ATD: Rules - Discussion - Trades Thread

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Oh ****...I'm sorry to anyone, I had no idea actually. I was just going for a retro team that had a cool story (including the movie Leatherheads). My bad, boys...no offense intended.

None taken, I figured you just didn't know :laugh:

It's not super common knowledge, particularly since the Inuit are a relatively small group isolated to the extreme north

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
None taken, I figured you just didn't know :laugh:

It's not super common knowledge, particularly since the Inuit are a relatively small group isolated to the extreme north
Bigger story here in Canada as the Edmonton Eskimos in the CFL renamed themselves the Edmonton Elks in 2020. But there's still controversy as many Inuit didn't care either way and Alberta is Texas North so a "PC" rename didn't go over well. I'm still a little torn on it, like Redskins and Indians were obvious slurs that clearly had to go. Fighting Sioux and Eskimos are more in the Braves territory where its more questionable if it's actually offensive to those groups. But yeah it's more towards offensive than not.

As for the team, idk if it's bad form to say but I had that team very high on my list, inside my top 3. That was certainly the most surprising result to me, other than my own ranking lol.

Reactions: DaaaaB's and LT

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
^ Idk why the Dillon Panthers finished last.

The thread title badly needs to be edited with a "Voting results in post #" added.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Bigger story here in Canada as the Edmonton Eskimos in the CFL renamed themselves the Edmonton Elks in 2020. But there's still controversy as many Inuit didn't care either way and Alberta is Texas North so a "PC" rename didn't go over well. I'm still a little torn on it, like Redskins and Indians were obvious slurs that clearly had to go. Fighting Sioux and Eskimos are more in the Braves territory where its more questionable if it's actually offensive to those groups. But yeah it's more towards offensive than not.

As for the team, idk if it's bad form to say but I had that team very high on my list, inside my top 3. That was certainly the most surprising result to me, other than my own ranking lol.
Fwiw, I'd have your team in the top 3 as well. I just took another quick look over of all the teams though and man, that must've been tough to rank them one thru thirteen. There's not much separating the whole pack of them.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I was just thinking I wouldn't want to share my votes simply because they would completely change every time I look at them :laugh:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Fwiw, I'd have your team in the top 3 as well. I just took another quick look over of all the teams though and man, that must've been tough to rank them one thru thirteen. There's not much separating the whole pack of them.

I was just thinking I wouldn't want to share my votes simply because they would completely change every time I look at them :laugh:

Yup no kidding. It was really hard to do the rankings. I have no doubt some would change if I did it again, all the teams were so good it was tough to make any kind of ranking.

I ended up tiering them into 1, 2, 3 and then spent like an hour moving teams between tiers then just giving up and ranking each tier then moving forward as a list with another bunch of changes. It took me quite awhile and I still wasn't confidant haha. I did have one team last for much of it and it remained there on my list, but they didn't finish in 13 spot in the overall rankings so what do I know haha.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would have no confidence that I would rank the teams exactly the same or maybe even close to the same if we were to do it again.

Reactions: Pestilence and LT

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
It would take 20 minutes to post them all. Is voting anonymous?

What's the playoff bracket look like?
1. St. Vital Mustangs 59
2. Dallas Carter Cowboys 61*
3. Santiago Chiles 61
4. Notre Dame Jugglers 67
5. Providence Steamrollers 68*
6. Kaukalahti Beastie Boys 68
7. Houston Apollos 72
8. London Lightning 73
9. Philadelphia Bell 75
10. Rain City Bitch Pigeons 82
11. Duluth Eskimos 100
12. South Jersey Wildcats 102

Weird question. It's 1-6 vs 7-12 with the highest seed vs the lowest seed in descending order. #1 vs #12, #2 vs #11, etc.

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It would take 20 minutes to post them all. Is voting anonymous?

1. St. Vital Mustangs 59
2. Dallas Carter Cowboys 61*
3. Santiago Chiles 61
4. Notre Dame Jugglers 67
5. Providence Steamrollers 68*
6. Kaukalahti Beastie Boys 68
7. Houston Apollos 72
8. London Lightning 73
9. Philadelphia Bell 75
10. Rain City Bitch Pigeons 82
11. Duluth Eskimos 100
12. South Jersey Wildcats 102

Weird question. It's 1-6 vs 7-12 with the highest seed vs the lowest seed in descending order. #1 vs #12, #2 vs #11, etc.
So are we doing byes in the 2nd round?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I miscalculated and will do the byes in the second round. Highest remaining teams will have the byes.

since my brain is not working this week.

It'll be 1-12 for the first round.

Second round will reseed, highest remaining teams will have a bye.

So if let's say 1 get eliminated and 12 stays on.

Hypothetically. 4th would face 12, as 2 and 3 are on bye.

My apologies for the disorganization. Life got rather chaotic the last two weeks,

Last edited:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Semis are up:

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes