GDT: Panthers @ Leafs. Game 1 Tuesday 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
We've already beaten the best team in Florida, let's clean the whole state out.

Should be a hard fought series, the Panthers played relentless hockey to win against Boston and they're going to be just as eager to end our dreams. That's a lot of momentum going for them, but we have our own momentum working for us. Should be an entertaining tilt, it's ours to lose.

Can't wait to see McCabe flatten Tkachuk. Leafs in 6.

GO LEAFS GO!

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
If Bob gives out rebounds like he did on that 3rd Bruins goal, the Leafs are going to light him up. But the Panthers team is no joke. They've got scorers, they come at you and they are definitely persistent.

Going to be a real test for both teams to re-focus quickly after hugely emotional first series wins.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Starting Tuesday is to the Leafs advantage IMO.

I would expect the same lineup from game 6.

I don't know about that. I think they went 11/7 because they didn't trust Liljegren or Gus enough to let them take that spot for the whole game in a series clincher.

I think it will be a standard 12-6 lineup with Liljegren as the 6th D...but there is also an off chance where Keefe gives Holl another chance (I would not do that until Liljegren makes a mistake to lose that spot).

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Getting that first W in the second round would be big for the team’s confidence.

Hopefully they bring the needed effort .. Florida out a lot of emotion into Sunday’s game. The Leafs have had the extra day of rest at home, a good start to out Florida on their heels positions themselves well.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Keefe has been riding Holl hard for the past few seasons. I can't see him being left out of game one.
And if they lose game 1 and ultimately the series because of Holl's likely mistakes , that's a fireable offense. This isn't house league hockey where everyone gets a turn. Keefe needs to grow a pair and play his best players (just as he did in game 6 vs tampa).

Reactions: DirkStraun

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Earlier in the season sitting Holl was not a viable option. We didn’t have the right defenders to ensure the PK wouldn’t suffer as a result. Having Schenn and McCabe here now, that no longer is a concern, and Holl should not get back in unless Liljegren plays his way out. And I’m not talking one mistake.

Holl made at least a dozen costly mistakes before he got pulled.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
What did you guys think of Gus in game 6? I thought he was pretty decent..

I don't think he was bad or anything, didn't notice him much, but I just remember him flubbing a "point shot" on the PP when the score was 1-1 and TBL almost scored on the way out. I don't know what he was thinking.

Reactions: 7even and TMLeafer

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'd be fine if he swapped Gus for Holl and kept the 11-7 train going.

I’ll take that too but no way should he be trusted to have that spot for his own.

I understand Holl is extremely valuable on the PK because he’s always blocking one timers from guys with heavy shots but it can’t all be bad luck if you’re outscored so heavily over 5 games. Tampa took advantage of him.

Reactions: banks and ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad