Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 54: Emil Andrae, D, HV71 (SHL)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That's good, b/c I think Zamula deserves a shot to start, and I think they'd prefer to move York to LHD (which he likes better than RHD), so you'd want Andrae on the 1st pair in LHV rather than sitting on the bench in Philly. Even if you leave York at RHD, who is worthy of the 1LHD spot?

York - Walker
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Seeler/Staal

Andrae - Attard
Ginning - Grans
Mlllman/Mete - Samson/Belpedio

to start the season at LHV?

Andrae - York
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Attard

to finish the season?

Bonk in the wings, and good bet one of those 1st rd picks next summer is used on a D-man.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
That's good, b/c I think Zamula deserves a shot to start, and I think they'd prefer to move York to LHD (which he likes better than RHD), so you'd want Andrae on the 1st pair in LHV rather than sitting on the bench in Philly. Even if you leave York at RHD, who is worthy of the 1LHD spot?

York - Walker
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Seeler/Staal

Andrae - Attard
Ginning - Grans

Andrae - York
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Attard

to finish the season?

Bonk in the wings, and good bet one of those 1st rd picks next summer is used on a D-man.
no matter how many times you type it Zamula will not be in the top 6 unless an injury or trade. There is zero path for him in the top 6 to start. Why do you refuse to recognize this?

Andrae top pair by end of the season. I will cover any and all bets on that.

So walker staal and Seeler all gone by end of the season. I will cover and and all bets on that as well. Wont shock me if only Walker is moved

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

York - Walker
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Seeler/Staal

Andrae - Attard
Ginning - Grans

Andrae - York
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Attard

to finish the season?

That's never happening. This is the Flyers.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023

York - Walker
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Seeler/Staal

Andrae - Attard
Ginning - Grans

Andrae - York
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula - Attard

to finish the season?

I have a feeling they keep Risto and Seeler together, Walker and Staal are probably the third pair and York and Sanheim make up the first pair, maybe they can develop some kind of chemistry this year, Sandy needs to have a big turn around season, that fkn contract is diarrhea. But i doubt Andrae and York are the top pair at the end of the year.

Millman is probably the odd man out in lehigh, Samson is going to win minutes and impress everyone. Ill be watching every Phantoms game this year, they'll also have JR Avon and Gendron, Tuomaala is coming over too, Brink and Desnoyers are probably starting the year down there, its gonna be some fun games again

• Love
Reactions: captainpaxil

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Who knows with Andrae? So far he's had a solid career trajectory, the question with prospects is always where the ceiling is, the point where they flatline and become the player they'll generally be the rest of their career. We've seen that with Provorov and Sanheim, ignoring their struggles last year, they both have flatlined as 2nd pair D-men and are unlikely to rise above that level.

York and Andrae are still unknowns. is York a legitimate 1st pair guy like he looked last season or was that a SSS fluke? And there's even more uncertainty with Andrae.

I think they keep Sanheim and Risto together, Sanheim is the puck handler, but needs a stay at home physical partner to retrieve him the puck and cover for his physical limitations n the D-zone. Question is whether Risto can transition to being a reliable defensive defenseman who fills that role - but until Bonk arrives, they have no other D-man who fits other than maybe Walker. York - Sanheim would work against Tort's desire for York to be more aggressive on offense since Sanheim doesn't have much value if he's not the primary puck handler.

Next year?
York - Bonk
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula/Andrae/Attard

Sanheim is almost unmoveable with that contract unless he has a big rebound, and they're still thin at RHD if Walker is traded at the TDL, so I don't think they move Risto until they find a replacement. Plus, without Risto, this group is grossly undersized, so I think they'll be looking for an upgrade who is also physical with a higher hockey IQ.

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Who knows with Andrae? So far he's had a solid career trajectory, the question with prospects is always where the ceiling is, the point where they flatline and become the player they'll generally be the rest of their career. We've seen that with Provorov and Sanheim, ignoring their struggles last year, they both have flatlined as 2nd pair D-men and are unlikely to rise above that level.

York and Andrae are still unknowns. is York a legitimate 1st pair guy like he looked last season or was that a SSS fluke? And there's even more uncertainty with Andrae.

I think they keep Sanheim and Risto together, Sanheim is the puck handler, but needs a stay at home physical partner to retrieve him the puck and cover for his physical limitations n the D-zone. Question is whether Risto can transition to being a reliable defensive defenseman who fills that role - but until Bonk arrives, they have no other D-man who fits other than maybe Walker. York - Sanheim would work against Tort's desire for York to be more aggressive on offense since Sanheim doesn't have much value if he's not the primary puck handler.

Next year?
York - Bonk
Sanheim - Risto
Zamula/Andrae/Attard

Sanheim is almost unmoveable with that contract unless he has a big rebound, and they're still thin at RHD if Walker is traded at the TDL, so I don't think they move Risto until they find a replacement. Plus, without Risto, this group is grossly undersized, so I think they'll be looking for an upgrade who is also physical with a higher hockey IQ.
good God man. Bonk top pair next season? The fact you also think they will not have some vet guy in that group is funny as well.

They cant move Risto as no one will want him. Without Risto they are no better or no worse.

Sanheim is a top pair Dman many have said. He should be very easy to move!!!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Someone has to play across from York. Who do you suggest? Sanheim is a questionable fit? Risto? Attard?
You play who you have, Islanders one year had Streit - AMac as their first pair.

Reactions: sregdoor

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Someone has to play across from York. Who do you suggest? Sanheim is a questionable fit? Risto? Attard?
You play who you have, Islanders one year had Streit - AMac as their first pair.

Why is Sanheim a questionable fit? Especially considering your idea of "fit" (which matches the Flyers' by pure coincidence) has been wrong every single year.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The guy who thinks we used to heinously overate our own prospects has Andrea playing on the top pair by the end of the season.
And had 25 minute a night Travis Sanheim playing behind York and Walker and the rookie Andrae over the course of the season. :biglaugh:

Sanheim is a top pair Dman many have said. He should be very easy to move!!!
No reason to move a top pair dman signed long term at only $6.25m, jack.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sanheim is better this year (with those new muscles :punk:)
Though the pair has been a bit shaky the last three games, so I'm not sold yet.

1st pair, 2nd pair is only meaningful when you have a clear demarcation, right now Flyers have 3 top 4 D-men, you can make a case that Walker has played as well as Sanheim and York. After that, big dropoff.

It would simplify things if Sanheim can stay on the right side, but we'll see, still SSS.
In any case, they really need Bonk to be a reliable RHD, who can partner with Andrae, or if they split up York and Sanheim, on a top 4 pair down the road.
They have to decide at some point to trade or extend Walker. Could keep him to buy time for kids.
Ideally, Risto will be 3RHD, and later this season, Andrae will push Zamula out of the 2LHD spot.

This is supposedly a deep D-man draft, hopefully they can pick up one.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Sanheim is better this year (with those new muscles :punk:)
Though the pair has been a bit shaky the last three games, so I'm not sold yet.

1st pair, 2nd pair is only meaningful when you have a clear demarcation, right now Flyers have 3 top 4 D-men, you can make a case that Walker has played as well as Sanheim and York. After that, big dropoff.

It would simplify things if Sanheim can stay on the right side, but we'll see, still SSS.
In any case, they really need Bonk to be a reliable RHD, who can partner with Andrae, or if they split up York and Sanheim, on a top 4 pair down the road.
They have to decide at some point to trade or extend Walker. Could keep him to buy time for kids.
Ideally, Risto will be 3RHD, and later this season, Andrae will push Zamula out of the 2LHD spot.

This is supposedly a deep D-man draft, hopefully they can pick up one.
Zamula is clearly better than Andrae right now

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Zamula is clearly better than Andrae right now
vvvvv
I didn't see much of either last year but I liked Zamula better at the same age. I don't think he's going to get the same chance Andrae will though.

Zamula to me always had more potential as a role player in the likely scenario that he wouldn't be a PP contributor (funny enough he was on the Opening night PP last year lol). Just does the little transition things better and more consistently. The natural reach advantage doesn't hurt either as a disruptor.

Andrae will get a chance to run a PP sooner or later and that could obviously be a big swing in his favor, so I'll stop short of making definitive statements, but a lot has to go right for Andrae to hit his potential imo.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Andrae is faster than Zamula, and leverage is less of an issue.
The more I see of Zamula, the more I see 3rd pair as his upside.
He just lacks any special quality.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It would be nice if our prospects would step up and make that unnecessary.
Unfortunately, so far Zamula's been outplayed at LHD by both Staal and Seeler (Seeler has struggled on the right side).
Zamula has flashed, but has also been inconsistent defensively.
But not a lot of alternatives in LHV, Mete, Ginning, Millman. Andrae clearly wasn't ready.

So Zamula has time to solidify a starting spot, it's up to him to seize the opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad