Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not this guy. Its going to take him.some time. Even when he finally makes the NHL the idea that he will come right in and carry the load for a contending team is probably wishful thinking. All the more reason to add a decent goalie and to not buy into the idea that Elliott/Neuvirth are/were just place holders for Hart.
There were people calling Patrick a bust a few weeks in to last season. Some people are just dumb.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lyon has a really small NHL sample size, but I think he did enough to avoid being put on waivers In October.

Unless he's bad at training camp.

But he has a nice AHL PO sample size, and from what I've looked at, AHL PO translates better to the NHL than AHL regular season.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
i want carter hart to succeed but if he plays behind this defense, it's going to be a problem. if hextall keeps the two picks and god forgid morin stays healthy, he should use them both on defensemen because we are still weak at that position. provy, sanaheim, ghost are good players but they need more to get better.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
i want carter hart to succeed but if he plays behind this defense, it's going to be a problem. if hextall keeps the two picks and god forgid morin stays healthy, he should use them both on defensemen because we are still weak at that position. provy, sanaheim, ghost are good players but they need more to get better.

Incorrect.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Damn dude, I just realized that he had more shutouts than losses this season. Maybe that isn't as impressive as I think, but has that ever happened before for a starter?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Eh, if he is truly an elite goalie it won't have that type of impact. An elite goalie can make up for bad defense (and vice versa). Obviously, he may not be a Vezina-type goalie every year with a shitty defense, but if he is as good as we hope he will still be good enough. If the defense improves and he is as good as we think, the sky is the limit.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Wrong. This defense is just fine:

Corsica,
xGA/60, (5x5) Flyers were 7th in the NHL
xGA/60, (PK) Flyers were 4th in the NHL
So that "shoddy" defense isn't giving up a lot of good shots.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Corsica,
The goaltenders certainly gave up an unbelievable number of horribly weak goals.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

They already got better when Hextall said he isnt bringing Manning back.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Corsica,

Go watch the 54 PK goals conceded by the Flyers in 17-18, starting with opening night against San Jose where Weise fails miserably on a clearing attempt, and a Shark skates unopposed into the top of the circle and picks the corner while another Shark screens the goalie. The defense was downright laughable and Elliott had zero chance to make a save.

Philadelphia Flyers Schedule

Last edited:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

In Provo, Ghost and Sanheim we have 3/4 of our top four locked up for years now. We need the other three, and Myers, Hagg, Freidman and the Europeans will probably cover that.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Carey Price didnt break .920 until his 4th season. also that 4th year he broke under 2.50 GAA for the first time.
young goalies usually take some time to start playing up to their potential. Sure he could come in right away and perform at a high level right from the start. I am keeping expectations low for him his first couple of NHL seasons anyway.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Probably the biggest question is what do the Flyers heading into the season. Carter Hart should be a good goalie but it'll probably take him a while to get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad