WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada V4.0 (Final Roster Named)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Nothing is going right for Dumba. Even when he's trying to do the right thing there's always a way that it fails somehow. Seems to just be completely out of confidence at this point.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
How are the Mooseheads duo doing?

Drouin had a great first period, last two he seems to be playing too fancy. Got a pass from the defensemen and instead of taking it along the boards he tried to drive to the slot and he was stripped of the puck promptly.

He might get cut because of that, especially with how well Shinkaruk and Camara have played.

MacKinnon hasn't done most offensively, but he's been solid physically/defensively.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
No he's not. Why do people keep saying this. If you tell me it's from this camp, I only have to point to the fact this camp is no tell-tale sign of how good a player is.

This season in the OHL, no person who's seen them both could claim Corrado is more than margianlly better defensively, let alone significantly.

You are like one person against the world. Murphy may play his way into a regular shift like Tavares did as the 13th forward that one year, but right now he's penciled in as the 7th dman. Corrado has been one of the top dman in camp, Murphy hasn't stood out that much. It's just common sense and everyone can see it but you.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Paterson is having an amazing game. Seriously.

You are like one person against the world. Murphy may play his way into a regular shift like Tavares did as the 13th forward that one year, but right now he's penciled in as the 7th dman. Corrado has been one of the top dman in camp, Murphy hasn't stood out that much. It's just common sense and everyone can see it but you.

And people say I make things up without proof.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Paterson will be the backup in this tournament behind Subban.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
No he's not. Why do people keep saying this. If you tell me it's from this camp, I only have to point to the fact this camp is no tell-tale sign of how good a player is.

This season in the OHL, no person who's seen them both could claim Corrado is more than margianlly better defensively, let alone significantly.

You really do have blinders on when it comes to Murphy. When you started off having Harrington as your third pairing and Murphy in the top 4, it was pretty obvious Murphy will be given every bit of leeway for you in assessing him.

There is so much about his game I love, but there is so much about his game I hate as well. When he strikes the right balance of risk/reward, he is an amazing player. If he figures it out, he will end up being a hell of an NHL player. I don't think he is there yet.

Corrado is extremely steady right now and really that's all it comes down to. Along with the consensus, I agree that Murphy is a seventh defenseman on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad