Pre-Game Talk: Round 2: Lights of Broadway versus Hurricane Sandy

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
In my experience many of the fans I've met from traditional hockey markets like Boston, New York, Chicago etc really only talk hockey during playoffs, or when their team is doing well. They rarely know much about what's actually going on around the league.
Ah, so UNC fans...you can hear a pin drop a mile away when they are losing a game, but start to get loud finally when they're within 2 points. Also trash talk when they win but act like they forgot there was a game when they lose

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I hope Raanta continues to shine. Even though I am nervous about this series it is going to be interesting. The team with the former Rangers vs the current Rangers. The Canes have what, 5 former Rangers on their roster right now.

You don't see that often.

Yes, we played well vs NY this season but I do not think Raanta started any of those games. The Canes just got to play them like they did this season and I would think we would be fine. We dominated NY this season...but we dominated Boston too and look how close that series was. Don't want a repeat here. The good thing is if by some reason this goes 7 games we at least have the home ice advantage.

I don't really know why people are giving the edge to NY this series in goal. Yes, they have Shesterkin, whom is a Vezina candidate, but he struggled against us this season in his two starts. He was hardly Vezina vs us.

Raanta played well vs Boston and I'm confident he can keep that going this round and you know he's going to want to play well knowing it's against his former team. Ala Nedelkovich and Forsberg vs us this season.

Hoping his struggles vs Carolina this season continues in this round.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Ah, so UNC fans...you can hear a pin drop a mile away when they are losing a game, but start to get loud finally when they're within 2 points. Also trash talk when they win but act like they forgot there was a game when they lose

There's more casuals among the UNC fanbase, so that's not a huge surprise.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
My experience with fellow Coyotes fans is that because we're a non-traditional market, if you're into hockey, you're really into hockey. There's hardly such a thing as a "casual" hockey fan in Arizona. It's like being a hockey fan is a secret club you have to go out of your way to find. So, if anything, that makes Rangers fans the filthy casuals.

Would you say that's remotely similar to being a Hurricanes fan?

Close enough. Hockey fans in general are more often than not going to have at least some understanding of the other teams that they don't follow. This isn't like the NBA where people latch onto superstars and claim to be a "die-hard fan" of said team superstar plays for despite not-knowing the bench players

I would probably say that the likes of us/Yotes/Panthers etc. are probably going to be a little more hardcore than we're given credit for. I mean we post on HFBoards for crying out loud, we obviously like Hockey, right?

Reactions: Summer Rose

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Close enough. Hockey fans in general are more often than not going to have at least some understanding of the other teams that they don't follow. This isn't like the NBA where people latch onto superstars and claim to be a "die-hard fan" of said team superstar plays for despite not-knowing the bench players

I would probably say that the likes of us/Yotes/Panthers etc. are probably going to be a little more hardcore than we're given credit for. I mean we post on HFBoards for crying out loud, we obviously like Hockey, right?
wait this is a hockey webzone???

Reactions: Summer Rose

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Food with thread.

0001250_usda-prime-dry-aged-boneless-rib-roasts_882.jpeg

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Thats my Christmas day go to. Sous vide in salt pepper butter and garlic to 125. Sear on BGE at 600 with Rockwood charcoal. Rest for 1 hour.

Resistance is futile, embrace assimilation. Walk into the light.

We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en français, appuyez le "2."

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
So, what am I supposed to do if the Bolts and Canes play each other in the ECF?
Ditch those losers from Tampa and just hang with us, we are more fun anyway. Just think the food is better, we sometimes meet behind the nearest Bojangles for fisticuffs (but we can't talk about it, its the first rule) our colors are much better and finally lightning sometimes hits the ground and causes damage most of the time its just flashes across the sky. Every Hurricanes brings destruction the only question is how much!

Reactions: Tryamw

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Ditch those losers from Tampa and just hang with us, we are more fun anyway. Just think the food is better, we sometimes meet behind the nearest Bojangles for fisticuffs (but we can't talk about it, its the first rule) our colors are much better and finally lightning sometimes hits the ground and causes damage most of the time its just flashes across the sky. Every Hurricanes brings destruction the only question is how much!

If I dared to root for the Canes over the Bolts in the ECF, I might be risking a divorce.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad