Series Talk: Round 2: Leafs vs. Panthers

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Home teams are only 18-31 overall, so 18-26 without Wes, which is still barely 40%.

No team has won all their home games. Two (Winnipeg 0-2 and Tampa 0-3) have lost them all.

Toronto (3-0) and Vegas (2-0) have won all their road games. Nobody has lost them all.

(The latter paragraph being an obvious corollary to the former.)

Does this mean that Wes' hatred isn't so much against the Leafs as it is against home fans?
Just wants sheer panic at the home crowd :laugh:

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Expanded tailgate area:

2023_Tailgate_Map-29b1280252.png

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Need more from Marner and Nylander. Disappointments in game 6. The long pass turnovers from these 2 could have sent us to a game 7

Also Boston did not choke in the way to make it seem like panthers were inferior. Panthers earned those 3 wins in a row Boston didn't throw the games away. Treat them like under dogs and we lose. They are not inferior.

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019
I don’t think the leafs will take any team lightly and they saw Florida a bunch before the end of the season so they know what they are up against. Keefe needs to have the boys ready for another battle. Should see Matthew’s and marner have more space to dominate. Knies watch is on this kid is itching to break into the goal column. LETS FFFFFFFFFN GO!

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I've liked Lafferty's forechecking a ton, but admittedly he didn't get much done in the first series.
Lafferty is the 13th forward. If there’s an injury he subs in.

This board would be losing it if Keefe did this haha, so at least Keefe > Montgomery
Then why wasn’t Swayman in the lineup to start the series?

The narrative doesn’t add up here.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
Sure, I agree the value is different with what you get there vs. here in terms of seat location, I'm just saying the whole 'it's cheaper to fly down to Florida than get into the game in Toronto' just isn't accurate.
I think we are making different points.
Also I think you guys are talking specifically from the point of view of someone who lives in the GTA. From Regina, picking up cheaper tickets in FLA and flying there looks like it would be significantly lower overall cost.
Also I think you guys are talking specifically from the point of view of someone who lives in the GTA. From Regina, picking up cheaper tickets in FLA and flying there looks like it would be significantly lower overall cost.
Yup! I was going to say simialr but didn’t want to say where I live

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Hope Keefe has an answer to the Florida forecheck. They play a similar way to Tampa except they are even faster.
Florida doesn't stuff up the neutral zone the way Tampa does. If all goes good offense is gonna come much easier for us in this series than vs Tampa.

Reactions: authentic

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I don't think this is going to be a cakewalk by any means. There's the baseline respect you need to give the Panthers for clowning on Boston, but they also play extremely aggressive on the forecheck. Their ozone play against Boston was literally hug the Boston defense until they turn the puck over, fast short pass to an open man, shoot, score. That's going to be a headache for this team, and while I think we do well at clearing the net front, that style also takes pressure off the points, and Montour loves sliding off the point with a very dangerous shot.

Where I like us is that Florida really doesn't have the horses on the backend, in the bottom 6, or in net to smother our own offense. Toronto is perfectly happy winning 5 goal games. Yeah Bob might goalie us but I don't think there's a reason to expect that above the baseline chance that any goalie can play scorching hot for a series. I'm optimistic for a win but I'm expecting Florida to make it painful. They'll put some numbers up in at least one game.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I think we are making different points.

Yup! I was going to say simialr but didn’t want to say where I live
The X factor is playoff hockey with beer, palm trees and hot weather. I will go to Tampa Bay every year for games 3 and 4. It is just alot of fun.

Florida, I have never been (Sunrise)... I do hear they give away a free hot dog with a ticket purchase.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
One thing Americans do way better than us.

Bills tailgates are epic.

Even going to games in Nashville and Carolina are insane.

Good for Toronto for trying
It’s not a ‘Tailgate’ if it’s not in a parking lot.
Not sure what you call it, a watch party?

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
It WILL be a tough series, but there's really not a single area that I'd give Florida a definitive edge over the Leafs, other than having a heavier forecheck among their forwards

Leafs in 6
Florida didn’t have a single definitive edge over the Bruins either.

Playoffs are wild, anything can happen. But yeah, if I had to put some money down I’d say Leafs in 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad