Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 197: Santeri Sulku, Forward, Jokerit U-20 (SM-Sarja)

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
So Bill is saying he was injured this year?

Santeri Sulku (W/C, 2022 Draft, 7/197) The Finnish born, Finnish and Swedish trained teenager was selected by the Flyers with their final pick of the 2022 NHL Entry Draft. Slated to play in Sweden this season for Modo's J20 team, Sulku missed the entire season due to injury. He showed some promise the previous year at the Finnish junior level for Jokerit's J20 team.He will turn 19 on June 13, 2023.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I can't find anything except Charlie's 2022 Dev Camp story saying: Seventh-round draft pick Santeri Sulku also is dealing with an injury (jumper’s knee), but it’s not believed to be especially serious — there was just little reason to push him to be an active participant at camp and risk further injury. What I'm hearing on Oskar Lindblom, Flyers prospect injuries and development camp

Bill said this on Hockeybuzz: "Injured and didn't play at all this past season. He was in Sweden with Modo's junior team but was unable to play"
HockeyBuzz.com - Forums - Bill Meltzer: Quick Hits: Memorial Cup, Flyers Daily, TIFH

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
From what I understand he is without a team right now.

MoDo J20 have played 3x pre-season games and he has not been involved in any. And I believe his contract was only 1-year, so would have expired this summer.

I might be wrong as could not directly confirm, but that seems most likely as things stand.
While Modo never sent out any confirmation of the fact, their statement when the verdict came was that if it stood after any appeals they would terminate the contract.

So I'd be inclined to say that he was not
part of their organisation at all last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Appleyard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Allegations of sexual assault, but if he's been cleared to play this year . . .

This is on your European scout(s) to do the leg work, obviously, no one in NA would have a clue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad