Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 34: Bobby Brink, RW, Sioux City (USHL) --> Denver (signed 4/10/22)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I was disappointed in what I saw from Brink in the Frozen Four. Not sure how he led the nation in scoring. Obviously, he is skilled, but I'm expecting him to struggle adjusting to the NHL, since he wasn't at his best against heightened competition in the NCAA playoffs.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I was disappointed in what I saw from Brink in the Frozen Four. Not sure how he led the nation in scoring. Obviously, he is skilled, but I'm expecting him to struggle adjusting to the NHL, since he wasn't at his best against heightened competition in the NCAA playoffs.
So he's now going to kill it in the NHL :naughty::naughty:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I hope he does. Mind you, I'm not saying he won't be a good player. Just that I think he'll struggle at first.
I wouldn't bet against him, high IQ and ice vision, and he's a very good passer.
If you're looking for end to end rushes, wrong guy, but if you want someone who can see the opportunity and make a quick pass to set up a scoring opportunity . . .

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Saying he is going to struggle isn't really going out on a limb here. But I wouldn't really put to much stock into his play in one game and even in that game he and his line were dangerous just a little snake bit. He played well in all the games and was very responsible. He did slow down the last 7 or 8 games of the season, but he contributes in other ways he's not just an offensive player. My concern is that Tom Wilson is going to try and welcome him to the NHL in some illegal way, boarding, cross-checking to the face, etc.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Saying he is going to struggle isn't really going out on a limb here. But I wouldn't really put to much stock into his play in one game and even in that game he and his line were dangerous just a little snake bit. He played well in all the games and was very responsible. He did slow down the last 7 or 8 games of the season, but he contributes in other ways he's not just an offensive player. My concern is that Tom Wilson is going to try and welcome him to the NHL in some illegal way, boarding, cross-checking to the face, etc.

I think it's worth pointing out that he's gonna have to adapt to a lot of stuff, as a lot of people tend to forget that and then do silly things. Like labeling players a bust with under a season worth of games played.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I wouldn't bet against him, high IQ and ice vision, and he's a very good passer.
If you're looking for end to end rushes, wrong guy, but if you want someone who can see the opportunity and make a quick pass to set up a scoring opportunity . . .
I'm not betting against him. I liked taking him in the 30s, and still do.

I'm just saying I don't expect him to jump straight from NCAA to the NHL at age 20 and be an immediate impact NHLer. At least not from what I saw in the NCAA playoffs.

I expect an adjustment period and some early struggles. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and he's great out of the gate.

If he makes an immediate impact, I expect it will be on the power play. But even there, I'm going to temper initial expectations.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
One thing about Brink that I've got to come out and say....

He unfortunately reminds me a bit of Pat Falloon.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I’m weird I write right handed, throw left handed, hockey right handed baseball and golf left handed

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
They've mentioned that his ELC starts this year. That doesn't mean we've burned a year of it for the sake of 10 games have we?
Still worth it, imo. This is a good time to get some NHL experience and earn a spot for next season.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
They've mentioned that his ELC starts this year. That doesn't mean we've burned a year of it for the sake of 10 games have we?
That's what happens with most college players. Teams either agree to that or run the risk of losing them entirely. I'm not sure what his college credits status is, but he's in his 3rd year. I think once a player graduates they can become a FA 30 days after graduation. So if he's a year away he could have become a FA after next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad