Roster in 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Talking about Connor in the other thread had me thinking, what decisions will Chevy make for the roster in 2017-18. I really hope Perreault hangs around and we sign him over Ladd because if we lose both of those guys than we are really hoping Petan becomes a top 6 player in a few years which I think he will. We will really see an infusion of youth and a core changing roster. The lineup below is what I think it will look like with a few spots up for grabs by UFA's, current and future draft picks (acquired in Buff and Ladd trades). But if Ladd signs then put him in there over Perreault.

Perreault Little Wheeler
Ehlers Scheif Petan
Connor Lowry ??
Lemieux Copp ??

Enstrom Myers
Morrissey Trouba
?? ??

Helly
Comrie (or NHL vet)

In the mix, Roslovic, Armia, Lipon, DeLeo, Spacek, Kostalek, Niku, Poolman and this year's picks.

UFA's are Perreault, Stafford, Burmi, Thor, Stuart and Pavs. Who would or should stay?

Last edited:

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Ehlers Stamkos Scheif
Perreault Little Wheeler
Connor Lowry Petan
Lemieux Copp Thorburn

Enstrom Myers
Morrissey Trouba
?? ??

Helly
??

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Scheifele - Ehlers
Connor/Petan/??? - Lowry - Petan/Armia
Lemieux/??? - Copp - Armia/Lipon

Enstrom - Myers
??? - Trouba
Morrissey - Chiarot/???

Hellebuyck
???

Last edited:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Stamkos Kopitar Ehlers
Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Petan Little Lemieux
Roslovic Copp Peluso :naughty:

Trouba Hamonic
Enstrom Myers
Chiarot Postma

Hellebuyck
Comrie

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
If we move Myers for him I think that's as close to a lateral move as possible. Otherwise what else would they ask for? Morrissey plus a pick?

Just speculating on D men for 2017/18. With all the talk of him coming at some point (and he's signed through 2020), thought I'd throw his name into the blender. I'd imagine he'd be replacing Myers in your line-up.

And, maybe we can add Chychrun to the Left side of the D (if the Buff, Ladd trades get made this season, and we send Bucky back to the Moose once Pavs is healthy). Stuart is still signed until the end of that season, too - wishful thinking that he isn't on that Depth Chart.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Stamkos (12.0) Kopitar (10.0) Ehlers (0.8)
Connor (0.9) Scheifele (5.5) Wheeler (5.6)
Petan (0.8) Little (4.7) Lemieux (0.9)
Roslovic (0.9) Copp (0.9) Peluso (0.6)

Trouba (6.0) Hamonic (3.9)
Enstrom (5.8) Myers (5.5)
Chariot (1.0) Postma (1.0)
Hellebuyck (4.0)
Comrie (0.6)

$71.4M + $3-4M for depth....could work. Nicely done

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
What I'd like to see for the starting line up in 2017-2018 with all spots being earned...

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler
Connor Little Armia
Perreault Lowry Roslovic
Lemieux Copp Lipon

Trouba Buff
Enstrom Hamonic
Morrissey Kostalek

Helle
Comrie

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
What I'd like to see for the starting line up in 2017-2018 with all spots being earned...

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler
Connor Little Armia
Perreault Lowry Roslovic
Lemieux Copp Lipon

Trouba Buff
Enstrom Hamonic
Morrissey Kostalek

Helle
Comrie

That could mean 6-7 rookies being introduced either next year or the year after. I think a few spots will need to filled with FA's (Stemp for example ;)) as these many prospects would seem unrealistic.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Ladd Little Wheeler
Perreault Scheifele Ehlers
Connor Lowry Petan
Lemieux Copp Lipon
Extra: Armia

Trouba Buff
Enstrom Myers
Morrissey Hamonic

Hellebuyck
Pav

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Ladd Little Wheeler
Connor Lowry Petan
Lemieux Copp Lipon

Trouba Buff
Enstrom Myers
Morrissey Hamonic

Hellebuyck
Pav

Well that would be the best d core in the league but lots of money tied up there and not a lot of minutes to spread out. Im assuming one of those 5 would need to go the other way for Hamonic. That 4th line sure would be fun to watch.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Ladd Little Wheeler
Connor Lowry Petan
Lemieux Copp Lipon

Trouba Buff
Enstrom Myers
Morrissey Hamonic

Hellebuyck
Pav

So, in two years time you see Petan(LH shot) playing RW on the third line yet Armia isn't playing?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
That could mean 6-7 rookies being introduced either next year or the year after. I think a few spots will need to filled with FA's (Stemp for example ;)) as these many prospects would seem unrealistic.

Ya, which is why I said all spots being earned...

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
So, in two years time you see Petan(LH shot) playing RW on the third line yet Armia isn't playing?

Petan is off to slow start in AHL and still has 11 pts in 14 games. He may be ready to step into the top six after two pro seasons much like Tyler Johnson.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Perreault Little Wheeler
Ehlers Scheif Petan
Connor Lowry ??
Lemieux Copp ??

Enstrom Myers
Morrissey Trouba
?? ??

Helly
Comrie (or NHL vet)

No Pavs. :D
approved.jpg

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I wouldn't count on Petan just yet. The only guy I see making the Jets roster without a doubt in my mind that isn't already on it is Kyle Connor.
Some may say he hasn't proven anything but I think he makes it.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'd have to add Morrissey to that list.

I don't know. Defencemen can take awhile to develop. Morrissey will really need to kick his offensive game into gear by next season to have any shot at making the team I think. His career trajectory reminds me of Joe Morrow. And Morrow is just now getting his shot after spending almost 3 full seasons in the AHL.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Why is everyone still penciling Lowry in as the 3C? We've gotta do better than that. He belongs on a 4th line and we may have better options there pretty soon with Copp & Lemieux.

Last edited:

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
I am curious what our roster is going to look like in two months...nevermind two years

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Why is everyone still penciling Lowry in as the 3C? Gotta do better than that.

I'm not ready to write off Lowry just because of 2nd year struggles, shortsighted if people are. I still think they plan on having him as the 3C in the future and his 1st year was very encouraging for this being a reality even if there are some bumps in the road.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I don't know. Defencemen can take awhile to develop. Morrissey will really need to kick his offensive game into gear by next season to have any shot at making the team I think. His career trajectory reminds me of Joe Morrow. And Morrow is just now getting his shot after spending almost 3 full seasons in the AHL.

While individual situations will vary, there is a correlation to earlier entry to NHL and better overall player.

I should note that there is no evidence that defencemen, forwards, or goaltenders peak in performance differs. There is evidence that entry into the NHL differs. The latter is probably due to combination of less jobs available and also mistakes being made are more obvious and direct in consequence.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
While individual situations will vary, there is a correlation to earlier entry to NHL and better overall player.

I should note that there is no evidence that defencemen, forwards, or goaltenders peak in performance differs. There is evidence that entry into the NHL differs. The latter is probably due to combination of less jobs available and also mistakes being made are more obvious and direct in consequence.

He'll still need to get his offensive game going before he gets a shot I think. I believe there is a correlation between the Jets management giving him a shot and the points he puts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad