GDT: Round 1 - Game 7 | SERIES TIED | Leafs Vs Habs - May 31, 2021 @ 7:00 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
We got the Habs right where it will hurt them most.
After they give up a 2 goal lead to lose game 7 tonight all the pressure will be on them choking. The clock will have started this season instead of having a free pass to the playoffs and no one caring what they did. Similar to the Leafs when we took a solid run at Washington.

Everyone will be talking about how they gave up the lead 3 games in a row in the playoffs and ended up losing the series. A series they could've easily won.

We're just messing with them.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Again, I don't see the love affair this team has with Simmonds. Can we not put in a speedster in Robertsson?
I mean it's working rather well for Montreal with younger players with Caufield, Suzuki and Evans

What does Simmonds do actually? Why do fans here think that he's going to magically be this power forward?

Can he score a goal tonight? sure........... He still sucks though........ Like really bad

Lets get some legs. Lets get some speed. We look so slow compare to them

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Again, I don't see the love affair this team has with Simmonds. Can we not put in a speedster in Robertsson?
I mean it's working rather well for Montreal with younger players with Caufield, Suzuki and Evans

What does Simmonds do actually? Why do fans here think that he's going to magically be this power forward?

Can he score a goal tonight? sure........... He still sucks though........ Like really bad

He still has the potential to score a goal. I don't believe this series falls on him. I think that his track record is sizeable over Robertson's body of work.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa

Simmonds adds nothing of value. He has not done anything notable. He can’t hit anybody because he’s too slow. He can’t fight anyone because the series has gotten less intense than at the beginning. He can’t score because he handles the puck like a grenade. He can’t make a play because he’s not good at hockey.

By all means keep him on the PP though for whatever reason.

Copy and paste that for Jumbo Joe who is more of a liability than anything else.

At least Spezza is good.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is a very pivotal day in Leafland and its a Jungle in here.

Either the Leafs get a 16 year monkey off their back, winning their first playoff series since 2004
or
We begin addressing the elephant in the room with a loss and what happens to this core and this management team.

Reactions: fahad203

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Simmonds adds nothing of value. He has not done anything notable. He can’t hit anybody because he’s too slow. He can’t fight anyone because the series has gotten less intense than at the beginning. He can’t score because he handles the puck like a grenade. He can’t make a play because he’s not good at hockey.

By all means keep him on the PP though for whatever reason.

Copy and paste that for Jumbo Joe who is more of a liability than anything else.

At least Spezza is good.

Simmonds would be told “if you aren’t hitting I’ll staple your ass to the bench until you realize that’s what you were brought to do” if it were me...

Dude he wasn’t brought here because of his puck skills, he was brought here to open ice up for those guys with his physical play...it’s amazing how quickly people forget once they don the Blue and White why they were brought here

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
He still has the potential to score a goal. I don't believe this series falls on him. I think that his track record is sizeable over Robertson's body of work.

Of course a series shouldn't fall on a 3rd liner. But not to say you can't expect more out of them. Doesn't mean you dont' ice the best possible team
Is he better than Robertsson? At least the kid can skate and get to pucks. Simmonds can't even do that

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I know how you feel. I can't see myself ever quitting this team but at the same time, it will be hard to follow with enthusiasm should this happen. I keep saying I'll judge this team based on how they do in the playoffs and every year, it's a different twist on the same old story.

This would be the low point of my 50+ years of following this team, no doubt about it. And there have been many low points ...

I'm baffled as well. Would love the reasoning behind the random 550 number, as if there is any.

Its ‘science’ duh. You’re not anti-science, are you?

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Of course a series shouldn't fall on a 3rd liner. But not to say you can't expect more out of them. Doesn't mean you dont' ice the best possible team
Is he better than Robertsson? At least the kid can skate and get to pucks. Simmonds can't even do that

If he’s finishing his checks (unlike 98% of our team) then he is definitely useful in the lineup...if he’s trying to be a skill guy then shoot him into the sun as he has never been that guy in his whole career much less on the back 9 of it

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
This might just be the most important game for this franchise in a long long long time. I expect to see a desperation to our game, like we are literally fighting for our lives, anything less is inexcusable. These guys have a chance to erase a lot of bad karma and finally show their worth, if they fail to show anything less than 110%, then they are truly losers and mentally soft. There is nowhere to hide, tonight is who you are.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Get this shit done. Don't care how. Please hockey gods just give us fans something nice for once

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
If Joe Thornton plays tonight tell me why the entire management should not be shot to the f***ing moon. One good reason.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I legit can’t bring myself to watch the game tonight.

it just feels like impending doom, this team has folded to every bit of adversity they have come upon. They haven’t shown an ability to rise to the occasion at all.

I don’t see a reason to think this will be the game they “start on time”

For a team with this much more talent than their opponent, this is an embarrassment, and we all know leaf players love embarrassing themselves

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Game 7, can it get any better?? I'm excited....

tenor.gif

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I legit can’t bring myself to watch the game tonight.

it just feels like impending doom, this team has folded to every bit of adversity they have come upon. They haven’t shown an ability to rise to the occasion at all.

I don’t see a reason to think this will be the game they “start on time”

For a team with this much more talent than their opponent, this is an embarrassment, and we all know leaf players love embarrassing themselves
I’m going to watch with no expectations of a win. I expect them to lose.

tell me why we deserve to win when we choose not to ice the best roster we can?

Thornton out Robertson in.
Foligno out literally anyone in.

but alas none of this will happen and Joe starts PP1.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
This might just be the most important game for this franchise in a long long long time. I expect to see a desperation to our game, like we are literally fighting for our lives, anything less is inexcusable. These guys have a chance to erase a lot of bad karma and finally show their worth, if they fail to show anything less than 110%, then they are truly losers and mentally soft. There is nowhere to hide, tonight is who you are.

We’ve had a few of these “most important game...” in the last few years and the team drops the ball each time.

It’s hard not to be negative but when you experience the same soft mentality from this team time after time it’s hard to believe anything at all will change.

Looks like the team is primed for their excuses when we do lose tonight.

Tavares out, Muzzin out, Foligno injured..
The perfect storm.

Next year will be different for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad