Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 34: Bobby Brink, RW, Sioux City (USHL) --> Denver (signed 4/10/22)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Anyone who watches these games - as opposed to looking at box scores to see points scored - should know that we would have been better off setting fire to those 50 million dollars than giving them to that f***ing mutt and being stuck with him and all his pals for the balance of our lives. He's f***ing trash.
Trash that leeches off the hard work of his far superior linemates and does almost nothing to create for himself or others.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Anyone who watches these games - as opposed to looking at box scores to see points scored - should know that we would have been better off setting fire to those 50 million dollars than giving them to that f***ing mutt and being stuck with him and all his pals for the balance of our lives. He's f***ing trash.

Trash that leeches off the hard work of his far superior linemates and does almost nothing to create for himself or others.

Shit garbage who gives the "group" fleas and rabies. He's good in the room, but only if you want the room to have an infestation.

We're talking Kevin Hayes, right?

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Allison doesn't exist

If we move JVR
I think Atkinson or Foerstor could move to the left.
Even KONECNY has played LW.

I dont think Lindblom is in their future plans.

Maybe they bring in Gaudreau too.

Farabee -- Couturier -- Brink

Cates -- Frost -- Konecny

Atkinson -- Hayes -- Tippett

Laughton -- Desnoyers / Laszcynski --Allison

(Lindblom) (Gaudreau) - Could be used to push one of the kids out.

NOT Sure if I forgot anyone. But it's possible.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
NYT says nobody is sure why, but I thought the general consensus is that due to baseball Americans do hockey the way they do.

A couple of the more serious/skilled hockeyers I've known actually learned to play Canadian style for more precise control. And another guy who was a big dman stayed American style because he was able to shoot a lot harder that way and wasn't worried about precision.
I am American, right handed and played hockey as a left shot defenseman. It gave me better opportunities to play as one of 2-3 lefty shots on the team early on. In Canada players are taught to use their strong dominate hand on the butt end of the stick for better control. In the US baseball dictates the opposite. as a youngster I played either hand, but when we played in my basement, there was a staircase that inhibited the right hand from one side. When we played there, it was always one on one or two on two with a small saw horse for a goal and no goalie. As the home guy I always let my friends play on the easy right side, and I played the left side left handed. I found that I could handle the ball better that way. My shot developed later when I was already switched to lefty. When I played ice hockey, I was the only lefty shot dman and had a pretty good slappper, so from my second year on, I started to get more pp time. Smart move to play lefty in the States, however, that RH shot is better for the NHL due to numbers.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The flyers sent out a tweet announcing the signing of college draft pick Bobby Brink. What they failed to mention in the press release is that he's 5-foot-8, 159 pounds.
I doubt he's seen 159 lbs for 4 years.
EP has him as 5'9 163, which are probably his draft measurements at 18, I'd bet looking at him that he's now north of 180 lbs.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Glad to hear he's signed. He should finish the year with the flyers and burn a year off his elc.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I doubt he's seen 159 lbs for 4 years.
EP has him as 5'9 163, which are probably his draft measurements at 18, I'd bet looking at him that he's now north of 180 lbs.
superman-missed-the-joke.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
All our rookies have numbers in the 40s it seems,
York 45
Brink 46
Attard 47
Frost 48
Cates 49

of course
Farabee 86
Tippett 74

Guess you have to be a star like MacEwen to get a low number.

Reactions: Harold Bingo

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Yay for the signing, but I bet this will make Uncle Chuckles try to move Konecny even harder now.

As he should. Reality is the team didn’t win this year. Are they a playoff team with Couts and Ellis likely but not a threat this year. If you can make a hockey deal for Koneckny it should be explored. He is a complimentary player not a needle mover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad