Series Talk: Round 2: Leafs vs. Panthers

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It’s not a ‘Tailgate’ if it’s not in a parking lot.
Not sure what you call it, a watch party?
I agree. But at least they are trying.

Stupid Canadian laws will prevent you from bring your own beer and probably charge 15 bucks for 1, plus can't cook your own food. So really it's not great.

But it is fun to hang out with a crowd and cheer for the Leafs

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
How is there still not a POLL on this thread! @stickty111

Here’s a pole!

1682984144223.gif

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I agree. But at least they are trying.

Stupid Canadian laws will prevent you from bring your own beer and probably charge 15 bucks for 1, plus can't cook your own food. So really it's not great.

But it is fun to hang out with a crowd and cheer for the Leafs
100%. Wish they had it when I was young.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Banned the leaf fans? wow
who do they think they are?
Will there be enough florida fans to fill the arena? is that possible?

Leafs fans in America will still be there

Florida didn’t have a single definitive edge over the Bruins either.

Playoffs are wild, anything can happen. But yeah, if I had to put some money down I’d say Leafs in 6.

Yeah they did, a healthy top 2 centers and a healthy goalie(s). I have no clue why they didn't play Swayman until game 7 but it clearly cost them. Bergeron played with a herniated disk , Krejci was also hurt and their team was also getting over a sickness at the beginning of the series. All the credit to Florida still but we likely just beat a better team than they did.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
The X factor is playoff hockey with beer, palm trees and hot weather. I will go to Tampa Bay every year for games 3 and 4. It is just alot of fun.

Florida, I have never been (Sunrise)... I do hear they give away a free hot dog with a ticket purchase.
Tongue in cheek comment by me. Against the leafs regular season game in december it was 200usd for glass side a several years ago. There was no deal for the games against habs or leafs. But they were advertising a package for 50 bucks, I remember you got two beer, 1 free hot dog, 1 free t shirt and THREE games

It included Dallas as one of the teams, bot sure the other two. All I remember was “damn, they’re trying to give these away”

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kind of funny that Florida banned Leafs fans from attending their home games. They're trying so hard to pretend that MLSE doesn't subsidize the very existence of their poverty franchise.

They didn't ban Leafs fan. They just remove the ability to buy tickets if you dont have a US address.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Release the rest of the friggin schedule already. How was it not instantly posted as soon as the Devils won.

Reactions: Buds17

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Something is changing in the hockey world.
We are actually witnessing a changing of the guard.

The old eastern powers (bruins, lightning, capitals, rangers, islanders, penguins)are vanishing and fading.

The new generation of contending teams in the east (leafs, hurricanes, devils, panthers) are now coming of age and taking over. The Sabres and the Senators will join this group next year or in two years. They just need a legit goaltender.

Last edited:

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Credit card billing address, not IP.

Every time teams do something like this it backfires. As this one will. Because now it's a dare, right? Crowds gonna be like 50/50 now lol..
They’re probably doing it to keep all the Sens fans out who want to support their fellow Canadian team. ;-)

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
We are actually witnessing a changing of the guard.

The old eastern powers (bruins, lightning, capitals, rangers, islanders, penguins)are vanishing and fading.

The new generation of contending teams in the east (leafs, hurricanes, devils, panthers) are now coming of age and taking over. The Sabres and the Senators will join this group next year or in two years. They just need a legit goaltender.
Hurricanes have made noise in the playoffs for a while. Rangers other than last year's playoffs haven't had a ton of success in recent years.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
My optimistic takes on the morn of the 2nd round.

Leafs are a better team than they showed in Rd.1. We won. Sure, that is all that counts. But we had a few bad games in there. We were dominated in our own zone a lot. Why? Tampa was actually really good. 80% of other teams would have lost that series. Tough, talented, well coached recent champions. The reduction to a few key roster spots didn’t slow them down at all. They rope-a-doped the regular season to conserve energy. But Sammy came up big in key moments and best players were better than theirs at key moments.

Panthers are a team running on adrenaline and momentum from a 2 month playoff push. They will experience a natural letdown after experiencing the euphoria of knocking off the Cup favourite and historical reg season team. It might not be game 1 or 2 , but by game 4 they won’t have much left. Especially their weak D. If we lose a game on home ice the first 2 games it might be the last loss of the series for the leafs.

I’ll probably post my pessimistic takes after tonight.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
My optimistic takes on the morn of the 2nd round.

Leafs are a better team than they showed in Rd.1. We won. Sure, that is all that counts. But we had a few bad games in there. We were dominated in our own zone a lot. Why? Tampa was actually really good. 80% of other teams would have lost that series. Tough, talented, well coached recent champions. The reduction to a few key roster spots didn’t slow them down at all. They rope-a-doped the regular season to conserve energy. But Sammy came up big in key moments and best players were better than theirs at key moments.

Panthers are a team running on adrenaline and momentum from a 2 month playoff push. They will experience a natural letdown after experiencing the euphoria of knocking off the Cup favourite and historical reg season team. It might not be game 1 or 2 , but by game 4 they won’t have much left. Especially their weak D. If we lose a game on home ice the first 2 games it might be the last loss of the series for the leafs.

I’ll probably post my pessimistic takes after tonight.
Perhaps a bit too optimistic, but not unreasonable. And the bolded is spot on IMO, very well said, TB was a super tough opponent.

The good news is that it seems like our next two opponents will be easier and since we were able to beat TB, there's no reason we can't keep going until the cup finals. The players of course can't be thinking about this, they need to not look beyond tonight because they can't just show up and expect to win, FLA's going to battle hard just as you'd expect from any team in the final 8. Fans are entitled to look ahead though and the bottom line is that the Leafs are favored to win this series, they'll probably be favored to win the next series and make it to the cup final for the first time since I started watching hockey over 50 years ago. Exciting stuff!

GLG!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2