Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Pinto For Your Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
might be just as simple as Holland thinks he can use the money intended for AA and get a better player in FA. If this is the case, does it really matter if KH uses the money he would have used for AA and now uses it for a better perhaps more productive player?
We have 8.7 mill right now. Holland would want to have at least 1.5 mill in space, he always likes room. Let's make it an even 7 mill in cap space.

2.5 for Bear
1.5 for a backup goalie
1.25 for Pulju
900k calling up Bouchard
800 k for a 7 d

That's 7 mill. You may say "Klefboms LTIR" and I would say, that would have to be used on a defender of he misses the whole year, if he doesn't miss the whole year it doesn't help too much.

Reactions: MisterD

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
2019 Draft
Day 1- 0 Trades
Day 2- 5 Trades

2018 Draft
Day 1- 2 Trades
Day 2- 2 Trades

2017 Draft
Day 1- 7 Trades
Day 2- 5 Trades

2016 Draft
Day 1- 5
Day 2- 7

I'm predicting
Day 1- 3 Trades
Day 2- 5 Trades
Thanks to Calgary I nailed my day 1 predictions lol

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I kinda hope AA and Holland have a handshake deal in place where he goes to free agency and re signs for a decent rate for a year or 2 and then they re evaluate.

Allows us to maintain some cheap depth, and gives him a chance to put some good numbers up with McDrai while the cap is flat in anticipation of a big payday when it goes up again.

I just hate the thought of losing him for nothing after what we paid, and how good he started to look during the play in.

Reactions: Aerchon

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I kinda hope AA and Holland have a handshake deal in place where he goes to free agency and re signs for a decent rate for a year or 2 and then they re evaluate.

Allows us to maintain some cheap depth, and gives him a chance to put some good numbers up with McDrai while the cap is flat in anticipation of a big payday when it goes up again.

I just hate the thought of losing him for nothing after what we paid, and how good he started to look during the play in.

I really hope so, but I doubt it.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

I don't see it. Tippett didn't trust him after the first game and his deployment isn't going to get him future contracts for $$.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Can’t see Carolina going for that. Like the player though.

Maybe we add Puljujarvi, and they add the 68th pick? I dunno just spitballin. I just don't see Holland letting these guys walk. Benning I think will just re-sign if we want him back.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Unless we can sign a couple of decent players with the vacated cap from AA, I absolutely hate letting him walk. I am pissed right now, Holland mentioned a goalie and a depth forward or two like last year. Unless that goalie is a top 5 goalie and with Klefbom's injury we are a weaker team than when we left the ice against Chicago. The only hope at getting a lot better basically boils down to young players like Pulju, Bouchard, Broberg, Samo, etc. stepping in and being very good for us while Jones becomes a legit 2nd pairing guy.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Unless we can sign a couple of decent players with the vacated cap from AA, I absolutely hate letting him walk. I am pissed right now, Holland mentioned a goalie and a depth forward or two like last year. Unless that goalie is a top 5 goalie and with Klefbom's injury we are a weaker team than when we left the ice against Chicago. The only hope at getting a lot better basically boils down to young players like Pulju, Bouchard, Broberg, Samo, etc. stepping in and being very good for us while Jones becomes a legit 2nd pairing guy.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Maybe we add Puljujarvi, and they add the 68th pick? I dunno just spitballin. I just don't see Holland letting these guys walk. Benning I think will just re-sign if we want him back.

Stauffer believes the Sharks will offer Benning enough of a salary and role to go there to be a bottom pair D and play the PK.

Also nobody is taking AA when they can sign him for free, and for a lot less than what his Arbitration award is anticipated to be (between 4-4.5 mil).

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Edmonton will find a goalie among the myriad free agent options, and it’s my belief we’ll see a significant forward added in free agency to shore up left wing for 2020-21.

FWIW, from Alan Mitchell (Lowetide) on the Athletic.

tenor.gif

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
This

People need to stop pretending like we didnt just lose an extremely cost effective D who played big minutes on our top pairing. Our D is going to be worse than last year probably regardless and we are banking on internal development where Nurse, Bear, Jones, Bouchard get better and do so in a hurry.

Our organization has never shown the ability to be able to fill big holes via trade/signing though no matter how big and visible they are. Our goaltending has been a mess for 15 years except one above average season from Talbot and one decent season from Khabibulin/Dubnyk in 11-12, we haven't had a #1 dman in those 15 years, or even a legitimate top-pairing rhd. We never replaced Hall's scoring with a top line winger after we traded him, and we never replaced Eberle's scoring with a top-6 RW when we traded him either. I can't even remember who our last real 3C was that was able to win faceoffs and take care of both ends.

I know this isn't all on Holland, but as a fan I have no reason to be optimistic that this 'potential' hole will be filled. Just add it to the list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad