Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm starting to look at fwd combinations like this:

Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers
Petan-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Roslovic-Connor
Dano/Copp-Lowry-Armia
Matthias-Dano/Copp

I doubt Maurice is. Can't see Mo wanting to go Roslovic over Lowry at #3 C. For the sake of Roslovic's development I really hope he starts on the Moose rather than bounce around the lineup mostly with 4th line minutes. Very unlikely Petan is in the top 6 over MP, with an outside chance of Connor playing there with a strong camp. Also don't see Mo storing Matthias in the PB. With such a young lineup he will want at least 1 vet to lean on the 4th line (assuming Connor wins a middle 6 LW spot).

Not necessarily my preferred lineup (exception made for the 1st line) but one that is more likely than not.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
MP-Little-Wheeler
Connor-Lowry-Armia
Matthias-some combination of Copp/Dano/Petan
Tanev

Though there is a strong chance Wheeler plays with Scheifele and Laine with Little.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Add the Sedins at the deadline

Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Perreault - Little - Wheeler
Sedin - Sedin - Connor
Matthias - Lowry - Armia

God damn :o

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Add the Sedins at the deadline

Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine
Perreault - Little - Wheeler
Sedin - Sedin - Connor
Matthias - Lowry - Armia

God damn :o

And how did we get the Sedins? Especially with the whole offence in tact. I'm fine with it as long as Trouba, Morrissey, Hellebuyck and our 1st Round isn't moved.

Also I'd rather drop Perrault down and put him at RW than move Connor to that Position.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
To get both? It would definitely cost our first++. Only would do this if we were top 3 in the central and I doubt the Sedins would waive their NMC to even come here anyway.

We would be one of the teams with the cap space to afford a move like that at the deadline though

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don't agree with fans who want to put Ehlers on the right or Laine on the left, but I do understand why they want that. I don't understand why anyone would put Connor on the right. It's not his natural side, it's not his preference and he doesn't have experience there.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I don't agree with fans who want to put Ehlers on the right or Laine on the left, but I do understand why they want that. I don't understand why anyone would put Connor on the right. It's not his natural side, it's not his preference and he doesn't have experience there.

Not sure how you can state Connor does not prefer or have experience on the right side. Watch his highlights from his season in Michigan, majority of his goals are on the right side.

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Not sure how you can state Connor does not prefer or have experience on the right side. Watch his highlights from his season in Michigan, majority of his goals are on the right side.

I think "which wing" makes a big difference in the D zone breakout and matters less in O zone. Rookie wingers in the NHL are a green light for opposing D cheating and pinching like MoFo's

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

Connor played LW in Michigan, on a line with Motte as the RW. As a LW Connor played the right side of the PP, similar to how Laine plays the left side of the PP as a RW.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Connor played LW in Michigan, on a line with Motte as the RW. As a LW Connor played the right side of the PP, similar to how Laine plays the left side of the PP as a RW.

Connor played RW for a good portion of the year in Michigan.

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Connor played RW for a good portion of the year in Michigan.

He played the first few games at right wing because the coach thought he had experience at the position. Once he was put at left wing with Compher and Motte his scoring took off. Shortly after in a story in the campus paper he was quoted as saying he had never played right wing before going to Michigan and didn't feel as a freshman he had any right to question Berenson.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

IIRC Laine and Ehlers both used to play their off side (pre-NHL) and I think Maurice should try that with them.
Connor I agree should stay at LW.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Perreault Little Wheeler
Connor Copp Armia
Mathias Lowry Dano

Morrisey Byfuglien
Enstrom Trouba
Kulikhov Myers

Mason
Helleybuyck

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Perreault Little Wheeler
Connor Copp Armia
Mathias Lowry Dano

Morrisey Byfuglien
Enstrom Trouba
Kulikhov Myers

Mason
Helleybuyck

First - Switch Perreault and Connor

Second - Why would they break up JoMo and Trouba after the success last year?

Third - PoMo loves his MLA line so I dont think he will break that up. I think the below is a pretty balanced lineup. Enstrom and Kulikov could be switched depending on how they look in camp/preseason.

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
Perreault Copp Dano
Mathias Lowry Armia

Morrisey Trouba
Enstrom Byfuglien
Kulikov Myers

Mason
Helleybuyck

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I see the lineup barring injuries like this

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
Perraeault Copp Dano
Mathias Lowry Armia
Petan Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Kulikov Buff
Enstrom Myers
Chairot

I think they try Connor on the 2nd line to ease him in better to the NHL playing with some real good Vets. I think it affords him the best opportunity to produce as well as he is a natural finisher.

For the sake of arguments I think the bottom 2 lines are fairly equal. Lowrys line will end up starting most shifts in there end if PoMo has his way. Copps line starts in the offensive end.

I think the D minutes will be spread out more evenly. Buff and Trouba probably get more PP time and Kulikov and Myers get more PK time. Morrissey and Enstrom fill in on special teams on either side.

If we score at the same rate as last year and we get better PP/PK and goaltending, I think we make the playoffs easily

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
Perraeault Copp Dano
Mathias Lowry Armia
Petan Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Kulikov Buff
Enstrom Myers
Chairot

I think they try Connor on the 2nd line to ease him in better to the NHL playing with some real good Vets. I think it affords him the best opportunity to produce as well as he is a natural finisher.

For the sake of arguments I think the bottom 2 lines are fairly equal. Lowrys line will end up starting most shifts in there end if PoMo has his way. Copps line starts in the offensive end.

I think the D minutes will be spread out more evenly. Buff and Trouba probably get more PP time and Kulikov and Myers get more PK time. Morrissey and Enstrom fill in on special teams on either side.

If we score at the same rate as last year and we get better PP/PK and goaltending, I think we make the playoffs easily

If Petan doesn't crack the lineup, then I'd rather him play in the AHL

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
as a big connor fan and I am a big fan what has he done to play on the 2nd line. when he proves he is better then perreault then by all means move him up. dano has about as much chance on beating out armia for a spot on the 3rd as petan does on making final roster. 1 spot open on the 4th line rw. mathias copp X. also copp wont beat out lowry for 3rd line centre. someone the coach just singled out along with scheifele and trouba as key players on this team.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Ehlers Scheifele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
Perraeault Copp Dano
Mathias Lowry Armia
Petan Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Kulikov Buff
Enstrom Myers
Chairot

This isn't bad looking Joe. I am really interested to see Connor this season I think he is going to beast anywhere in the top 9.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
as a big connor fan and I am a big fan what has he done to play on the 2nd line. when he proves he is better then perreault then by all means move him up. dano has about as much chance on beating out armia for a spot on the 3rd as petan does on making final roster. 1 spot open on the 4th line rw. mathias copp X. also copp wont beat out lowry for 3rd line centre. someone the coach just singled out along with scheifele and trouba as key players on this team.

Little and Wheeler shelter Connor.
Perreault would add veteran presence and possession to a 3rd line with Copp and Armia.

It's not about which line they're on: it's about maximizing deployment. For most players, QoT is more important than QoC, so Connor should do fine with Little and Wheels.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Little and Wheeler shelter Connor.
Perreault would add veteran presence and possession to a 3rd line with Copp and Armia.

It's not about which line they're on: it's about maximizing deployment. For most players, QoT is more important than QoC, so Connor should do fine with Little and Wheels.

connor might not be ready to play in the nhl against top 6 forwards and top 4 dmen. perreault can. that's why ehlers and scheifele and almost all blue chip prospects usually start on 3rd line. I honestly cant see them starting connor on top 6 this year. but if he plays well I can see them moving him there later on around Christmas. plus playing on the top 6 comes with a added pressure that I don't think they want to put on him.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I would guess this is what we see from Maurice opening day...

Ehlers -Scheifele- Wheeler
MP -Little- Laine
Connor-Lowry- Armia
Matthias -Copp- Dano
Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Kuli Buff
Enstrom Myers
Chiarot Mel

Mason
Helle

My lines if I were coach...

Connor -Scheifele- Ehlers
Laine -Little- Wheeler
Copp/MP -MP/Copp- Armia
Mathias -Lowry- Dano

Tanev

Morrissey Trouba
Kuli Buff
Enstrom Myers

Mason
Helle

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
connor might not be ready to play in the nhl against top 6 forwards and top 4 dmen. perreault can. that's why ehlers and scheifele and almost all blue chip prospects usually start on 3rd line. I honestly cant see them starting connor on top 6 this year. but if he plays well I can see them moving him there later on around Christmas. plus playing on the top 6 comes with a added pressure that I don't think they want to put on him.

Re-read my message: it's been shown there's evidence that QoT is more important than QoC. Playing with Wheels and Little would be more beneficial than facing higher competition would be detrimental, according to recent thinking.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Did perreault and armia play at all together last year? I feel like they could be really good together

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Re-read my message: it's been shown there's evidence that QoT is more important than QoC. Playing with Wheels and Little would be more beneficial than facing higher competition would be detrimental, according to recent thinking.

more beneficial to the player or the team. if the answer to the question is connor good enough to play on the 2nd line for 82 games is I don't know, then he shouldn't play there till he is.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
more beneficial to the player or the team. if the answer to the question is connor good enough to play on the 2nd line for 82 games is I don't know, then he shouldn't play there till he is.

It's one and the same - I'm on a mobile right now, otherwise I'd send you the articles you can read on this if you're interested.

Connor would do fine on the 2nd line with Wheels and Little, IMO. You disagree - that's fine. Before you do though: go check out the QoT vs. QoC argument - it's interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad