Series Talk: Round 2: Bruins vs. Lightning

Bruins vs. Lightning

• Total voters

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I remember the Caps absolutely obliterating this defensive core by dumping the puck in and hitting them. They were legitimately scared to retrieve pucks and it cost them the series. That was two years ago but most of the same guys are around.

I’d like to see this again

Reactions: bbfan419

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
TWO back-to-backs?! Are you kidding?

Game 1: Sunday 8/23 @ 8pm
Game 2: Tuesday 8/25 @ 7pm
Game 3: Wednesday 8/26 @ 8pm
Game 4: Friday 8/28 @ 7:30pm
*Game 5: Sunday 8/30 @ TBD
*Game 6: Tuesday 9/1 @ TBD
*Game 7: Wednesday 9/2 @ TBD
Glad I'm on vacation this week :)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
You got two series in each conference, and one arena for each of em. This seems like the easiest freaking schedule and they flubbed it top to bottom for everyone.

alternate days for everyone. All games at 7/730 local. Why was this so difficult?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yes it will be tough.

I have no idea who will win. I said B's in 7 .

I will say I am sorry for all of the B's fans who said Tampa in 4 or 5. :thumbd:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Glad I'm on vacation this week :)
I am out next week (ist week of Sept). I was supposed to be out off the coast of Maine on a schooner...but no...

owens001.jpg

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I believe this is a team sport so it shouldn't ALL be on Jaro.
I agree but while the rest of the team is firing on all cylinders. Jaro let’s in a softie and they all get deflated. It’s a team sport but sometimes the goalie is on an island. He can make or break the team

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I agree but while the rest of the team is firing on all cylinders. Jaro let’s in a softie and they all get deflated. It’s a team sport but sometimes the goalie is on an island. He can make or break the team
Yes but so can a bad or good defense or scoring goals or not.

The D hasn't been as good as I hoped they would be.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not worried at all about Jaro. He let a few weak shots through against Carolina, but he also came up with a few dazzlers

same as every year it seems, it’s gonna come down to the middle six. If they contribute then Boston wins in 6.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Emerz

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Yes but so can a bad or good defense or scoring goals or not.

The D hasn't been as good as I hoped they would be.

True, the defense hasn’t been stellar and of course not scoring goals can break a team. That one seems self explanatory lol.

All I am saying is that Jaro has big pads to fill and he has the ability to do it. I’m just hoping he keeps us in it and gives us a chance to win.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
True, the defense hasn’t been stellar and of course not scoring goals can break a team. That one seems self explanatory lol.

All I am saying is that Jaro has big pads to fill and he has the ability to do it. I’m just hoping he keeps us in it and gives us a chance to win.
I hope so too. He seems like such a good guy and wouldn't it be a great story if he was the cup winning net minder this year !

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I remember the Caps absolutely obliterating this defensive core by dumping the puck in and hitting them. They were legitimately scared to retrieve pucks and it cost them the series. That was two years ago but most of the same guys are around.

I’d like to see this again
I agree Bruins need to bring the physical play to them , be the hammer, not the nail.

Reactions: missingchicklet

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I don't understand why there need to be any back-to-backs in this round. There are only four teams per site.

Why can't they rotate like this:
Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday: BOS/TBL COL/DAL
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: PHI/NYI VGK/VAN

One game every night per site, primetime in each time zone, good ice, standard rest for all teams. It's so clearly simple, what is the NHL doing?

Edit: The only thing I can think of is that some of the unions for either the catering, camera operators, or sound/light people in Toronto or Edmonton demand a guaranteed day off after so many consecutive days of work. But even then why are there two potential back-to-backs?

I think it has to do more with TV scheduling. They had Monday off probably because it was the least lucrative day in terms of TV viewership. There's also other sports that NBCSN are obligated to show - which is why our Friday game is on USA. Plus SportsNet probably has a lot of pull in terms of really wanting the Vancouver game scheduled for particular days. And NBC has two blocks of prime time hockey on Saturday and Sunday - they don't want to risk those vanishing (like they did for potential round 1 games that they planned on for today and tomorrow).

It also might be a travel thing - they want to finish up and have an extra day in case there's some weather-related incident that keeps Toronto from traveling to Edmonton. They also probably really want to start the WCF (and ECF if possible) on the weekend so that they have Game 1 on Saturday and Sunday - and perhaps Game 4 or 5 the next weekend.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That they need to.

Why play into their game?

Right on, I quite agree- that isn't their style. Let the guys that bring that game naturally do it- 4th liners, maybe Ritchie, CMac, Z, but they won't beat the Bolts by trying to be the big bad Bruins. They'll beat them by playing the game that has made them the best team in the east this season, and one of the best over the past three.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
TWO back-to-backs?! Are you kidding?

Game 1: Sunday 8/23 @ 8pm
Game 2: Tuesday 8/25 @ 7pm
Game 3: Wednesday 8/26 @ 8pm
Game 4: Friday 8/28 @ 7:30pm
*Game 5: Sunday 8/30 @ TBD
*Game 6: Tuesday 9/1 @ TBD
*Game 7: Wednesday 9/2 @ TBD

Whats even worse than having 2 back to backs, game 7 would be part of the last back to back..? Thats awful imo.

TheTimThomasProject

Jun 6, 2009
Over the rainbow
Will openly admit I’m still a little salty still after last seasons choke in game 7 sooooo....

Voted Bolts in 5 - gentleman’s sweep. Teams rosters have changed a bit since 2018 but Boston hasn’t done enough to catch Tampa talent wise. I don’t trust that the 2nd line issues are fixed and the 1st line proved in a big series last spring it can be rendered useless (see the “perfection line” line in action against the blues on the biggest stage). Halak in the goal is a big question mark. I’ll also ask who have they beaten since last year that installs any confidence they can beat an elite team in a 7 game series. Leafs, Columbus, Carolina 2x - I don’t really see any of those teams as elite quite yet.

Caught a major break last year and it was Boston’s last best shot at a cup with this core IMHO. They used that opportunity to dump on center ice in game 7.

Hopefully I am wrong and eat crow but I just don’t see it happening...

Reactions: Estlin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
general question to ponder

How does this current team matchup vs 2018 Bruins (that ended up losing to Tampa in the 2nd round)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad