Series Talk: Round Two: Iowa Wild versus Chicago Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
When Rau was called up he looked forgettable. Not bad, but nothing about him him screamed NHL. Brown has NHL speed and aggressiveness, and plays relatively smart hockey, but his inability to contribute anything to the offense was disturbing. If we don't have anything down in Iowa better than him then we are in trouble. I don't buy that skilled players can't play on the 4 th line. You start there, earn a spot, then work your way up with your play.
I think BB is into that. Yeo, not so much.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
kloos? rau? o'reilly? bitten? several should have been rotated in & out for maybe 5- 7 game stints. (imo) unless that burns up a year of contract which i don't really pay attention to how that works. the purpose is to add new blood & energy.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah, Hendricks in the 13th forward slot is what really blocked any of the Iowa guys that may have deserved a shot. And I'm not sure that there really were any that point.

Having Mayhew or Beck or whoever in that spot next year would be preferable.

Who deserved a shot from Iowa? COR was the best FWD in Iowa and he's not NHL material. The 2 Gerrys (Fitzgerald/Mayhew) had AHL contracts. Anas and Kloos maybe, but they aren't even as good as Schroeder/Ennis are/were.

Hendricks didn't block anybody. The kids in Iowa aren't really good. Just look at the Playoff roster, it's old guys (25+) and the young NHL players that got sent down.

Reactions: The Zarn

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Who deserved a shot from Iowa? COR was the best FWD in Iowa and he's not NHL material. The 2 Gerrys (Fitzgerald/Mayhew) had AHL contracts. Anas and Kloos maybe, but they aren't even as good as Schroeder/Ennis are/were.

Hendricks didn't block anybody. The kids in Iowa aren't really good. Just look at the Playoff roster, it's old guys (25+) and the young NHL players that got sent down.
Yes, which is why I said "and I'm not sure that there really were any that point."

Wabit

May 23, 2016
kloos? rau? o'reilly? bitten? several should have been rotated in & out for maybe 5- 7 game stints. (imo) unless that burns up a year of contract which i don't really pay attention to how that works. the purpose is to add new blood & energy.

Have you ever watched COR play in the NHL? He's worse than Hendricks. Rau didn't do much of anything when he's been called up. Kloos doesn't have the skill to make up for his small size. Bitten, maybe, but that was the end of the season when he started to get it and there is different callup rules.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
if i were gm i'd try to always keep one big club roster spot open on the 4th line to rotate / give an iowa player a shot. for motivational purposes if nothing else. i thought it was a mistake to sign brown ; fehr ; Hendricks ; read when plenty of iowa players were waiting / hoping for their shot. bottom line i'd dangle a carrot.
If you were a GM you would have to use fake names and disguises to get job interviews with some of your takes.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
WOW THATS INSIGHTFUL! where can i get a fake id for my next job interview with CL? this is a hockey msg board last time i checked , why don't you share some brilliant ideas instead of rip & bash posters you don't care for? THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU! read the rules.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
WOW THATS INSIGHTFUL! where can i get a fake id for my next job interview with CL? this is a hockey msg board last time i checked , why don't you share some brilliant ideas instead of rip & bash posters you don't care for? THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU! read the rules.

You hate him, because he speaks the truth.

Reactions: SupremeNachos

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I never claimed to know anything more than the people that post here. I was just pointing out that your comments/opinions/ideas up to this point have been unanimously disagreed with that's all. Besides, most of my ideas would involve fake blackmail and glitter.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I never claimed to know anything more than the people that post here. I was just pointing out that your comments/opinions/ideas up to this point have been unanimously disagreed with that's all. Besides, most of my ideas would involve fake blackmail and glitter.

Wait, that's you?

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Nice to see today's blather, rather than discussing things like how Greenway has only 9 shots in 9 AHL playoff games. Or how Donato has only 4 assists in 9 AHL playoff games, whereas the much maligned Charli Coyle has 6 goals and 3 assists in 14 NHL games.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nice to see today's blather, rather than discussing things like how Greenway has only 9 shots in 9 AHL playoff games. Or how Donato has only 4 assists in 9 AHL playoff games, whereas the much maligned Charli Coyle has 6 goals and 3 assists in 14 NHL games.

If Coyle was still in MN he'd have 0 NHL Playoff points, and 0 shots/points in the AHL Playoffs.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

He scored 15 points in 6 YEARS here in the playoffs.

Step off the high horse bud.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Coyle was still in MN he'd have 0 NHL Playoff points, and 0 shots/points in the AHL Playoffs.
Because the Wild didn't make the playoffs, and he wouldn't be playing in Iowa, so...ya.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Why is Greenway playing so poorly? … I'm pretty sure that Greenway's brother, J.D. is staying with Jordon and the two are playing video games all night.
Haven't seen the games but it sounds like he and Donato haven't exactly been super engaged. I sort of hope it's just the difference between college and pro schedules catching up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad