Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 197: Santeri Sulku, Forward, Jokerit U-20 (SM-Sarja)

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
He's 6'4. Probably was one of the tallest people left. They probably didn't care where he was playing.

Thats probably one of the most heartbreaking (sports-wise) things you can hear at that age. "Yo here is the team that wants to give you a chance to fullfill your dream. We have no f***ing clue who you are. But you big."

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Haven't seen him but this is a reasonable profile to draft in the 7th round. Hard to trust their overall process though.

Going to play in Sweden next year which is a bit odd.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
There's nothing wrong with this pick on paper, which is all I can speak towards. But tell me with a straight face the Flyers didn't have a size agenda this draft. Brent Flahr is clapping like a seal at a job well done.

It does say he's a dual citizen, and he played in the Brynas organization in the u16s.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Haven't seen him but this is a reasonable profile to draft in the 7th round. Hard to trust their overall process though.

There is some uncertainty with Jokerit because they left the KHL, wonder if that had something to do with it. Although, their junior system always remained in Finland

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
There is some uncertainty with Jokerit because they left the KHL, wonder if that had something to do with it. Although, their junior system always remained in Finland
They usually get loaned out to different Finnish clubs though and stay in the Finnish system. But as Magua said, he has played in Sweden before.

Also a bit odd he didn't rep Finland at either u18 event this year.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There's nothing wrong with this pick on paper, which is all I can speak towards. But tell me with a straight face the Flyers didn't have a size agenda this draft. Brent Flahr is clapping like a seal at a job well done.

It does say he's a dual citizen, and he played in the Brynas organization in the u16s.

Not a single cute player to be found.

• Wow
Reactions: Magua

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Can someone tell me if this is him? 😂

I dunno if it is or not, but is that clip supposed to be impressive or something? I saw better rollerblading hockey skills from randos in the movie Airborne in the early 1990s. Can't he be rollerblading down a stadium ramp or jumping a truck or something?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I dunno if it is or not, but is that clip supposed to be impressive or something? I saw better rollerblading hockey skills from randos in the movie Airborne in the early 1990s. Can't he be rollerblading down a stadium ramp or jumping a truck or something?
Is there any info on how far he can drive a golf ball? I am assuming that, as a European, he is automatically amphibian, which is very athletic.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Seems like he hasn't played any hockey this season?

Hasn’t been confirmed but legal issues apparently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad