WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada V4.0 (Final Roster Named)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Freaking love philip danault man, hawks got such a solid prospect in him.

He is looking as good or better than anyone picked outside of the top-10 in his draft. I'd almost say he's a sure-fire 3rd line NHL centre, or more.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'd go with the youngsters but TC won't of course.

Catennachi, Camara, Macneil, Wilson, Wother, Sproul, Dumba, Binnington are my cuts.

But what will probably happen is Wilson or Macneil make it and Shinkaruk or Drouin are cut.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Oh, ok.

How was Laurent Brossoit and Tyler Wotherspoon?

Broissoit has a case for the third goalie, he'd be my choice over Binnington. Subban is still number one and Paterson took the backup role this week. Wotherspoon was steady but the spot he was going for goes to Corrado IMO.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Why didn't Loubardias make his fantasy roster? Is he going to announce it somewhere later?

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I'm still going my same roster from a bit earlier:
Huberdeau - RNH - Scheifele
MacKinnon - Strome - Ritchie
Hudon - Jenner - Rattie
Camara - Danault - McNeill
Drouin

Rielly - Hamilton
Ouellet - Harrington
Reinhart - Corrado
Murphy

Subban
Paterson
Broissoit

Shinkaruk is my toughest cut but no room in the top nine. I'd consider him over Hudon but everything indicates Hockey Canada is in love with Hudon. Lipon made a nice case for a fourth line spot too but I like Camara and McNeill better.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Just got home from work... is there a game on right now? And if so what channel would it be in Toronto

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
You really do have blinders on when it comes to Murphy. When you started off having Harrington as your third pairing and Murphy in the top 4, it was pretty obvious Murphy will be given every bit of leeway for you in assessing him.

There is so much about his game I love, but there is so much about his game I hate as well. When he strikes the right balance of risk/reward, he is an amazing player. If he figures it out, he will end up being a hell of an NHL player. I don't think he is there yet.

Corrado is extremely steady right now and really that's all it comes down to. Along with the consensus, I agree that Murphy is a seventh defenseman on this team.

I explained that paring. Harrington-Ouellet are the shutdown pairing, Murphy-Reinhart was another pairing to play with the top 6. The top 4 and bottom pairing assesment doesn't work for the world juniors, there's shutdown pairings, there's scoring pairings, there's mixed pairings. All will relatively similar ice time. Then you have the 7th defensemen who exclusively plays powerplay (Not needed this tournment) or a utility man.

Corrado hasn't showed enough to give him even strength ice time over Murphy. People have acted like Murphy has been horrible defensive in this camp, which is absurd. People have acted like he was responsible for goals, which he hasn't been.

It's a waste to sit your most offensively talented defensemen for only powerplay and the occasional even-strength shift when someone needs the rest, and give it to Corrado, who despite some people trying their hardest to say he's amazing defensively, he really isn't much better than Murphy.

It's a good thing Spott doesn't think Murphy can't be trusted with an even stregth shift.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Paterson is having an amazing game. Seriously.

And people say I make things up without proof.

Honestly your bias for Murphy was made clear a while ago. Most of us here, myself in particular don't have any allegiance to the guys battling for spots right now. Ive seen quit a bit of Murphy the last couple of years.

He fits the mould of most other 7th dmen that Canada has taken to this tourney. They've always been big on taking guys who have defensive deficiencies (which let me assure you, compared to the 4 locks and with the way Reinhart and Corrado are playing atm, he has the most trouble in his own end compared to the other 6) who you don't want taking a regular defensive shift, but can throw out there when you're looking to give the offense a boost, get a game tying goal, up a couple and pressing for the clincher, and using for lots of PP time.

Murphy fits the bill to a T. Ellis, Subban, Alzner. It's not a slight against him, don't feel the need to defend him to no end because you're a fan.

EDIT: And you're saying Corrado hasn't shown more than Murphy, except from what I've seen from these games and red/white he has been steady and also shown up on the scoresheet.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
OK if these guys are penciled in on forward, it only leaves 4 more spots:

Schiefle-RNH-Huberdeau
Hudon-Strome-Ritchie
Jenner-Danault-Rattie

From watching this camp, for me the remaining players deserve to be:

McKinnon, Drouin, Camara, Shinkaruk

I think you pick one of Camara or Wilson and Camara has a higher hockey IQ

Also, for D, Murphy should not be on this team

Rielly-Hamilton
Ouelette-Harrington
Reinhart-Corrado
Sproul

If you really think Murphy needs to be on this team with Rielly and Hamilton both on it already, I don't know what to tell you. In all honesty, I'd rather prefer Hamilton at the point on the 1st PP with RNH because he is right handed and RNH is left-handed. Dougie at the top, RNH on the left half boards with Huberdeau down low and Schiefle off the net to the other side and Rielly will be able to sneak down for a pass from RNH like Crosby used to give Whitney a few years ago.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
My final defense would be

Hamilton Rielly
Harrington Ouellet
Reinhart Corrado
Sproul

I can see Murphy as the seventh but more based off of Spott coaching. Sproul looked more solid defensively and this season in the OHL is tearing it up offensively much harder then Murphy.

Finals Goalies

Subban
Paterson (might get the younger guy treatment though I doubt it after not allowing a goal all camp)
Broissoit

Top 6 forwards:

Scheifle RNH Hubs
Rattie Strome Ritchie.. could be Mackinnon

Bottom 6:
Tough to say.. Jenner will be there, Danualt too. I was thinking after a couple dumb penalties last night that Camara had the edge on Wilson but the Camara took some today. Mackinnon will be in here somewhere, probably on the third line.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm still going my same roster from a bit earlier:
Huberdeau - RNH - Scheifele
MacKinnon - Strome - Ritchie
Hudon - Jenner - Rattie
Camara - Danault - McNeill
Drouin

Rielly - Hamilton
Ouellet - Harrington
Reinhart - Corrado
Murphy

Subban
Paterson
Broissoit

Shinkaruk is my toughest cut but no room in the top nine. I'd consider him over Hudon but everything indicates Hockey Canada is in love with Hudon. Lipon made a nice case for a fourth line spot too but I like Camara and McNeill better.

Yeah that's pretty much how I have it too. Camara definitely worked his way onto the team today, and the defense is pretty set.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
OK if these guys are penciled in on forward, it only leaves 5 more spots:

Schiefle-RNH-Huberdeau
Hudon-Strome-Ritchie
Jenner-Danault

From watching this camp, for me the remaining players deserve to be:

McKinnon, Drouin, Camara, Shinkaruk, Catanacci
I think you pick one of Camara or Wilson and Camara has a higher hockey IQ

Also, for D, Murphy should not be on this team

Rielly-Hamilton
Ouelette-Harrington
Reinhart-Corrado
Sproul

He have no chance at making this team IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad