Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
hopefully Lou is smart enough to stay away from Duchene, obviously a cancer in the locker room

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Except Garth Snow, he would just kick the tires and in the end he kicked the tires and traded for the least productive guy on the market, he would be looking for the 2019 model of Wagner at the deadline
True. And whoever came back from an injury would be considered the “deadline acquisition.”

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
He had 3 more years left at 8.25 million. I don’t think it’s worth trading for

Is he in a big decline right now or has no solid linemates, wouldn't he be great with Eberle and Lee? And eventually for future young guys like Bellows, MDC and Wahlstrom, I would think Hickey would find his way in such a trade to ease some salary. Beau, Aho, HIckey and a 2nd. I feel Beau is going to be a bust

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
True. And whoever came back from an injury would be considered the “deadline acquisition.”

ah yes way too often that was the deadline spark, we get XXXX back in 9 days... and that is as good as a trade...

Stone or Skinner would be ideal to getting to Tampa in the Eastern Finals
Duchene, Getzlaf, Nyquist, Dzingel, Toffoli, Zuccarello, would help get us a first round win

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
He absolutely is!
And he has 2 more seasons after this one.

2y /16 aav for Getzlaf or 5/5.5 for Nelson?

I'd take them both, it would be like having Getzlaf and Kesler lol... Nelson is improving 5 games for every game he played, one of the fastest transformations I have seen in this game

And Getzlaf would expire when it is time to sign the younger guys... resigning Nelson, Lehner, Lee and Eberle while unloading Hickey is probably doable

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yeah but every GM says this. This is a typical, canned answer.
I liked what I heard, careful to not disrupt chemistry, perfectly happy with the roster he has currently, coaches have done a great job, basically no sign of desperation or need to make a move. If Lou was a poker player, he would give Daniel Negrano a run for his money. To me, I would not be surprised in a surgical deal before the TDL. Nothing major, just an add to give the Isles a little more punch.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I liked what I heard, careful to not disrupt chemistry, perfectly happy with the roster he has currently, coaches have done a great job, basically no sign of desperation or need to make a move. If Lou was a poker player, he would give Daniel Negrano a run for his money. To me, I would not be surprised in a surgical deal before the TDL. Nothing major, just an add to give the Isles a little more punch.
Gotcha. To be fair I didn’t listen to the entire interview, just read that one quote.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
deals for Duchene -

2019 #1, Kiefer Bellows, Mitchell Vande Sompel
** conditional 2nd in 2020 if Duchene resigns (it bumps up to a 1st if Isles resign and win cup this season)

or

Brock Nelson (immediately flipped), 2019 #1, Bellows
** conditional 2nd in 2020 if Duchene resigns (it bumps up to a 1st if Isles resign and win cup this season)

Am I missing something? These two options look identical except one has Vande Sompel and the other Brock Nelson. I would hope that we don't consider moving Nelson for anything with less value than a late first or early second. The Nelson option then would be potentially equal to 3 firsts plus Bellows if we sign Duchene or 2 firsts, a second, and bellows as a rental only. I would love to have Duchene if Panarin or Stone are not an option, but that would be huge overpayment, and a pass for me if that is the price. Too much of a cost to upgrade Nelson to Duchene. We would still need another top 6 likely. The other option with a 1st, Bellows, Vande Sompel and a conditional 2nd which could be a first makes, is something I might consider. We have a lot of depth at D still coming in Aho, Dobson and Wilde with guys already signed.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Please, tell us more...
I just go by what I see, a player who requests a trade is always a bad player to have around if you ask me, and then he gets traded and that team who traded him does better without him and his new team does worse? we really want a guy like that around this team who seems to be doing good?

Reactions: bigtim1988

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
Lets just go get Duchene and then also go get Kovalchuk who I think won't co$t us a lot and call it a day ! How would that look > I can dream can't I ?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
There’s a small window in this league to win. NYI finds themselves in a unique position, sitting 3rd in the league w potential to do some damage in the east.

Who says the cards will fall the same way next season? Winning is not linear, nor is development; they very well may be a WC contender next year, but not divisional crown.

Ebbs and flows, every year is different. Maybe Lehner doesn’t build on his renaissance season, maybe Greiss regresses, maybe they don’t execute the system as efficiently, maybe they have another lackluster free agent outing. I’m not saying any if the aforementioned will occur.

What I am saying is Lou should *reasonably* Carpe Diem by augmenting this team now for a run up the east. Disclaimer, I’m not advocating to ship off Dobson et al for a rental. This team deserves a reward for (to this point) a stellar year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad