Prospect Info: Round 4, 120th overall: Alex Ciernik, F, Södertälje SK (HockeyAllsvenskan)

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Screenshot_20230629_125830.jpg

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Alex Ciernik, born on October 8th, 2004, from Wolfsburg, Germany, is a forward playing in Sweden. Ciernik, the 5’10” and 179 pound winger, despite being born in Germany, has played for Slovakia internationally. The 18-year-old has played between two Swedish leagues, with three teams. Playing between the J20 Nationell and the Allsvenskan, playing for Sodertalje (J20 and Allsvenskan) and Vasterviks IK (Allsvenskan). Across 18 J20 games, he scored nine goals and 12 assists for 21 points. Meanwhile, across 25 total Allsvenskan games, he scored three goals and nine assists for 12 points. He played better, production-wise, after being loaned out to Vasterviks.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
As a STH of Södertälje I've seen quite a bit of him. I like him and thought he should've been given more chances here last season ahead of some of the NA skaters they had taking space. Shifty, good hands in tight spaces and good IQ. Got more playing time in Västervik where he was loaned out to and did well there as well playing in their top 6 and PP1.

He won't be returning to Södertälje next season but rumour has it he'll be going to Västervik. I think that would be good for him to have a full season of, essentially guaranteed, top 6 minutes and PP time.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"No matter where he plays, he has managed to stick out by being one of the fastest and most skilled players on the ice at all times. Some have even said he could be the best skater in the 2023 Draft class, along with Oliver Moore and Tom Willander."

what-chris-farley.gif

He's going to be playing opposite of either Michkov or Binksy. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd BOOM goes the erection.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Here is THW writeup on him. They loved him:

One of the writers thought he could sneak into the 1st round. Seems has high end offensive skill set. Needs to work on defense.

Turning into my non 1st round favorite player. Interested to see how he progresses.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Really great value pick at 120, I had him late first/early 2nd. There's maybe a handful of players in the whole draft who are better skaters, he has great hands, very good playmaker as well as possessing a deadly shot. Who know if he puts it all together, but there is a lot to work with.

My team, by comparison, drafted an overage forward with 13 goals in the OHL this year, they thought that was more compelling value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad