2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
Is Demidov actually a center? I’ve only seen videos of him being a winger but I’ve seen him listed as a LW/C on multiple outlets.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
While I’ve done everything I can to emotionally prepare myself for getting the #3 pick and be okay with it, I also recognize that I am in fact entirely unprepared and desperately want Celebrini.

Soooo… yeah.
How would you feel about 2 then?

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I *think* I'm emotionally prepared, but I won't be happy at 2 or 3.

At 2, we are likely to pass on what seems like the consensus 2 (Demidov) for Levshunov, who is risky and will make me nervous until he's 100% proven. If we pick Demidov instead, then we have another pipeline of top end forwards who are not that big, and a weak D pipeline still. If we pick anyone *but* Levshunov (Silayev especially), then it'll be stressful about whether that was a good or bad pass (even if I would do it myself). If we pick Buium I'll actually be highly nervous but excited. If it's Lindstrom, we better f'ing hope they had good medical examinations but it's probably defensible, and yet we still have that gaping hole in the D pipeline.

At 3, it's everything about 2, except one less player to choose from, which probably makes the pick *less* stressful because we can justify the 2 pick as a mistake almost no matter who it is.

Whoever picks 4, I'll probably wish we picked that player. I dunno. I'm far more excited about the 14th pick. It feels like you can't capture the value of picking 2/3 but you can potentially get great value at 11-14. It's felt this way for months but now we're about to live it.

Last edited:

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Yesterday I was very calm about where ever we pick it's fine, but now I feel so wrong to pick anything other than #1 just because of Sharks history in draft. Sharks deserve a stress free draft for once, and that's only possible with the 1st overall this year. Let's hope for the best result.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Very stressful! How long do I need to budget for a midnight CET draft lottery? 30 minutes or 60?

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Very stressful! How long do I need to budget for a midnight CET draft lottery? 30 minutes or 60?
Zero. If my time conversion is correct, you'd have missed it at that point! (It's at 6:30 p.m. ET, for reference, though historically it seems there's at least a 10-15 minute buildup before they get started.)

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Zero. If my time conversion is correct, you'd have missed it at that point! (It's at 6:30 p.m. ET, for reference, though historically it seems there's at least a 10-15 minute buildup before they get started.)
I'm six hours ahead in Barcelona! So 12:30 start. Will it take an hour (to effectively highlight two interesting picks)?

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I'm six hours ahead in Barcelona! So 12:30 start. Will it take an hour (to effectively highlight two interesting picks)?
Barcelona! In that case, I'm sure you can find a way to enjoy a full night out with excellent food and drink, and then stumble home right at 12:40, turn on the lottery, watch for a few minutes, and then collapse with satisfaction--if not for a Sharks lottery win, then for a day well lived.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If i remember correctly the show is basically still allotted 1+ hours of air time. Like everything with the NHL, something that would take 10 mins of real time needs 3 hours so they can say the same stuff for 20 minutes per news.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If i remember correctly the show is basically still allotted 1+ hours of air time. Like everything with the NHL, something that would take 10 mins of real time needs 3 hours so they can say the same stuff for 20 minutes per news.
30 minute time slot I believe. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: coooldude

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
It's supposed to flow into the playoff game, which is 7ET, so I think they're going to keep it to 30min. Maybe less of an ordeal than the Bedard hype.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Anyone find the published list of numbers? Last year it was 1-5-4-2 or some shit. Then they had to look it up on a list... would be nice for fans to also have that list prior to the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad