Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: This is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Edmonton and Dallas are my guesses.

Does he want to reunite with Seguin or does he want to play with McDavid.

*didn't see Oilferfan4life's post stating Vancouver was out.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I've been saying

Someone had asked Chiarelli about the Hall trade if there were pieces coming tomorrow and he outright said if nothing happens, it's not like he didn't try.

Prepare for worst, hope for best

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
Can we please pump the brakes on Lucic already.......:shakehead

Its a totally different market now with Stamkos gone. Teams that had money to spend on Stamkos will now blow there doe on Lucic, who is arguably the best FA available this summer.

Sure he was here earlier in the week, and then that wacko posted that the deal is already done, to send everyone in a tissy fissy, typical tease to us Oiler fans. NOTHING is official tell its signed on the dotted line.

I am hearing teams like Detroit Montreal Boston Anaheim and now Dallas (where he was visiting today) PLUS not to mention his hometown team the hated Canucks.

I just don't think this thing is set in stone, now that the best guy almost all those teams were going to fight for Stamkos is off the table. :rant:

let the chips fall where they may tomorrow, even tho there is a huge hole on LW, with the Hall trade.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I promise you guys that Lucic is an Oiler. I gave you my word.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Throw money at McGinn then. He actually performed great his last stint in Anaheim.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Edmonton or Dallas eh.. You know where you want to be Luc.. Right beside McDavid.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I want Lucic, but I won't be that disappointed if he goes elsewhere. 7 years at 6-6.5M is a pretty scary contract that could easily backfire.

Having Benoit Pouliot as your #1 LW WILL backfire.

They NEED Lucic. I am not disagreeing that its an overpayment, but they need this guy to fill that hole

duul

Jun 21, 2010
You better be right or this bored will melt down lol

You know it's funny. That old Edmonton Journal writer who came out a few hours after I did claiming Lucic and Demers have both agreed to sign...I am almost certain we have the same source. I have a very strong feeling about that.

We got the same info for the same guy who is right there in the thick of it all. That person has said Lucic and Demers have both verbally agreed to sign. That was a day before Stamkos went off the market and maybe something last minute has changed, but I doubt it.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Probably been discussed but any one know what time free agency opens? Is it 12AM or sometime in the morning?

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I hope the Oilers go after Wisnewski, RHS who can help a PP and plays with an edge. He can also play top 4 minutes if needed. Perhaps the injury has hurt his game a lot but at the very worst he'll be a good 3rd pairing guy.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You know it's funny. That old Edmonton Journal writer who came out a few hours after I did claiming Lucic and Demers have both agreed to sign...I am almost certain we have the same source. I have a very strong feeling about that.

We got the same info for the same guy who is right there in the thick of it all. That person has said Lucic and Demers have both verbally agreed to sign. That was a day before Stamkos went off the market and maybe something last minute has changed, but I doubt it.

If it was a done deal he wouldn't have met with Dallas today.

These reports are likely very overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad