Series Talk: Round 1 Bruins vs Leafs Bruins lead 2-1

Who wins the series and in how many games?

• Total voters

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Btw does anyone get the feeling that it's our defence that will decide how deep we go? I know we said our top line, or Rask, or Krejci. But I genuinely believe it's the D that is going to decide. The others will be able to get enough done. Can a D not particularly stacked with prime age elite guys in their own age get the job done? It's gonna have to be a best effort imho. Can that D win a 2-1 game in the playoffs?

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Very happy with the performance last night but its important to remember that this was one game in what is going to be a long series.

I expect the Leafs to bounce back strong in Game 2 and we need to be ready for that. I don't see Babcock letting his team embarrass themselves 2 games in a row.

Good news is that our boys know this, and they are saying all the right things. But losing Game 2 heading back to Toronto is not a position we want to put ourselves in.

Reactions: Hamilton Brian

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
i like how theres so much narrative that the leafs are close to us during the regular season and finished stronger

even with the strong finish they had 76 points in their last 60 games

after that mind blowing rash of injuries in oct and nov we had 88 points in our last 60 games.

so yeah if we miss 6-7 regulars from our lineup i suppose it might be a close series
Bruins may not sweep the series................but they wont lose it. Bet on that. (I already did)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Btw does anyone get the feeling that it's our defence that will decide how deep we go? I know we said our top line, or Rask, or Krejci. But I genuinely believe it's the D that is going to decide. The others will be able to get enough done. Can a D not particularly stacked with prime age elite guys in their own age get the job done? It's gonna have to be a best effort imho. Can that D win a 2-1 game in the playoffs?
Same question was asked about the Pens last year.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much

I don't know, let me do some research over on the Pittsburgh thread to see how it worked out for them last season.;)

^^^ ugg, beat me to it while I was doing my comparative analysis.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
With Kadri out and now potentially Komarov..

If the Bs can get Riley Nash back for the two in Toronto... the Leafs are really in trouble.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
A lot of people are talking about the Bergeron line vs. Matthews, but Rielly is getting absolutely worked.

Through 2 games Bergeron vs. Rielly in just 8:02 of 5-on-5 ice time:

Corsi: 21-4
Fenwick: 18-4
Shots: 11-1
Scoring Chances: 14-1
High Danger Scoring Chances: 7-1
Goals: 4-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad