Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Pinto For Your Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
There are teams that had interest in AA but none of them were willing to give up an asset for him. Forgot who tweeted it out last week (maybe Rishaug?) but that was what was stated.

Not even a conditional pick? We just traded 2 second round picks for the dude a few months ago :laugh:

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I don't think it's plan A but it's definitely a very very strong possibility.
This

People need to stop pretending like we didnt just lose an extremely cost effective D who played big minutes on our top pairing. Our D is going to be worse than last year probably regardless and we are banking on internal development where Nurse, Bear, Jones, Bouchard get better and do so in a hurry.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well if we let Benning and AA go, where are we spending our money? I'd imagine Ennis will be re-signed for cheap but who else?

Ennis-Mcdavid-Kassian
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Neal-Khaira-Archibald
Nygard-Haas-Chiasson

Nurse-Bear
Jones-Larsson
Lagesson-Russell

Koskinen

I really have my worries if the once speedy and quick, and old Ennis will even be an NHLer after rehabbing that knee. Ennis of last year was a good fit but at his age even without the injury you really couldn't know what you'd be getting the next year with him.

Reactions: Raab

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I really have my worries if the once speedy and quick, and old Ennis will even be an NHLer after rehabbing that knee. Ennis of last year was a good fit but at his age even without the injury you really couldn't know what you'd be getting the next year with him.

True, which is why I think he'll sign cheap. Worst case scenario we send him to the AHL. Will be interesting to see if Benson and Macleod can make the team this year. Last two years they've been close.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
No trades on day 1 of the draft and apparently AA and Benning were not qualified. If we don't get AA under contract I am not going to be a happy camper unless we somehow really bolster our team.

So you're telling me we can't sign and trade Benning or AA? Not even for a conditional pick?
Disastrous asset management.

I'm not a Holland fan, obviously, but getting no assets for AA or Benning is disastrous. Benning is a useful roster player and not exactly breaking the bank... Was linked to multiple teams wanting him in trade...

I have feeling this is like the Sekera buyout. Holland looking to free up cap hoping to make a splash in free agency and is going to flub it badly.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm not a Holland fan, obviously, but getting no assets for AA or Benning is disastrous. Benning is a useful roster player and not exactly breaking the bank... Was linked to multiple teams wanting him in trade...

I have feeling this is like the Sekera buyout. Holland looking to free up cap hoping to make a splash in free agency and is going to flub it badly.

Please cite links to multiple teams wanting non-NHLer Benning in a trade. I would be very surprised if true.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Holland "I know AA, I know this player well"

"Trades two 2nds for him"

"Doesn't qualify him after 13 games"

Pandemic or not, for knowing him so well you couldn't move out enough money to hold onto him, yet were willing to overpay at the deadline?

Criss cross.

We need to bring back MacT to talk about price points like he did about not giving Petry the 4M price point long term (right after giving it to Nikitin).

You gotta be picky about who you give the 3M price point to! He would say this after we just gave it to Kassian for 4 years :)

Reactions: Aerchon

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009

Pandemic or not, for knowing him so well you couldn't move out enough money to hold onto him, yet were willing to overpay at the deadline?

Criss cross.

flat cap era man. Rangers about to not qualify Ryan Strome after coming off a 59 point season. Likely a lot more underlying things are going on that made this decision happen.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

Criss cross.

It wasn't an overpay... it was a reasonable price to pay, with a very strong possibility you could get a second for his rights, or re signed him with the cap going up.

I don't understand how people are going to blame this on Holland. This trade looks 10X better if the flat cap doesn't happen.

Reactions: TB12 and Dr Awesome

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
True, which is why I think he'll sign cheap. Worst case scenario we send him to the AHL. Will be interesting to see if Benson and Macleod can make the team this year. Last two years they've been close.

Neither was close

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
flat cap era man. Rangers about to not qualify Ryan Strome after coming off a 59 point season. Likely a lot more underlying things are going on that made this decision happen.

might be just as simple as Holland thinks he can use the money intended for AA and get a better player in FA. If this is the case, does it really matter if KH uses the money he would have used for AA and instead now uses it for a better perhaps more productive player?

Macblender

May 5, 2014
might be just as simple as Holland thinks he can use the money intended for AA and get a better player in FA. If this is the case, does it really matter if KH uses the money he would have used for AA and now uses it for a better perhaps more productive player?
100% it matters the goal is to maximize the team and ensure it is structured well on a go forward basis.

The cap is likely going to be flat in 2021-22 if I had to guess we arent getting a full season again in all likelihood. With this in mind utilizing your cap space well is essential and there is going to be some good players who sign cheaper deals this offseason I would assume.

We have to wait and see how he utilizes the space so can wait and see how the rest of the week pans out.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
might be just as simple as Holland thinks he can use the money intended for AA and get a better player in FA. If this is the case, does it really matter if KH uses the money he would have used for AA and now uses it for a better perhaps more productive player?
100% it matters the goal is to maximize the team and ensure it is structured well on a go forward basis.

The cap is likely going to be flat in 2021-22 if I had to guess we arent getting a full season again in all likelihood. With this in mind utilizing your cap space well is essential and there is going to be some good players who sign cheaper deals this offseason I would assume.

We have to wait and see how he utilizes the space so can wait and see how the rest of the week pans out.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It wasn't an overpay... it was a reasonable price to pay, with a very strong possibility you could get a second for his rights, or re signed him with the cap going up.

I don't understand how people are going to blame this on Holland. This trade looks 10X better if the flat cap doesn't happen.

I won't blame Holland for the inability to sign a player due to flat cap. I will blame him for bringing in a player with no ability though which was pre-flat-cap.

Reactions: Anarchism
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad