Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part IX - Trade Deadline Edition

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Continue here.

Previous Thread: Speculation: - Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part VIII - Trade Deadline Edition

Last post from previous thread:

I think some people have to realize even with we traded a bunch of non roster assets for McDavid we still wouldn't be Stanley Cup favorites, so why we are arguing over no going out and getting somebody like Dzingle or Johansson is beyond me.

The only guy traded today I think the Islanders should have made a run for was Granlund, but I have a feeling that was more a case of Minnesota targeting a player then looking to dump Granlund

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
So can anyone give me a rundown on the high-end prospects who'll be available in the late 1st this upcoming draft?

Lot of guys in the 24-26 range who'll make us so glad we couldn't even make this pick conditionally available?

Reactions: periferal

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
You look at our schedule for the next week and Washington's (including facing them in a back to back after the big Toronto game while they have two days off), there is a high likelihood that we will be out of first place by the weekend. I hope all of you enjoyed it while it lasted.

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
So can anyone give me a rundown on the high-end prospects who'll be available in the late 1st this upcoming draft?

Lot of guys in the 24-26 range who'll make us so glad we couldn't even make this pick conditionally available?

Umm, after 4 or 5 experience seasons that draft pick might be the missing piece we need.

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
You look at our schedule for the next week and Washington's (including facing them in a back to back after the big Toronto game while they have two days off), there is a high likelihood that we will be out of first place by the weekend. I hope all of you enjoyed it while it lasted.

Nope. This team is at least resilient. I'm hoping they all enter those games with a chip on their shoulder.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I am no expert on this draft but I know unlike last year this draft seems to be center heavy

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

I’m most worried about the Philly game to be honest in regards to it being a letdown and this team has sucked in afternoon games for years . They have played well back to back and at the coliseum this year

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I guess since we made no deadline deal we might as well just pack it up and go home the seasons over.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

Those are fooling themselves if they think this team is going to win the division.

Reactions: Satan'sIsland81

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
Those are fooling themselves if they think this team is going to win the division.

Winning the division should have been one of the reasons to go out and make some trades. I'm irritated right now. However, this team might have some tricks up it's sleeve. I'm also not sure what place in the standings we'd need to be at approaching a trade deadline to make moves to improve the team if 1st place isn't that spot.

Reactions: Satan'sIsland81

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

I am unsure why you didnt answer my question from before. What would you have done differently? I am talking specifics.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

I just ran a Mock Draft that yielded us Connor McMichael (a center) at 27th OA. LOL.

Put the 1st, 2nd, Bellows, Aho, MVS, Wotherspoon, Skarek and any prospect outside of the big 3 on the table on draft day for a top-6 talent with term.

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
I just ran a Mock Draft that yielded us Connor McMichael at 27th OA. LOL.

Put the 1st, 2nd, Bellows, Aho, MVS, Wotherspoon, Skarek and any prospect outside of the big 3 on the table on draft day for a top-6 talent with term.

All I wanted was a winger with some lead in his pencil for the rookie of the year to play with. I didn't want much.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

If they go 2-0 in the remaining two games vs Washington and only go 10-9 in their other 19 games it’s highly likely...about 87% actually they win the division

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad