Post-Game Talk: Roy vs Kolzig @7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I love that we were all squabbling over who misses the net more often — 2 or 74. And then of course both score tonight.

And i was about to add, ‘the one who is REALLY useless from the point is Orpik,’ and on cue, he ripped one off the crossbar.

Second period was forgettable, as were 39, 65, 44, 20, and, frankly, 8. But the others all stepped up. I thought 70, 25, 83, and 18 played especially well tonight. Kuz, too.
Well Orpik is pretty useless on the point and that crossbar counts as a shot that missed the net. Pretty much agree with the players you singled out. Beagle did have some chances. He just can't finish.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
You can tell how much the league respects Orpik's shot from the fact that no one ever covers him. How many open shot attempts did he have last night?

Reactions: maacoshark

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Good win. That is a typical 2017 win. A little hair on it, but definitely deserved (vs some of the steamroll wins from 2015 and 2016).

The team is shaping up, and they was a needed shift after the previous nights loss. I also think its the first time this season that they split a B2B by winning the 2nd game? Granted home vs road, and played another team on a B2B, but nonetheless. They seem to be getting better prepared for these.

I will say this again. I think Trotz should *routinely* play Grubauer in front end of the B2B, Holts on the back. Unless said goalie has a terrible (or terrific) track record against a particular team. I'd make that the staple. Give them a better chance of winning both, IMO.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
That was, probably, my first Caps game this season from start to finish, well I fell asleep half way through the third, since the 1st Colorado game. What a difference. I"ve caught a period here or there of most games but yeah, still pissed off over the PIT playoff loss.

Anyway, how are the young D doing? I understand the current hot streak coincides with Nisky coming back, but it looks like the young D are holding their own. Not a Connor Carrick situation. Am I off base? Also, the 8-19-43 line is fun to watch. Especially 43. The big dumb animal seems to belong on that line. I hope it lasts.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I will say this again. I think Trotz should *routinely* play Grubauer in front end of the B2B, Holts on the back. Unless said goalie has a terrible (or terrific) track record against a particular team. I'd make that the staple. Give them a better chance of winning both, IMO.

Why? Each situation is different.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
That was, probably, my first Caps game this season from start to finish, well I fell asleep half way through the third, since the 1st Colorado game. What a difference. I"ve caught a period here or there of most games but yeah, still pissed off over the PIT playoff loss.

Anyway, how are the young D doing? I understand the current hot streak coincides with Nisky coming back, but it looks like the young D are holding their own. Not a Connor Carrick situation. Am I off base? Also, the 8-19-43 line is fun to watch. Especially 43. The big dumb animal seems to belong on that line. I hope it lasts.

The kids are alright. Bowey and Djoos are doing better, they're improving week after week. They don't find the back of the net yet but they do a fine job in our end.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
The kids are alright. Bowey and Djoos are doing better, they're improving week after week. They don't find the back of the net yet but they do a fine job in our end.

Agreed, they're looking more and more like legit NHLers with each passing game. I think Bowey is going to start finding the back of the net soon. You can see him getting more comfortable playing in the offensive zone. He's also got a sneaky good shot too. Djoos as well....color we dead wrong on him, I didn't think he could play at the next level. Very impressed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad