Speculation: Roy Interested in GM Job & Ready to Work with Gorton

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
It's never gonna happen. I would love his passion for the game and win at all cost attitude to be injected in our team, but seriously think that as a whole, our organisation realy enjoys subtle, muted and toned down enthusiasm.
I don't think his fire and fury fits with the new and improved inclusive culture that Molson hinted yesterday.

Reactions: HabsQC and Scripter

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
If ever they go the Roy way for GM, we know Gorton wasn’t looking for a yes man…

I actually wouldn’t mind Roy with Gorton as VP. Without Gorton, then it would be much riskier.

But he can be a short list candidate, IMO.

People are talking about Briere but doesn’t Roy have more experience then him with les Ramparts?

Anyway, if they pick Roy… we KNOW it will be entertaining!

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I'd be open to hiring him for the coaching job only. His passion and fire could work, at least on the short term. Not sure it's sustainable long term.

No way I want him in management.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Would much rather see that guy, a born winner and not brown noser who won't be afraid of making the move necessary to catapulse this team into contention than any other suggested name in the media other than Madden Jr.

Yeah, a coaching job only would be even better but I think Patrick is past this stage in his career.

Jul 6, 2016
If ever they go the Roy way for GM, we know Gorton wasn’t looking for a yes man…

I actually wouldn’t mind Roy with Gorton as VP. Without Gorton, then it would be much riskier.

But he can be a short list candidate, IMO.

People are talking about Briere but doesn’t Roy have more experience then him with les Ramparts?

Anyway, if they pick Roy… we KNOW it will be entertaining!

You have not been entertained enough the last 10 years with Bergevin ? Come on !

Reactions: dinodebino

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

He says it's not as big a job to get the Habs going again because MB left the organization in good shape for the future.

He said it's Timmins who didn't do a good job.

I sort of agree with Roy. MB won 95% of his trades but didn't know how to build a winning team. TT couldn't identify an 18 year old Bobby Orr on a beer league team full of middle aged schleps.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
You have not been entertained enough the last 10 years with Bergevin ? Come on !
If MB had a guy like Gorton on top of him, it probably would have been much better, purple pants and all.

I think Roy can do the job because Gorton is there.

Reactions: HabsQC

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I always thought he was a better GM than coach with the Remparts.

I'd like to see what he could do as a GM in the NHL, in Montreal or elsewhere.

Reactions: Dutronc

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
He's not wrong.
Exactly, amateur scouting was the team’s biggest weakness. Flip side, Timmins reported into MB so buck stops there. Was his responsibility to fire Timmons and he didn’t.

Reactions: HabsQC

Boy74

Oct 3, 2019
LOL... everyone looking for quiet mediocre management. Other than a game here or there, I haven't watched a Habs game in years. I watch hockey to be entertained. And Roy would bring back some zest to an organization that is not only boring, they're losers. So if they are going to lose, at least make it entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad