Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "The Final Countdown"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Kane & Kulak leaving together?
We're hoping it's not farewell
Maybe they'll come back
To the Oil, only Dreger will tell ( :sarcasm: )
With Kane's money problems to blame
He's asked to look around
But will Ken be successful in 2 days again?

It's the Final Countdown

(der na neer neer, der na neer-neer-neer, der na neer neer, der na neer neer neer, neeeeer neeeer)

It's the Final Countdown

TO FREE AGENCY THAT IS!!

SoUpY sounds like he's all set to officially become an Oiler.

Kulak-crickets (but hopefully he's brought back)

Other RFAs not being qualified by their current team.

Will Ken trade with Philly to pull the ultimate troll move on Treliving?

Get your tickets now, this thread will fill up fast!

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Brett Connolly getting bought out. Maybe the Oilers sign him to a league minimum contract like Turris? Can be used as depth on the lineup? I know we have been linked to him a couple of times.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Are there any rumours regarding Marchment? Seems like a guy that should be at the top of a lot of team's lists given his production, age, and playstyle, but have barely seen him mentioned.

I think Florida finds a way to keep him by getting rid of Hornqvist.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Are there any rumours regarding Marchment? Seems like a guy that should be at the top of a lot of team's lists given his production, age, and playstyle, but have barely seen him mentioned.

I think he probably gets $4.5-5M from someone. Don’t really see a need for it to be us but would not hate him signing here I guess.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
From Seravelli on DFO, It seems like the Oilers are letting Kane test the market so he can see what the market is like. If he doesn’t get what he wants, he will probably circle around back

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Strome's horrible defensive game is just a fallacy hive mind that was created by HF boards his 1st few seasons , he had the best +- than any forward on the Hawk's last Seasons and when you look at his most paired linemates at 5-5 they were giving up a lot more goals when he was not on the ice with them

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He definitely won't keep up that 70 point pace, but even if he dips to 40 points, that's still a great add at ~$4.5M.
He's a huge body that does so many good things on the ice, his impact will be a positive worth his cap his for years, as you said.

My "hope"

Oilers sign -
Grioux 4yr $4M per
Marchment, 5yrs $4M per
Jarnkrok 2yr $2.5M per
Kulak 4yrs $2.5M per
Lazar 2 yrs $900K per
Campbell 5 yrs $5M per

Trades -
Foegele for Brown(Ott),
Chi/Car/Edm -
To EDM - McCabe & Bokk,
To CHI - 3rd(the Conditional pick from Phi, 3rd from Edmonton & 2nd(2024 from Phi)
To CAR - Barrie and Puljujarvi. (Carolina gets both Barrie and JP, and keep all of their draft picks.)

So the line up looks like

Marchment - McDavid - Grioux
Hyman - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Nuge - McLeod - Jarnkrok
Holloway - Lazar - Ryan
Shore

Nurse - Ceci
McCabe - Bouchard
Kulak - Broberg
Neimo

Campbell
Skinner

This team wins alot of games imo.

Gives them flexibility - Grioux can play center in a pinch, Jarkrok is a center, McCabe can play both sides if there are injuries or you want to shorten the bench.

Last edited:

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Kane at 4.5 would be a step in full contention. Allows you to Strome, Kulak and Campbell, RFA, and still have 3-5 mill to add some depth or a bona-fide additional defenceman/forward

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Interesting

I'd like him on a 5mil x 3 but 4.5 mil x 4 isnt that far off.

I dont know if its enough to sign Kane but I think this is probably about the right approach. Not sure how many contenders will be able to offer him much more. If he wants to be on a bottom feeder, maybe he can get more money. In Kanes particular case, he might just need as much money as he can get so I wont fault the guy. Would like him back but I dont mind moving on from him if the contract is huge either.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I just don't understand how Kane is allowed to talk to other teams about a contract when the arbitrator could rule in San Jose's favor and he's re-instated as Sharks property.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
4.5 m per season is an insult to Kane, he is easily a 8 million dollar player the way he played last year. Now given his history no body In there right mind is offering him that kinda money on a long term deal, but to think a 4 year 6 mill per year deal isn't a steal for a player of kanes ability is ludicrous

• Haha
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad