Series Talk: Round 2: Bruins vs. Lightning

Bruins vs. Lightning

• Total voters

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Lightning get last change in games 1, 2, 5 and 7. Bruins get last change in games 3, 4, and 6. Rask played all the games vs. Tampa this year.

Season Series

October 17 (H): Lightning 4-3 (SO)
December 12 (A): Lightning 3-2
March 3 (A): Bruins 2-1
March 7 (H): Lightning 5-3

Round Robin

August 5 (H): Lightning 3-2

Bruins Point Leaders vs. Tampa

Pastrnak (5 GP): 3G, 2A, 5P
Marchand (5 GP): 1G, 4A, 5P
Krug (5 GP): 0G, 5A, 5P
Bergeron (5 GP): 2G, 2A, 4P
McAvoy (5 GP): 2G, 2A, 4P

Last edited:
Reactions: BTO and bbfan419

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Bruins will win. I think it will be in 6. But 4, 5 or 7 will do just fine.

Winner of this series goes to SCF. In Bruins case, it would be a 4th in 10y.

For those that wanted the Habs to win, is it because you are afraid of TB or because you are a Habs fan?

Cause Bos-TB was a sure meeting. Two best team in NHL this year. Let’s be done with them now.

Go Bruins!

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Bruins in 6, last series had some insane reffing in TB's favour (McAvoy trip, Rask skate blade? think it was that series and some really weird stuff).

I'll say Pasta racks up a lot of points this series.

This series is kind of like a mini SCF in the sense that I think these teams were both the best in the league.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I’m worried about Halak in this series. He is capable of pulling it out I’m just not sure he has the juice.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tough match-up

That said the Bs of this year are a faster and deeper and healthier team than the 2018 version. To me the key is getting on Tampa early- they are very, very talented but until they show me differently I question their mental toughness.

Should be a war.....Bs are healthy but lacking their #1 goalie; Tampa has some dings but have a lot of motivation after last year and have added some toughness

It's a toss up....my head says Tampa my heart says Boston. Kirk wins out over Spock

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Gotta bring the hate to Kooch. Hit him every chance they get, throw him off his game like CBus did last year. Hit him in open ice, hit him along the walls, punch his jaw in scrums.

Reactions: BAD BOY

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Going to be tough without Rask..... but..... the boys have a hate for TB....which helps. And there’s no playing down to that team. Go Bruins!!!
I’m sick of losing against a Tampa. I have a feeling in this series the bruins will in in seven. Nobody will pick them. But I watched a lot of hockey in my lifetime and know the bruins are capable, they can beat them. Trust me I wouldn’t post it if i didn’t believe they could

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
5-on-5 offense will be the name of the game. They played a great Game 1 in the 2018 series, but the 1st line had almost half their combined points for the entire series in that one game. Literally no one outside the 1st and 2nd line plus McAvoy and Krug had points in that last series. That can't happen again if they want to win.

The 3rd line needs to bring their A game, and we'll need a great series from Halak. He hasn't played Tampa once the past 2 years, so hopefully that can be turned into a positive.

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
Tough match-up

That said the Bs of this year are a faster and deeper and healthier team than the 2018 version. To me the key is getting on Tampa early- they are very, very talented but until they show me differently I question their mental toughness.

Should be a war.....Bs are healthy but lacking their #1 goalie; Tampa has some dings but have a lot of motivation after last year and have added some toughness

It's a toss up....my head says Tampa my heart says Boston. Kirk wins out over Spock
Agree with this. Think this is a tough series for Boston. Need to hit hard and often

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This series can go either way, one thing I like is the health of the team, that's huge. This is going to be a war, these teams are both good enough to be playing in the SCF.

Reactions: Emerz and BAD BOY

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Gotta bring the hate to Kooch. Hit him every chance they get, throw him off his game like CBus did last year. Hit him in open ice, hit him along the walls, punch his jaw in scrums.
Brayden Point as well, skilled smaller player, Bruins need to hit him early and often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad