Roster Speculation '17-'18: Someone, Somewhere, In Summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
My goodness I really hope they aren't seriously considering trading Sam right now.
Got scratch, will get back in the lineup.

You may want to key in on McCabe. He's struggling badly right now. So too is Ristolainen. Their improvements in the d-zone have a lot more to do with forwards coming back as a group and in the case of the Ducks, playing a half AHL-level squad.
McCabe hasn't been scratched. Antipin has. Again, just an observation, but once he came out of the lineup, the defense looked much more like an NHL defense. It could be due to a number of different things, but since he hasn't been put back in the lineup, that has to be telling.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Hos value is low now, probably lower than what he brings to do the team so I think you are right. I thought the best time to trade him was before the summer D acquisitions, now we should probably keep him at least until Casey is on the team and by then who knows how he looks...
Or we could keep him for a very very long time, and let him learn from ups and downs and hopefully develop into a high end player...

Reactions: HaNotsri

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
My goodness I really hope they aren't seriously considering trading Sam right now.

McCabe hasn't been scratched. Antipin has. Again, just an observation, but once he came out of the lineup, the defense looked much more like an NHL defense. It could be due to a number of different things, but since he hasn't been put back in the lineup, that has to be telling.
I'd say it was more likely caused by playing San Jose and Anaheim.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I mean, his replacement has been worse at everything, so it's definitely that and not the other changes to the defense.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Also sounds like they're hoping to "buy low" based on a 5 game sample size. One can only hope Botterill isn't dumb enough to fall for that.

I mean, it's a 3 year sample size where there hasn't been much, if any, growth to his game. Nobody is basing his value solely off of the start of the season.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I mean, it's a 3 year sample size where there hasn't been much, if any, growth to his game. Nobody is basing his value solely off of the start of the season.
You didn't notice the significant jump in assists from year 1 to year 2?

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Based on what? Your spreadsheet?
Does Mike Milbury know you're stealing his material?

But I guess you're right, because watching the games and all.

We got better by inserting a guy who sucks into the lineup, even though he's sucked, and not because of the other changes that have driven actual statistical improvement.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
For the folks that don't buy into advanced stats:

If you played hockey, you should be used to hearing coaches tell you to shoot the puck on the net more. Stand up the forwards at the blue line so they can't get shots off. Stick on puck (to deflect pucks and prevent shots).

We always heard this in locker rooms because of the non-mathematical coaching belief that if you got more pucks on the opposing goalie, and prevented shots on your goalie, you had a better chance to win.

What do most advanced stats measure? That exact stuff. Most advanced stats measure the stuff we've been told by coaches our entire playing careers. So, we're not going to buy into players who do the things that coaches have told players to do for decades? Seems odd.

Reactions: Chainshot

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Colorado laughs at this one. They can get better package for Duchene if they decide to trade him. Duchene is PPG this season, doubt they have any desire to trade him unless someone overpays badly.
Nobody is giving the Avs a better offer than that.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Nobody is giving the Avs a better offer than that.
Avs would not trade top 6 center for middle 6 winger. You are delusional with the Reinhart love. The league would offer more for Duchene if he were actually available but all signs so far seem to point they want to try to keep him somehow.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Avs would not trade top 6 center for middle 6 winger. You are delusional with the Reinhart love. The league would offer more for Duchene if he were actually available but all signs so far seem to point they want to try to keep him somehow.
Reinhart had more pointz last season and is under team control for years as opposed to 2 seasons. I'm not the delusional one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad