: 140 51.1%
  • Duncan Keith

Votes: 37 13.5%
  • No one

Votes: 109 39.8%
  • Cloned

Votes: 35 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
After all hopeless atwmpts for rsugning Kane, cant Oilers actually tempting Jagr to come baxk for one year? It needs to happen. Everybody wins at that. Jagr plays middle 6 and PP time. Plating with Draisaitl just being a offensive prescence? At a 1m$ tag ( for his pride)
Holland is probably the only GM in the league that would try to sign a 50 year old...

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
So how to make a cup contender out of what we have and what we really can get and what meat and potatoes Holland can do.
Opps sorry ....takes the fantasies away.

He’s bad karma. Hockey gods not letting his greedy ass win another one.
I will never get over the hate for him. Oil killer. Can close my eyes and see Getzlaf giving him the puck.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
LET THE OFFSEASON BEGIN:
Sources confirmed to me that Taylor Hall's house in Edmonton is fully built and furnished. Taylor Hall will request a trade from the Boston Bruins to the Edmonton Oilers for Zack Kassian per Garfield.

giphy.gif

Reactions: MessierII

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
If we can get Kane and Hellebuyk would be a perfect off season.
trade Smith in the deal for cap space whether he plays or goes on LTIR.
could we make things work with
out
pulj & Kassian for Kane who are we trading him from? he's a FA
1st, Smith, Samarukov plus for Hellebuyk about 1/2 of what they'd ask
Barrie traded for assets not likely
Foegle traded for assets unlikely
sign
Yam yup
McLoud yup
Kulak yup
12.2 mil out doubt it
13.2 mil in in our wet dreams
klefbom on IR should be enough to sign players stated and fill out team

My thoughts are bolded next to each

The only place this might happen would be NHL21 and in Be A GM mode.

Hear me out. I have time for Corey Perry.

Let’s bring him a cup.

I'd be fine with him on our 3rd line on vet minimum

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Holland will buy an aging veteran and not overpay for someone like Helly... You should know his routine by now.
And your right we dont need another skinner we need two high quality goalie prospects on the farm--one almost ready.

Didn't realise Markstrom and Kuemper were in their 40s. Or maybe his routine is that he actually can identify good goalies but won't pay the price to get them.

Hoping he pays the price this year!

Hear me out. I have time for Corey Perry.

Let’s bring him a cup.

Would be a great add. It's going to take more than the minimum to get him this offseason. He's shown great value over the past 18 months.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
You overrate Devon Toews.

All of this is entirely speculative. Teams that make the Finals make the Finals because they're playing well at the right time. They don't possess a specific winning formula or possess specific players. This discussion happens every offseason.

Build a team with good players. If you shore up enough of the weak spots on your roster, the better chance you give your team to beat anyone in a best of 7 series.

I can't remember when they threw the stat out in the playoffs, but there was a point where our fourth line was getting outscored at 1-8 rate. That's a sign that there aren't enough healthy competitive players on the roster. That's not a lack of elite D or a lack of an all-world goalie. That's just shit depth and other teams completely exposing it.
He was tied for 8th in Norris voting so if he's overrating him many other individuals were as well.

I personally like Slavin more than him and Heiskanen and Carlson at their very best have impressed me more, but he seems like he is ranked where he should be.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
If Hellybuck is available and the cost is a low 1st this year and another (should be low) pick next year, plus some cap going their way you do that no question.

The whole "you can win it all with wishy washy goaltending" thing is overblown.

The only teams to demonstrate this are Chicago and maybe Colorado, and both have Norris caliber studs in their 20s on their contender teams.

Unless the Oilers are finding a Makar or a 24 year old Keith, they can't do the "we don’t need a good goalie" thing.

The Oilers need more difference makers period in a playoff round period, guys who can be the difference between wins or losses at this point i don't even care about the position.

Hellybuck on the Oilers would probably net them an extra win per round if not two extra wins maybe even more.

The Colorado series is 2-2 after 4 games of Hellybuck is the Oilers goalie. Connor and Leon will be happy with that run support, I don’t think they care if its a goalie helping them get an extra win or two per round or a D or dominant 3rd line.
The general expectation for a starting goaltender is a 0.915 sv%, star goalies in the 0.920 sv%, and 0.930 sv% is the elite goalies. For the Blues SC win Binnington had a 0.914 sv% and in the Kings last SC win Quick had a 0.911 sv% and now Kuemper had a 0.902 sv%.

Strong goaltending helps out a ton, but I think improving on Keith is likely to pay better dividends.

Contrast Hellebyuck to Campbell (a common UFA target on these boards) in the playoffs Hellebyuck career playoff sv% is 0.921 and Campbell's is 0.915 a 0.006 difference, given the average shot volumes that means you'd roughly see Hellebyuck save one more goal for every 5 games played if they fell in line with their career numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad