Series Talk: Round Two | Pittsburgh Penguins take on the Washington Capitals... again (Caps Win 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Their PP is going to be their bread and butter... and end up being their downfall when it goes dry in the latter part of the series... again.

Ovechkin and Wilson will take runs and injure at least one of our guys... again.

We are going to lose at least a game we should have won... again.

The series will go longer than it should passed on play on the ice... again.

Just win, please. Even though we kick their ass each year, their 15-year-old Ovy fanboys will be unbearable if they win this won. Absolutely unbearable.with their Ovechkin >>>>> Crosby because goalzzzz nonsense. Please just win. Good thing I will miss about 90% of the series being in SF then India. Just win so I can come back and watch nice hockey against TB or TO (no BOS please).

I am so over playing the Caps in the playoffs. Just so annoying.

Jamais deux sans trois.

Reactions: Mean Gene

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
Poor Caps fans...

Playing us in the playoffs is akin to the Steelers playing the Patriots in the playoffs.

You just know you aren’t coming out on top. You can try to paint whatever picture you want, but you just know.

Pretty solid analogy actually. The only difference I guess is that each series is close, so it would be like the Pats-Steelers situation but with the Pats marching down the field in the last few minutes every...single...time.

Here's to a healthy, fun series fellas (and ladies).

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It’s not that simple...Caps are playing better defensive hockey and a more north-south style and have incorporated some younger players like we did...they definitely can beat us, especially if Murray is not sharp or our injuries are bad....I still think we win in 7 games but it’s going to be a close series...

If if if. Be confident for once.

Pens in 5.

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
penscapsdog.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Cap fans saying the Capitals were just a mediocre over achieving team.
Now they say they will beat the Penguins. Muahahaha That's gold. Gold!

Mediocre Chokers vs a horrid defense and wildly powerful offense. My money is on the Penguins. Pen's fan or not.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
You should.

Letang>>>>>>>Hainsey
Brassard>>Bonino
Sheahan>Cullen

We've got far better players this year.

They’re set on us not having Ian Cole and Hainsey.

And Murray giving up a few questionable goals (while otherwise pitching two shutouts).

According to some Caps fans.

Reactions: PensandCaps

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
How could you not? The defense isn't as good. They have letang this year but he is Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde. Geno and Hagelin are question marks. Hopefully the pens are still in the caps/holtbys head though.

The D is better personnel wise...

Letang>>>>Cole and Hainsey.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Can't wait for this, gonna be a hell of a series.

I hate to be that guy, but I picked Caps in 7. Just think they're due!

Our boys can win this series, however. They need to stay out of the box, and have better depth scoring. Also need to exploit Washington's bottom pair.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
How Washington wins:
- Special teams. No doubt about it. If they click at 50% and our powerplay is giving up SHGs, game over. That's how Columbus lost.
- Stars being stars. I think Holtby is tremendous as of late.
- Injuries. Geno/Hags/Kessel/Hornqvist.
- What Murray shows up?

Those are just some ways. Gotta stop those and we are good.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
I mean, beating Philly back into irrelevancy. Then getting the opportunity to be the catalyst for Washington blowing their team up....

Do we even need a third cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad