Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "Flies in the Vasoline"

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
He won't retire either, he's too stubborn. We should just deal him to the Coyotes and send them a third for their trouble.

Since Woodcroft took over:

Koskinen: 3-0-0, .936
Smith: 3-3-0, .899
Skinner: 1-0-0, 1.000

Stop f***ing around here. Feed Kostko starts, get Smith out of here, and bring up Skinner. Time to ice the best possible team.
Is that what the NHL Guide and Record book says to do?, because well,you know…

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Here’s a list of teams Stuart skinner has started against

Detroit, Buffalo, Winnipeg x 2, Chicago, Dallas, Seattle x 2, Boston, CBJ, Ottawa, Montreal, San Jose.

I count exactly 1 team currently in a playoff spot and he’s .500 against those teams.

This doesn’t tell us anything. What types of shots did Skinner face those games, what was his high danger save %. Whether it’s a playoff team or not means nothing. We aren’t a playoff team- I guess we should lose whenever we play a playoff team.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
When is the last time Smith stringed some good games together? He continues to let in horrible goals and be horribly positioned in net. He is lucky the third goal against Carolina didnt count, as it again went right through him.
He went 3-0 from Feb 11th-15th and posted .974, .938 and .900 in those games. Then the wheels fell off for 2 games and then back to .931 his last start.

Please don’t think I’m defending him but those are his stats.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
For a team like the Yotes, that's how they acquire assets.

We also shouldn't look at Koskinen and Smith as the same. One is winning games for the Oilers, the other is in net for wins sometimes. The team needs to move on from Smith
One is winning games but IMO isn’t taking us anywhere in the playoffs.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
So is Benson injured or is there something else to him not being at practice?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
But why? Lol
It's a reliable pattern that the more moves you make with a team, the greater the chance is that you make moves later. This move was smart to keep the dialogue going and get the inside track on bigger moves

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Samorukov is still a key prospect. He needed some more time. 22 is very young for a defenseman.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Interesting that almost everyone is saying we need to run Koskinen now.

Like everyone hasnt been saying for the last three years that he's terrible with a starter's workload.

I realise Smith has been bad this year, but the almost unanimous flip this board has done on Koskinen after shitting all over him constantly for almost three years is outright mindblowing. As a general defender of him for most of his tenure Im happy for him currently, but holy shit man. You guys. Lmao.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Interesting that almost everyone is saying we need to run Koskinen now.

Like everyone hasnt been saying for the last three years that he's terrible with a starter's workload.

I realise Smith has been bad this year, but the almost unanimous flip this board has done on Koskinen after shitting all over him constantly for almost three years is outright mindblowing. As a general defender of him for most of his tenure Im happy for him currently, but holy shit man. You guys. Lmao.
Nobody wants him to play every game we want Skinner up to be a legitimate back up so koskinen doesn't get run into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad