Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
My last post got lost just before the migration to this new thread, but essentially it was about DReger's report about Bailey being moved.

I was going to write something yesterday about Lou surprising us with moving some with term and established - someone like Bailey. Do these players fit better than Bailey?
Alex Galchenyuk for Josh Bailey?
Jason Zucker for Josh Bailey?
Jaden Schwartz for Josh Bailey?

Last edited:
Reactions: CBG

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
My last post got lost just before the migration to this new thread, but essentially it was about DReger's report about Bailey being moved.

I was going to write something yesterday about Lou surprising us with moving some with term and established - someone like Bailey. Do these players fit better than Bailey?
It was an old tweet from Dreger pinned by a blogger. I didn’t realize it right away.

Reactions: SI

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
It was an old tweet from Dreger pinned by a blogger. I didn’t realize it right away.

That being said, if Darren Dreger, who never gets anything right, kills a Josh Bailey trade by reporting it before Lou completes it, I'll kill him.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

Alex Galchenyuk for Josh Bailey? Younger, has demonstrated more goal scoring ability earlier in career, Natural C, but not exactly the kind we are looking for
Jason Zucker for Josh Bailey? Pure LW where are currently logjammed -not a faceoff guy, but does pot goals at a higher clip
Jaden Schwartz for Josh Bailey? Pure LW where are currently logjammed, no way StL moves him for Bailey, I think most would view him as the better player

If anything I could see deal around Beauvillier ++ made for those players, though the plus would have to be significant for Schwartz who is having a bad season, he was nearly a PPG last year, 59 in 62. I don't think the Blues would give him up unless they got overpaid.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Alex Galchenyuk for Josh Bailey? Younger, has demonstrated more goal scoring ability earlier in career, Natural C, but not exactly the kind we are looking for
Jason Zucker for Josh Bailey? Pure LW where are currently logjammed -not a faceoff guy, but does pot goals at a higher clip
Jaden Schwartz for Josh Bailey? Pure LW where are currently logjammed, no way StL moves him for Bailey, I think most would view him as the better player

If anything I could see deal around Beauvillier ++ made for those players, though the plus would have to be significant for Schwartz who is having a bad season, he was nearly a PPG last year, 59 in 62. I don't think the Blues would give him up unless they got overpaid.

I hear you, but I do not believe there is a logjam at LW. Beauvillier could move to RW.
All of 3 of these players are LH shots that could fit that RW PP spot.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
As much as Bailey sucked against Boston, I don’t see any problem with him at 5M per.

The team just needs another high end goal scorer that Bailey can play on a line with.

I understand the reason why he’s on the Barzal line, but Bailey’s offensive skillset is maximized when he’s playing with a sniper and someone who’s good along the boards and around the net. Barzal and Beauvillier are neither of that.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
As much as Bailey sucked against Boston, I don’t see any problem with him at 5M per.

The team just needs another high end goal scorer that Bailey can play on a line with.

I understand the reason why he’s on the Barzal line, but Bailey’s offensive skillset is maximized when he’s playing with a sniper and someone who’s good along the boards and around the net. Barzal and Beauvillier are neither of that.

Yep. Offensively, Barzal doesn't let Bailey do what he does best, which is pass and cycle the puck to create chances that way. He's just there for the defense, and he's very good at it, though I'm sure most of you don't notice how frequently he makes plays in transition that settle things down.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Bailey should be with Lee on the same line. Find a center that works with both and call it a day.

Trotz doesn't like Eberle's defensive game enough to have him with Barzal and Beauvillier, so how do you solve that with the current roster?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
"at best?" Huh?

If a team acquires him at the deadline how can he be less than a rental?
Yeah, odd choice of words. Maybe at best he would be a good rental and at "less than best" he could be a "2018 Tavares stretch run" rental?

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
"at best?" Huh?

Yeah, just reading that is kind of a buyer beware - he is managing expectations.

I read this as "You can whisper sweet nothings into Artemi's ear, take him to the best restaurants in your city and even win the cup, were still going to go for the biggest bag of cash come 7/1"

The NHL has changed a lot since just last season - it started with Tavares listening party in LA and now that Mathews and Marner have Dubas by the balls, no top flight talent is going to commit without the GM's and ownership kissing the ground they walk on, throwing blank checks around and maybe even making a promotional video.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Yeah, just reading that is kind of a buyer beware - he is managing expectations.

I read this as "You can whisper sweet nothings into Artemi's ear, take him to the best restaurants in your city and even win the cup, were still going to go for the biggest bag of cash come 7/1"

The NHL has changed a lot since just last season - it started with Tavares listening party in LA and now that Mathews and Marner have Dubas by the balls, no top flight talent is going to commit without the GM's and ownership kissing the ground they walk on, throwing blank checks around and maybe even making a promotional video.
I heard that Panarin will take $7M less per year to sign with the Leafs.

Reactions: MattMartin and JT27

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Can't be mad - he has earned this right to be a UFA.

This changes things for me -
Boyle going for a second and the package for Muzzin - you say buyer's market? Looking more like a seller's market.

Things will stall here a bit until teams know what is going on with Duchene and Stone.

Nyquist could be had before - but for how much?

Reactions: periferal

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Everyone's in a holding pattern now. With Boyle getting a 2nd, everyone thinks their UFAs must be worst at least a 1st.

Tick down the clock, stay stubborn and patient. Maybe a few more teams will fall out of the running and decide to move their UFAs. Maybe they'll be in limbo and want someone like Eberle back for a playoff push.

It's like musical chairs. There are too many quality rentals available and not enough places to sit.

Reactions: dano16

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
"at best?" Huh?

I was wondering about that choice of words as well. Maybe he will pull a Richard Zednik? The Isles trade for him, he sleepwalks through 10 regular season games, then completely disappears in the playoffs. I forget, didn't Zednik even leave the team for a while?

imetbossy

Mar 13, 2012
Panarin and Bob are Florida bound next year - count on that... will be an expensive rental. Just interesting to see what type of haul a team would pay. Would have been somewhat comparable to what JT would have received if our idiot GM took matters into his own hands as he should have .::

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Given all the whispers out there I don't think he's going to just any team. Ideally he wants to be in New York. To me it feels like when everyone knew Vanek was going to Minnesota or Shattenkirk to the rangers.

So to me if the rangers off him at least 10M/year he's going there. LA, FLA, and NYI are the fallback plans.

imetbossy

Mar 13, 2012
Everyone's in a holding pattern now. With Boyle getting a 2nd, everyone thinks their UFAs must be worst at least a 1st.

Tick down the clock, stay stubborn and patient. Maybe a few more teams will fall out of the running and decide to move their UFAs. Maybe they'll be in limbo and want someone like Eberle back for a playoff push.

It's like musical chairs. There are too many quality rentals available and not enough places to sit.[/

The only way it makes sense to trade Eberle is if we replace him with a pure sniper / scorer at the deadline . As of now, he’s the only one who can put the puck in the net -

imetbossy

Mar 13, 2012
Given all the whispers out there I don't think he's going to just any team. Ideally he wants to be in New York. To me it feels like when everyone knew Vanek was going to Minnesota or Shattenkirk to the rangers.

So to me if the rangers off him at least 10M/year he's going there. LA, FLA, and NYI are the fallback plans.

Fla first choice... he has a house there, loves the Russian community, very close friends w Dadonov—

Reactions: drgregg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad