GDT: Round 1 - Game 3 - Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche - Friday, April 26th, 2024 - 9:00pm CDT - CBC - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I think it’s totally fair to expect them to play better than what they have so far :dunno:
I agree

And I think they had moments and small stretches of time (especially in the first period) last game when they did (at least compared to the first game)

But then the Avs are gonna push back, and that will affect how the game goes too

Reactions: Ponds and LowLefty

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I agree

And I think they had moments and small stretches of time (especially in the first period) last game when they did (at least compared to the first game)

But then the Avs are gonna push back, and that will affect how the game goes too

Well sure. I don't really think many of us would suggest that beating the Avs is an easy thing. But, if we don't want to get knocked out in round 1, beating them is pretty much what we have to find a way to do...

Reactions: Ponds

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I agree

Hopefully we have better answers for their push back tonight. I think the extra day off will have helped with that

Reactions: Ponds and LowLefty

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Yup, we have been dummied through two games. We are going to need to have more positive spells with us playing our game to take win and take control of this series. We can't expect to win if we keep getting outplayed to the extent we are.
Dummied? We're tied after two games and you call that dummied?

Imagine how the Isles and Lightning must feel. The would love to have been dummied the way the Jets have been.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Imagine how the Isles and Lightning must feel. The would love to have been dummied the way the Jets have been.
Mr. .692 save percentage is why we are tied after two games.

Fortunately, he's also getting the start tonight. If the Jets play better, they should be able to capitalize on that.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

I'm not sure what the possession and zone stats are, but it feels like it's been strongly in the Avs favor. We know they don't defend particularly well and depend on O zone time, so.....I hope we have a solution for that.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

We have been severely out played in each game. It's great that we are tied instead of down by 2. It gives us a chance to right the ship and take this series.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Avs are a good team. Most goals scored in the regular season and they finished right behind us.

I'm not sure why people think that it's going to be easy to force them to play the game we want to play. They have one of the best (if not the best at times) players on the planet. A top 5 in the league d man

They get a say in how the series is played. So far, they've gotten their way but it's still tied 1-1

if we're gonna go on a run, there will be plenty of games these playoffs that we lose or win ugly. If you're not comfortable with that, maybe find a new hobby
That would be all well and good if the Jets were actually playing well and to their systems. Lack of execution, support, speed, agressiveness and self inflicted wounds have been the hallmark of this series so far.

If the Jets were playing well, and to their potential and were losing simply due to being out matched skill wise I would have no complaints. That is not the case so far.

I don't think it's too much to ask to want your team to play the system that they executed so well for the first half of the season and to show some balls and pushback.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm not sure what the possession and zone stats are, but it feels like it's been strongly in the Avs favor. We know they don't defend particularly well and depend on O zone time, so.....I hope we have a solution for that.

We had a 31 XGf% game one and a 37 XGF% game two. We have also given up > 3 XGA per game. We aren't winning if we give that talent the chances we have through two.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I don't mind the 9pm start as that is 8 pm local time. 851 local I believe our puck drop was.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm going to have a hard time staying awake for this one. Tuesday, I fell asleep at 5:00pm and last night I nodded off at 7:00pm. While I am improving, it still doesn't look good for me lasting all three periods tonight...🛌💤

you and me both my friend. If I'm at home and sitting in front of the TV, 10pm is like some sort of off switch for me lol...I'll get through the first period but as soon as the commentators start blathering I'll be "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
That would be all well and good if the Jets were actually playing well and to their systems. Lack of execution, support, speed, agressiveness and self inflicted wounds have been the hallmark of this series so far.

If the Jets were playing well, and to their potential and were losing simply due to being out matched skill wise I would have no complaints. That is not the case so far.

I don't think it's too much to ask to want your team to play the system that they executed so well for the first half of the season and to show some balls and pushback.
I'm doing a really shitty job articulating myself, which isn't uncommon lol

So I'll use an analogy that I'm familiar with that maybe will make more sense

I've been training Brazilian Jiu Jistu for 13 years. I'm pretty good, and I'm a big, strong guy. Over the years, I've developed a "game" where I chain certain moves and positions together that I'm very good at

When I "roll" (that's what we call sparring) with people who are less experienced, I can impose my game on them no problem. There are a handful of guys at the gym that can impose their game on me no problem

And there are a few guys who I'm equally matched with. If they put me in a position that I'm not strong in, it's going to be a lot harder for me to "play my game" regardless of how hard I try. Same thing goes for them if I happen to be able to start imposing my game

So for someone to just come along and tell me to "play my game" is asinine. What do you think I'm trying to do?

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I've been training Brazilian Jiu Jistu for 13 years. I'm pretty good, and I'm a big, strong guy. Over the years, I've developed a "game" where I chain certain moves and positions together that I'm very good at

When I "roll" (that's what we call sparring) with people who are less experienced, I can impose my name on them no problem. There are a handful of guys at the gym that can impose their game on me no problem

And there are a few guys who I'm equally matched with. If they put me in a position that I'm not strong in, it's going to be a lot harder for me to "play my game" regardless of how hard I try. Same thing goes for them if I happen to be able to start imposing my game

So for someone to just come along and tell me to "play my game" is asinine. What do you think I'm trying to do?
From now on your name is Arnold. :sarcasm::laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Also I remember the talk here about how we had to have a 'big strong hitting 4th line' in order to play Bones system.

Well we ain't playing Bones system with that line. Put the better player into the lineup for f***s sake.
Ya i agree we could use Kupari's speed, oh wait, never mind .:naughty: Putting Perfetti in for Gus would be a good idea.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Also I remember the talk here about how we had to have a 'big strong hitting 4th line' in order to play Bones system.

Well we ain't playing Bones system with that line. Put the better player into the lineup for f***s sake.
I never heard that talk - but maybe I missed it ;)
Our 4th plays more of a high energy, dogged pursuit game than a heavy game - and they done a pretty good job so far.
Depending on how tonight goes, we could see Perfetti in the line up (assuming that is who you are referring to) - but I doubt it's on the 44th line.
We'll see how it goes tonight - 2nd line needs to be better.

Ya i agree we could use Kupari's speed, oh wait, never mind .:naughty: Putting Perfetti in for Gus would be a good idea.
As the center?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Jets can hang with the Avs, gotta put that shit on lockdown tonight. Confident we can win at least 1 in Colorado and bring it back to Winnipeg even or better.

Gonna be a great night, I'm gonna get blasted on margs and bust out my finest homegrow for the game tonight with some good friends. Good company, good drinks, good food, good smoke, and a Jets win - does it get better than that?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Out of the 16 playoff teams the Jets at 5v5:

Offense:
13th in CF/60
7th in SF/60
2nd in GF/60
10th in xGF/60
10th in SCF/60

8th in HDCF/60
1st in SH%

Defense:
16th in CA/60
16th in SA/60

14th in GA/60
16th in xGA/60
16th in SCA/60
15th in HDCA/60

9th in SV%

Offensive shot metrics aren't amazing but the goalscoring has been good.

Defensive shot metrics are abysmal. Just getting crushed.

Special teams have also been unimpressive (PP ~11th or 12th; PK ~13th or 14th), but that should be no surprise. PP%+PK% = 80...no bueno. Only the Kings, Leafs and Stars are worse. Small samples and all that but the PK is bleeding shot attempts and PP is generating shot attempts at about about the same anemic rate it has been all season.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

When I "roll" (that's what we call sparring) with people who are less experienced, I can impose my game on them no problem. There are a handful of guys at the gym that can impose their game on me no problem

well OK, but we're not talking about amateur athletics here. We're talking about pro sports - people getting paid millions of dollars to make decisions and play and find ways to try and win championships. The goal isn't just to participate. At the end of the season if we don't win the SC, when Chipman and Chevy and Bones sit down to talk I doubt the conversation is going to be "well, that was quite a season. We did our best to win. Everyone tried really hard. Go now and enjoy your summer."

Reactions: surixon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad